Started by grayhawg, January 13, 2017, 09:07:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Cobi Hamilton Fan

bartonbear

And Diaco is unavailable... Such is the life of a Hogs fan

hogcard1964

DoctorSusscrofa

Minnesota may not want a ton of publicity for this hiring.  News Release over the weekend when no one's paying attention. Then by Monday, the story is old and cold.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

factchecker

The laziness of our news sources is laughable.

I don't doubt that Robb is gone.  I don't doubt that Robb is a Gopher. I do doubt the work ethic of Arkansas news companies. The only citation given is that Robb changed his twitter profile.  Why doesn't KATV do a little more ground work and add to the story?  Call U of Minni up and ask them if they can confirm the move.

Heck, call up Robb or his wife.  Somebody had to have developed a working relationship with him while he was here the past couple of years.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 13, 2017, 09:14:58 pm
Nope, nothing official yet.

Sign him.
It's over. Sorry. I hope you didn't let Pig in a Pokey talk you into thinking Diaco was a done deal here?

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 13, 2017, 09:14:58 pm
Nope, nothing official yet.

Sign him.

And nothing official from Minnesota, either, but you are inclined to believe there is. Now, we all know Robb is going to Minnesota, and Nebraska will announce Diaco tomorrow, but you keep up your dream, if that is what it is.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on January 13, 2017, 09:20:06 pm
It's over. Sorry. I hope you didn't let Pig in a Pokey talk you into thinking Diaco was a done deal here?

Just as well.  I doubt he'd stay after a staff turnover anyway.

Go cheap right now.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

QUICK TANGENT:

Jason Kersey and Trent Shadid are the hardest working news guys we've got right now.  Both of these guys travel cross country to visit recruits and to cover stories.  I don't agree with their views 100% and I tolerate that they associate with Eric Bolin but I respect their work ethic.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tophawg19

but are you sure it's really the ''official Bret Beilema'' announcement . we gotta wait for the official one you know
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 13, 2017, 09:27:24 pm
but are you sure it's really the ''official Bret Beilema'' announcement . we gotta wait for the official one you know
It the official "Bret Bielema" announcement, though. Now, did we collect $250,000 or not, lol?

factchecker

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 13, 2017, 09:27:24 pm

who is Bret Beilema?

Also.... if we promote Paul to DC it's Rhoads..... R-H-O-A-D-S.  It's not Roads or Rhoades.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Chief Mac

About time for real!  Hopefully Bielema hires someone that can coach his butt off.  Not asking for a top defense.  Hell, I'd settle for average above what we had the last two years
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Cobi Hamilton Fan

So Mike Riley and Nebraska fire the DC TWO days ago and they've already got a deal in place for Diaco. All the while we are sitting on our hands playing the "nice guy" role allowing Robb Smith to save face and find a new job. Awesome......

Marshfieldhog

Have we ever had a coach not fire an assistant and let them take weeks to find a gig? Who does that? Sounds absurd to me.

AirWarren

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on January 13, 2017, 09:40:09 pm
So Mike Riley and Nebraska fire the DC TWO days ago and they've already got a deal in place for Diaco. All the while we are sitting on our hands playing the "nice guy" role allowing Robb Smith to save face and find a new job. Awesome......

Diaco wasn't coming here you idiot.

This is hogville. The place where gruden was the next coach.

hogcam

You don't really believe that do you? I promise Coach B wasn't just sitting around waiting

Nosboar Accubond

This assumes there's not been a plan for say... 2 months

hogcard1964

Actually that "deal" hasn't been signed yet. 

Regardless, we're better off staying on the cheap for right now.  Diaco wouldn't have stuck around after the next coaching turnover.

ricepig

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 13, 2017, 09:46:01 pm
Actually that "deal" hasn't been signed yet. 

Regardless, we're better off staying on the cheap for right now.  Diaco wouldn't have stuck around after the next coaching turnover.

And he won't stay at Nebraska after their next coaching turnover. If Bielema gets fired, we still have to pay off our guaranteed contracts, no matter who's they are.

hogcard1964

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 09:50:27 pm
And he won't stay at Nebraska after their next coaching turnover. If Bielema gets fired, we still have to pay off our guaranteed contracts, no matter who's they are.

Ok, then sign him.

26.2Hog

Quote from: factchecker on January 13, 2017, 09:17:33 pm
The laziness of our news sources is laughable.

I don't doubt that Robb is gone.  I don't doubt that Robb is a Gopher. I do doubt the work ethic of Arkansas news companies. The only citation given is that Robb changed his twitter profile.  Why doesn't KATV do a little more ground work and add to the story?  Call U of Minni up and ask them if they can confirm the move.

Heck, call up Robb or his wife.  Somebody had to have developed a working relationship with him while he was here the past couple of years.

Just so you'll know, Tom Murphy wrote an article last night (1/12/170 and reported in this morning's (1/13/17) ADG that "the Arkansas defensive coordinator position, which will be vacated because of Robb Smith's departure to Minnesota" . . .

ricepig

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: AP85 on January 13, 2017, 09:43:25 pm
Diaco wasn't coming here you idiot.

This is hogville. The place where gruden was the next coach.
I'm an idiot?  It's been reported every where that he met with CBB.

HamSammich

Wow, we are saved. Congrats to hogville

1highhog

My thought is this, why is everyone got a hardon for Diaco besides that post I saw earlier where there was a grey love fest where everyone posted in there thought he was a pretty fella?  He was not a recruiter in the areas that we need to hit harder in, we need someone who knows the South and is entrenched already with schools in Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and can Coach his ass off.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on January 13, 2017, 09:20:06 pm
dafugg you say? All I guaranteed was that Smith was gone. And I was right , you know.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pancetta

Quote from: 1highhog on January 13, 2017, 10:20:39 pm
My thought is this, why is everyone got a hardon for Diaco besides that post I saw earlier where there was a grey love fest where everyone posted in there thought he was a pretty fella?  He was not a recruiter in the areas that we need to hit harder in, we need someone who knows the South and is entrenched already with schools in Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, and can Coach his ass off.
I thought he would be a good DC because he won the Broyles award at Notre Dame as their DC when they went to the title game. I figured if CRS can't get it done and a guy like Diaco can't get it done then it's either CBB fault or it's not possible to have a good defense at Arkansas.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Pig in the Pokey

because he and coach B have history, for one, and he coaches 3-4. And because Long dropped that tweet about the Broyels award winner. And because he he had a few incredible defenses at Notre Dame. You do realize that Robb Smith was a terrible recruiter, right? Diaco could recruit from his phone in the office and do better. We want to actually have a guy worthy of the broyels award actually at arkansas. Seems wrong we've never had one.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

tophawg19

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2017, 10:43:14 pm
because he and coach B have history, for one, and he coaches 3-4. And because Long dropped that tweet about the Broyels award winner. And because he he had a few incredible defenses at Notre Dame. You do realize that Robb Smith was a terrible recruiter, right? Diaco could recruit from his phone in the office and do better. We want to actually have a guy worthy of the broyels award actually at arkansas. Seems wrong we've never had one.
that was his only really good season. and with a ream top loaded with defensive talent . the rest of the time he's been average at best considering his advantages [ notre dame ] I don't want another bend but don't break guy and he is
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 13, 2017, 10:49:58 pm
that was his only really good season. and with a ream top loaded with defensive talent . the rest of the time he's been average at best considering his advantages [ notre dame ] I don't want another bend but don't break guy and he is
well it's probably immaterial as he is off to Nebraska.
@Slackaveli

rhog1

Is it possible that we were always going to promote Rhoads to defensive coordinator and Bret interviewed Diaco and allowed it to leak out as a favor to a friend to drive up the asking price at Nebraska.

Ramboar

CPR was in the works since last year to take over as DC  if CRS stumbled in 2016 like he did in 2015. CBB has had a plan with CPR since he got here. 
I'll be yo Huckleberry

aar0n

I'm not shedding a tear over Diaco, he wasn't necessarily a slam dunk hire and believes in the bend but don't break defense we've all grown to love over the years.

Also, methinks the Diaco to Nebraska and Robb Smith news coming out at about the same time are intertwined, most likely CBB has his man.  I don't think Diaco turned us down if previous DC pay was any indication (we paid about double that of Nebraska), I think we went another direction by choice.

hogcard1964

Yea that guy that coached at Notre Dame, Iowa st. and Pittsburgh should really tear up the back roads of the south. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Pancetta on January 13, 2017, 10:41:27 pm
I thought he would be a good DC because he won the Broyles award at Notre Dame as their DC when they went to the title game. I figured if CRS can't get it done and a guy like Diaco can't get it done then it's either CBB fault or it's not possible to have a good defense at Arkansas.

Possible but more difficult than at many other programs.  They can be competent though which would be an improvement.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 13, 2017, 10:39:34 pm
dafugg you say? All I guaranteed was that Smith was gone. And I was right , you know.
I don't know about a guarantee, but you did say "we're not losing him to Nebraska"
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Inhogswetrust

When signed contracts are involved unless someone gets fired for cause then there is a process that sometimes takes time for them leaving or signing a new contract elsewhere. Why some people don't understand that just shows their ignorance.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 14, 2017, 08:57:57 am
When signed contracts are involved unless someone gets fired for cause then there is a process that sometimes takes time for them leaving or signing a new contract elsewhere. Why some people don't understand that just shows their ignorance.

What was "the cause" of Nebraska firing their DC?  I'll hang up and listen.

rhames

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 14, 2017, 09:06:32 am

They fired him for cause...........beCAUSE he sucked.

Couldn't help my self
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: rhames on January 14, 2017, 09:12:47 am

They fired he for cause...........beCAUSE he sucked.

Couldn't help my self

That's what I thought, imagine that schools firing coaches because they suck!

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 14, 2017, 09:06:32 am

Cause he was bad, like ours! Nebraska wished to buy him out, pay him off, or whatever his contract said. We went a different route, letting ours resign, and find another job. Absolutely no one on here knows what, if any discussions Bielema has had with anyone on his replacement. We're read and heard things, but we also read and heard Smith was going to be the next DC at Wake. Unlike most, I figure Bielema knows what he wants to do with the position, if we get the DC from Fayetteville HS, then maybe not.

Redhogs

It's the Bert way. Relax, # integrity.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: ricepig on January 14, 2017, 09:14:23 am
Cause he was bad, like ours! Nebraska wished to buy him out, pay him off, or whatever his contract said. We went a different route, letting ours resign, and find another job. Absolutely no one on here knows what, if any discussions Bielema has had with anyone on his replacement. We're read and heard things, but we also read and heard Smith was going to be the next DC at Wake. Unlike most, I figure Bielema knows what he wants to do with the position, if we get the DC from Fayetteville HS, then maybe not.

A part of me likes and approves the way he handles things but then you have another side that says thing aren't going so well overall.  Allways waiting for that great hire that doesn't seem to happen as it relates to wins on the field.   Then there's that "you snooze you lose" thing.  We'll see want we?

I guess I'm saying if it weren't a competition BB's way would be great, but we are competing.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 14, 2017, 09:14:23 am

So, Wendell Harris isn't on the top of your list?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on January 14, 2017, 09:19:30 am
A part of me likes and approves the way he handles things but then you have another side that says thing aren't going so well overall.  Allways waiting for that great hire that doesn't seem to happen as it relates to wins on the field.   Then there's that "you snooze you lose" thing.  We'll see want we?

Yes, we will. For me personally, it's his staff, he'll sink or swim with it, so it should be his choices. If he misses out on someone due to his "choices", then he'll either have to overcome them, or sink.