Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The silence is deafening....

Started by hobhog, January 12, 2017, 10:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

What the heck is taking so long? Something has to break soon, right?

HOGINTENNESSEE

What silence? We interviewed Diaco and Diaco is interviewing with Nebraska tonight.

It's really been pretty loud today

Hawg Life

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 12, 2017, 10:50:26 pm
What silence? We interviewed Diaco and Diaco is interviewing with Nebraska tonight.

It's really been pretty loud today

Agreed. If it's about money Diaco should come to Arkansas. We played our last D.C. $850k and they paid there's $500k.

Hawg Life

Quote from: hobhog on January 12, 2017, 10:23:11 pm

The real question is who & how many have we interviewed..

deedster84

CBB gets in no hurry to hire his assistants. Think back to the last hires. Hogville discussed numerous coaches for weeks before CBB actually hired someone.

Hawg Life

Quote from: deedster84 on January 13, 2017, 12:03:09 am
CBB gets in no hurry to hire his assistants. Think back to the last hires. Hogville discussed numerous coaches for weeks before CBB actually hired someone.

He's in more of a hurry this time. North Carolina wants Partridge and Nebraska. No one else wanted Segrest or  Robb Smith or were interviewing them when we were interviewing them. That may be a sign that we are making better hires this time.

lefty08

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 13, 2017, 03:10:40 am
He's in more of a hurry this time. North Carolina wants Partridge and Nebraska. No one else wanted Segrest or  Robb Smith or were interviewing them when we were interviewing them. That may be a sign that we are making better hires this time.

You don't know any of this to be true
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

NuttinItUp

Quote from: lefty08 on January 13, 2017, 06:02:00 am
Not knowing things has never stopped people from posting before.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 13, 2017, 06:14:24 am
Not knowing things has never stopped people from posting before.

It seems to makes them more eager to post and in more certain language. 
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

southeasthog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 13, 2017, 06:19:57 am
It seems to makes them more eager to post and in more certain language. 
You talking about "Being Guved?"

Hawg Life

Quote from: lefty08 on January 13, 2017, 06:02:00 am

Nothing I said is a secret. It's been on pay boards and SEC Country. Just because you don't know doesn't mean others haven't read something.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 13, 2017, 06:29:40 am
Nothing I said is a secret. It's been on pay boards and SEC Country. Just because you don't know doesn't mean others haven't read something.

Other fans claiming something doesn't make it true.  It just means rumors are ricocheting around message boards.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 13, 2017, 06:29:40 am

....well, if it's on pay boards, it must be true. 😉
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

(notOM)Rebel123

The nerve of him to make HV wait.

Hawg Life

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 13, 2017, 06:34:22 am
....well, if it's on pay boards, it must be true. 😉

You're right.. I won't post about it anymore.

The_Iceman

Robb Smith is still officially the DC at Arkansas as of now.

Inhogswetrust

We go through this every time there is an opening. Be patient. Rushing into a hire is never good.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

lefty08

Quote from: Fatty McGee on January 13, 2017, 06:34:15 am
Other fans claiming something doesn't make it true.  It just means rumors are ricocheting around message boards.

You guys should really look at what he said to make me respond that way. It was a pure opinion piece written as fact. It can be avoided
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

Pork Twain

Can't hire anyone until there is an opening, pretty simple
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ricepig

ricepig

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 13, 2017, 06:45:09 am
You're right.. I won't post about it anymore.

Just keep PMing them to me. I love the upto the min update from the rumor mill

HamSammich

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 13, 2017, 07:03:07 am
We go through this every time there is an opening. Be patient. Rushing into a hire is never good.

We didn't rush the hire with any of our current assistants.... pray tell, how good are they?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Rushing into a decision is never a good thing, but......taking so long that other programs hire the best available candidates and you are left only with low level G5, FCS, or P5 choices is not the best either.  If you want to upgrade a position you can be quick, focused, concise, without rushing.  You can make an informed decision in a day or two and a piss poor one after taking a month to "think" about it.

Yes we over exaggerate things for our own program in terms of time, but when you see other schools making hire after hire it does make fans nervous, or wonder why does it take so long.  Fans also lose faith when some of those protracted hires don't really work out or impress.  It's like you take all this time to make this hire and this is what you came up with?

Your MO may be to help coaches find soft landing spots, but that MO has resulted in less than stellar results on the field, and a restless fan base.  Assistant coaches know it's a rough business, they know their employment is tenuous.  If they can't handle that they should find another field, and if they are good or at least decent coaches they will find other employment even if it's a step down.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

lefty08

It shouldn't make anyone nervous unless our targets are taking other jobs, and it appears they aren't doing that. This isn't a microwave, more of a slow griller. These are the most important hires BB has made to date, it's best to take your time

If you think coaching targets and recruits don't know where we stand you are more naive than first thought

Relax

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 07:45:09 am
Rushing into a decision is never a good thing, but......taking so long that other programs hire the best available candidates and you are left only with low level G5, FCS, or P5 choices is not the best either.  If you want to upgrade a position you can be quick, focused, concise, without rushing.  You can make an informed decision in a day or two and a piss poor one after taking a month to "think" about it.

Yes we over exaggerate things for our own program in terms of time, but when you see other schools making hire after hire it does make fans nervous, or wonder why does it take so long.  Fans also lose faith when some of those protracted hires don't really work out or impress.  It's like you take all this time to make this hire and this is what you came up with?

Your MO may be to help coaches find soft landing spots, but that MO has resulted in less than stellar results on the field, and a restless fan base.  Assistant coaches know it's a rough business, they know their employment is tenuous.  If they can't handle that they should find another field, and if they are good or at least decent coaches they will find other employment even if it's a step down.

Best candidates in your mind, HV's?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 07:52:20 am
Best candidates in your mind, HV's?

I think Diaco would be a great hire.  Cauthen at stAte (would never happen).  I'd talk to Bo Pelini.  Probably more out there, but my job isn't to focus 24-7 on football if it was I would have a more definitive list and I would act on it, in clearing the position and filling it especially if my mind was already made up that I needed to make a change.

I'm not just talking about DC though although for now that's the only position that appears that is going to be open.  Line play on both sides was subpar as well.  I was also referencing his past MO in these hires that gave way to less than stellar resumes/performances
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 08:01:54 am
I think Diaco would be a great hire.  Cauthen at stAte (would never happen).  I'd talk to Bo Pelini.  Probably more out there, but my job isn't to focus 24-7 on football if it was I would have a more definitive list and I would act on it, in clearing the position and filling it especially if my mind was already made up that I needed to make a change.

I'm not just talking about DC though although for now that's the only position that appears that is going to be open.  Line play on both sides was subpar as well.  I was also referencing his past MO in these hires that gave way to less than stellar resumes/performances

Yeah, but he hired guys he wanted, correct, or as best as we can discern?

Next1_04

Just because you are impatient doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 08:03:46 am

Wanted or all that was left out there.  Tomato, tomaahto.  Is he a thoughtful decision maker or does he just take a long time to make a decision.  Some could draw the correlation that it is mirrored in our second half meltdowns, ie failure to take quick decisive action under pressure, failure to pivot when needed, failure to realize the urgency of a situation and take action.  The let's not panic mode.  No you shouldn't panic, but you damn well better do something.  I'm not drawing that conclusion I'm just saying some could.

ricepig

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on January 13, 2017, 08:09:03 am
Wanted or all that was left out there.  Tomato, tomaahto.  Is he a thoughtful decision maker or does he just take a long time to make a decision.  Some could draw the correlation that it is mirrored in our second half meltdowns, ie failure to take quick decisive action under pressure, failure to pivot when needed, failure to realize the urgency of a situation and take action.  The let's not panic mode.  No you shouldn't panic, but you damn well better do something.  I'm not drawing that conclusion I'm just saying some could.

Oh, some definitely already have, lol. As far as timing, like most, I wanted it done days ago, but then again, I'm not privy to all the info.

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 07:28:09 am
I doubt it...

No, I assure you I won't post any of the information that just came out on pay boards. I will not say anything about a coaching search again, because all information isn't 100% factual. I will still read about them on here because ALL of you have facts.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Hawg Life on January 13, 2017, 08:17:20 am
No, I assure you I won't post any of the information that just came out on pay boards. I will not say anything about a coaching search again, because all information isn't 100% factual. I will still read about them on here because ALL of you have facts.

Way to go, Rice and Reb, now we aren't going to be getting anymore "pay board" information for free around here. I hope you two are happy with yourselves, we'll have to wait for the TV news guys to tell us if we have a new coach or not, Lanny might as well shut this place down now. :'(
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

ricepig

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 13, 2017, 08:27:24 am
Way to go, Rice and Reb, now we aren't going to be getting anymore "pay board" information for free around here. I hope you two are happy with yourselves, we'll have to wait for the TV news guys to tell us if we have a new coach or not, Lanny might as well shut this place down now. :'(

Lol, I read pay boards too, the info there is about as reliable as any.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 13, 2017, 08:27:24 am

At least one of us (not rice) put a "smiley wink" emoji at the end of the post....

Redhogs

And it's worked so well. :-\ :-\
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on January 13, 2017, 08:52:54 am
At least one of us (not rice) put a "smiley wink" emoji at the end of the post....

I'll tell you the info you need to know, when I think you can handle it.

Tusks

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 13, 2017, 06:46:19 am

scary, very scary
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dwight_K_Shrute

Article from Nebraska paper.  In many ways Nebraska situation is similar to ours.  Only program in the entire state. More storied tradition obviously, but it is all Husker border to border, very much a fishbowl like Arkansas.

While the article doesn't compare the two programs the similarities in where the programs are, the fan disappointment/unrest are there.  Nebraska/Riley already have their old DC out of the way so may make the process a little easier for them.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-riley-looks-to-stimulate-program-s-growth/article_3125c46e-63a0-5534-8c0a-0c72aa44782f.html 

The Hawg Marshal

The world we live in now is all about having to have things happen now. Fortunately the real world doesn't always work that way. What will get done will get done and there is nothing anyone on here can do to alter that.

tophawg19

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 08:03:46 am
i wonder if we didn't miss on some and have to go plan xyz on a couple
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hobhog

Quote from: lefty08 on January 13, 2017, 07:49:52 am
It shouldn't make anyone nervous unless our targets are taking other jobs, and it appears they aren't doing that. This isn't a microwave, more of a slow griller. These are the most important hires BB has made to date, it's best to take your time

If you think coaching targets and recruits don't know where we stand you are more naive than first thought

Relax

I guess my impatience is directed more to our current DC. Been rumored for way too long that he was leaving but nothing but silence. We cant hire for position that isn't open, so until I hear he is gone I cant put much stock in rumored replacements. Something smells.

Pancetta

If all of our commits and targeted recruits were being kept in the loop then the info would be all over the place. Your talking about a generation that tweets about themselves doing dumb or illegal things. You think they would be able to stop themselves from sharing?    I just hope we hurry up and work out CRS's exit out and hire a difference maker. I hope we don't lose any recruits or allow uncommitted recruits interest to cool while we work it out.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

ShadowHawg

So if it's from a pay board it's not a rumor?

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hobhog on January 13, 2017, 10:37:31 am
I guess my impatience is directed more to our current DC. Been rumored for way too long that he was leaving but nothing but silence. We cant hire for position that isn't open, so until I hear he is gone I cant put much stock in rumored replacements. Something smells.

When you say rumor twice, then that means you probably shouldn't be impatient because getting impatient based on rumors is a fool's errand.

Talon

Quote from: hobhog on January 13, 2017, 10:37:31 am
We cant hire for position that isn't open...

I've noticed this or similar comments in multiple places in this thread. I'm not sure I follow the logic. CBB can hire whenever he is ready. If the NCAA limit on coaches is the limfac then telling one coach you are fired about 10 seconds before he tells the other one he is hired works.

Sometimes you need to be in a hurry and sometimes you don't. That is CBBs problem, not mine. What I would like to see is a quality hire whenever it happens.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 13, 2017, 06:46:19 am
and that's relevant how? "Obama is still potus as of now." see how easy that is?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Smith is in Minnesota working, it will be up to them to announce his hiring.

twistitup

Maybe he should try the hurry up method. HUAH

The Hurry Up And Hire method is worth a shot as his current strategy isnt working all that well
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....