Previous topic - Next topic

Was this move:

A step up
Lateral
A step down
Fp

AirWarren

Quote from: Hogarusa on January 09, 2017, 05:58:37 pm
Lateral move. Minnesota is a power 5 school. Not sure why Arkansas fans love to brag about being in the big bad SEC when they are in the bottom half of the conference, that doesnt make us better than everyone.

That's the thing. Hog fans have no business making fun or looking down at anyone. Because the nation looks at us like these folks are making fun of Minnesota.

kaki

AP, maybe you are just trying to have fun. Or maybe something else, but at some point the 'devil's advocate'becomes the devil. 

Arthur pigby sellers.

I assume  he will take a major pay cut in the range of three to $400,000. Not a lateral move  when you have a family to provide for.

hogmolar

I would bet that the same people arguing that our program is making more money and is considerably better than Minnesota are the ones calling for JL to be fired.

Pancetta

I don't understand this move. If he stays or gets firef he gets $850k. If he leaves he makes less. Either he feels that his reputation will be damaged more than that or the UofA did some sort of buyout for him to leave.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

rtr

Arkansas has played in 3 SEC Championship games, latest in 2006.  Arkansas played in BCS game in 2010.  Minnesota is not a comparable program at this time, Houston Nutt and the Music City Bowl notwithstanding.  In the 1930's they were a powerhouse.  No, Robb Smith did not make a lateral move.  Do you think Lou Holtz thought he made a lateral move when he landed at Minnesota after Broyles ran him off.  Please, we should take a back seat to very few especially Minnesota.  Arkansas needs to show at least a little pride.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: AP85 on January 09, 2017, 07:00:33 pm
And the one we grasp on to from 64 is much better?

Not really a grasp. It happened

longpig

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 05:12:01 pm
Honestly, if we get Minnesota to pay the $250,000 buyout, we should be ashamed.
Gophers obviously didn't read the fine print.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: murthage on January 09, 2017, 05:32:20 pm
Robb Smith                                  $825,000
All Minnesota Assistant Coaches     $264,000

Nuff Said.....
this gets a rating of pants on fire lie

The GGs don't pay, but it ain't this bad.  264k might be an average pay for assistants.  might.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Scott7703

Quote from: AP85 on January 09, 2017, 04:53:08 pm
"You're".

is that best you have? I'm not writing a report and could care less what you think of my grammar or word usage. I repeat you are an absolute moron and poor excuse for a razorback fan. Do the rest of us a favor and get lost.

murthage

This is where I got my figures, although this version shows Minnesota assistants at $270,000

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

AirWarren

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 09, 2017, 08:54:44 pm

is that best you have? I'm not writing a report and could care less what you think of my grammar or word usage. I repeat you are an absolute moron and poor excuse for a razorback fan. Do the rest of us a favor and get lost.

You think I care what some message board clown thinks of my fandom?

ricepig

Quote from: murthage on January 09, 2017, 09:30:24 pm
This is where I got my figures, although this version shows Minnesota assistants at $270,000

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

And the coordinators were paid $550,000.

farmhawg

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 09, 2017, 08:54:44 pm

how much could you care less?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

BearsBisonsBoars

murthage

Ricepig....

Thanks.  I completely missed the Minnesota Def Coordinator.  First I saw was the two Assistants listed farther down the list at $270,000.  I guess I should be more careful.  However, it is still a significant cut in pay.  Appreciate your posts and insight.