Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Robb Smith to Minnesota

Started by jcb03005, January 09, 2017, 01:06:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jcb03005

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose"  - Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights

greenEGnHAWGS

Just saw that. Good for him. Wish him the best and I'm looking forward to our future.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

NuttinItUp

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/818533884585381888

QuoteSOURCE: Minnesota is hiring Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith for the same position. An official announcement is expected later this week. Smith had been mentioned as a candidate at Wake Forest but instead will join P.J. Fleck's new staff. Arkansas could look internally for Smith's replacement, and defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads is a possibility there.

SA Hog Fan

Good luck to him in the future unless he is playing the Hogs.  Seems like a class act, just was not the answer here.

Pig in the Pokey

I will cheer for Minnesota above all other B1G teams now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Suidae Suis Scrofa

It'll be interesting to see how the Gopher defense progresses under Smith and Fleck.

-phil

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

phadedhawg

So proud of Smith.  I knew someday he'd go on to other things...

Thanks for the time you spent with us.  Need any help packing?

grayhawg

Quote from: Suidae Suis Scrofa on January 09, 2017, 01:11:21 pm
It'll be interesting to see how the Gopher defense progresses under Smith and Fleck.

-phil
Good for him and the Razorbacks.

Razorbackers

Thanks Robb! You seem like a nice guy. Thanks for your time.

*waits for car to pull around corner..pops champagne.*

LZH

I wish him well also. But, will we really see any change next year with a new DC?

ricepig

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice......

Wildhog

So he was able to get a better gig than WF.  Good for him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on January 09, 2017, 01:16:25 pm
I wish him well also. But, will we really see any change next year with a new DC?
Hopefully, with more team speed.  I mean, if you're going to be out of position, you'd better be fast.

PonderinHog

trphog

Stay classy Hogville. He's gone- no need to make us look like a bunch of A-holes

HF#1

Bielema is too nice to be in the SEC.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Razorpigg

Quote from: trphog on January 09, 2017, 01:27:52 pm
Stay classy Hogville. He's gone- no need to make us look like a bunch of A-holes

This come on people no need for the mob now hes gone.

rzrbk4life

Best of luck rob. Here's to hoping CBB makes a good replacement
Let's call those hogs!!!!

PonderinHog

Absolutely!  I hope he does well up there.  Maybe it's a better fit for him.

gmarv

I wish nothing but the best for CRS. 

King Kong

elksnort

This is the real question.

daBoar

I wonder if Smith feels he's going to a better situation.

cosmodrum

Putting a bandaid on a gaping wound
Go away, batin'

OhioHog

You are absolutely right!

Calling All Hogs

Look for Minnesota to have a great defense next year. After that however....

Hogarusa

All right, we've got a lot of posts to go to catch up to the 7 page Wake Forest thread. I think we can do it though. Just need a few hot takes.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

LZH

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 09, 2017, 01:26:32 pm
Hopefully, with more team speed.  I mean, if you're going to be out of position, you'd better be fast.

We all remember plenty of DB's at Arkansas that could run a legit 4.3 - but start the game and they were totally running the wrong way.

No doubt, we are terribly slow in the back 7. We need help immediately.

Hogwild

I wish nothing but the best of luck for RS.

PonderinHog

Quote from: LZH on January 09, 2017, 01:39:48 pm
We all remember plenty of DB's at Arkansas that could run a legit 4.3 - but start the game and they were totally running the wrong way.

No doubt, we are terribly slow in the back 7. We need help immediately.
It really can't get much worse, can it?  I need you to tell that it can't get worse.

code red

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 09, 2017, 01:42:31 pm
It really can't get much worse, can it?  I need you to tell that it can't get worse.
I really don't think it could.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

mckinneyhog5

What are they supposed to do with all those pitchforks and torches?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

The Kig

CRS admittedly had very little to work with talent wise at some positions.  We are going to find out how much of the poor play calling, lack of aggression, and fundamentals were on him.  Many think some of that responsibility lies with Segrest squandering the talent available on the DL...which may be partially true.  However, it falls to the DC to make calls and develop an overall game plan that gets the job done. 

Not going to bash him on the way out, but this change would have to take place even if he was only a sacrificial lamb. 
Poker Porker

Hogs958

Quote from: The Kig on January 09, 2017, 01:49:44 pm
CRS admittedly had very little to work with talent wise at some positions.  We are going to find out how much of the poor play calling, lack of aggression, and fundamentals were on him.  Many think some of that responsibility lies with Segrest squandering the talent available on the DL...which may be partially true.  However, it falls to the DC to make calls and develop an overall game plan that gets the job done. 

Not going to bash him on the way out, but this change would have to take place even if he was only a sacrificial lamb.

Good post. I don't think there was any excuse for the defense the last 2 years.

Wish him well, but a change had to be made.

younghog

I'm Glad a Change is Coming

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 09, 2017, 01:42:31 pm

It can only get worse...........he could stay.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

311Hog

Gladstonesmoans

I bet we will look like Alabama in spring practice--now figure out why the offense was so poor the last half of many key losses.

Hogs958

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 01:56:01 pm

He's just a big fan of Fargo.

The_Iceman

Can't have one of the worst rushing defenses in history and survive. No ill will toward Robb. Was a classy guy while here. Best of luck to him.

Quote from: HF#1 on January 09, 2017, 01:28:39 pm
Bielema is too nice to be in the SEC.
How does it help Arkansas to fire him before he can get a new job? Costs more money, and this way Bielema gets the respect from potential coaches for looking out for his staff.

When will PRJ admit that he was completely wrong about Bielema being willing to make a change?

daprospecta

Quote from: The Kig on January 09, 2017, 01:49:44 pm

I will. His players quit, consistently.  Coaches allow that type of thing and that's why I think CBB needs to go as well.  At least this is a start.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 01:56:01 pm
I'm reporting you for toying with my emotions!   >:(

longpig

Thanks for being here Robb with two b's, now go show Hogville you don't suck.

Don't be scared, be smart.

razorbrass

Who will he take with him?  I have a few suggestions....
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

HF#1

Quote from: Karma on January 09, 2017, 02:00:30 pm
How does it help Arkansas to fire him before he can get a new job? Costs more money, and this way Bielema gets the respect from potential coaches for looking out for his staff.

When will PRJ admit that he was completely wrong about Bielema being willing to make a change?

How much time does he waste trying to find these coaches new jobs? It's almost like Bielema has a complex about not looking like the bad guy.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

elksnort

Quote from: daprospecta on January 09, 2017, 02:02:44 pm
I will. His players quit, consistently.  Coaches allow that type of thing and that's why I think CBB needs to go as well.  At least this is a start.
Many folks have said the defense quit at times. I must say that I am not sure that anyone on defense actually "quit".

Having been a former player, I will trust your judgment regarding this. Do you remember any specific plays that they quit?

Again, I am curious if this was really the case at times.