Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Line on coaches leaving is 2

Started by parallaxpig, January 01, 2017, 01:00:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Quote from: hawgon on January 01, 2017, 01:43:53 pm
Probably nothing to it, but there is a little talk somewhere at least.

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/dan-enos-as-offensive-coord.104605/

Did you catch this comment further down in the thread?

QuoteOn paper Enos looks like a solid candidate, just don't want have to take Long back in the deal.

BOAR_N2BWILD

I spoke to a dad of one of the players and he said that the players know of 2 coaches that will more than likely not be back. One is coach CRS and the other is presumed CKA.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 01, 2017, 10:37:50 pm
I spoke to a dad of one of the players and he said that the players know of 2 coaches that will more than likely not be back. One is coach CRS and the other is presumed CKA.

There are two CRS's. No big if both go and if true good news about the EMU as well
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 01, 2017, 10:37:50 pm

Seems strange about Kurt considering just 3 weeks ago he said:

"I can't say enough about Kurt," Bielema said. "I know some of you guys (media) think you've got it figured out, but I've had a lot of good offensive line coaches. That guy might be the best one I've had."

and

"We're not very good up there," Bielema said. "We don't have a lot of depth. We need to recruit and do a better job of getting football players in this program, and he's doing an amazing job."

hawgon

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 02, 2017, 07:47:39 am

"I can't say enough about Kurt," Bielema said. "I know some of you guys (media) think you've got it figured out, but I've had a lot of good offensive line coaches. That guy might be the best one I've had."

and

"We're not very good up there," Bielema said. "We don't have a lot of depth. We need to recruit and do a better job of getting football players in this program, and he's doing an amazing job."

If I was on the offensive line, that second quote would have me saying, "Why don't you get up here and block, Fatass."

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hawgon on January 02, 2017, 08:17:47 am
If I was on the offensive line, that second quote would have me saying, "Why don't you get up here and block, Fatass."

or maybe they would say you should call him that to his face....

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 02, 2017, 08:25:55 am

Nah, much easier behind a keyboard.....

hawgon

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 02, 2017, 08:25:55 am

As usual you miss the point.  In defending an assistant coach and by extension himself, he completely threw the current players under the bus which is bound to stir up resentment among them.

A real coach who actually thinks about what he says before he says it could have accomplished the same thing thusly, "We are really thin on the Oline.  The guys we have up there now are doing a really good job but they get tired and we need to get them some help."

Scott7703

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 02, 2017, 07:47:39 am

and

Just more comments that have me concerned about the direction of our program.

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 08:42:46 am

Just more comments that have me concerned about the direction of our program.

You are concerned because he is concerned about our O-line depth? And you are just now being concerned about this? Or, you're concerned that he just now seems to be concerned?

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 08:52:30 am
You are concerned because he is concerned about our O-line depth? And you are just now being concerned about this? Or, you're concerned that he just now seems to be concerned?

I'm concerned with the fact he believes Anderson is doing a great job and also just now admitting we don't have the depth or players. Whose fault is that?

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 08:54:00 am
I'm concerned with the fact he believes Anderson is doing a great job and also just now admitting we don't have the depth or players. Whose fault is that?

Petrino's, my goodness, keep up.

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 08:55:29 am

Exactly. I hate for our current staff to take any responsibility for issues they've created.

SquidBilly

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 08:55:29 am

Four years in, that line no longer works.  I'm not in the fire them all camp but I also won't continue blaming current problems on folks no longer here.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 02, 2017, 09:01:35 am
Four years in, that line no longer works.  I'm not in the fire them all camp but I also won't continue blaming current problems on folks no longer here.

Can't say I've heard that line, and they meant it, in a long time.. most everybody, including the coaches know whose team and problems these are...

a question.. is it whose team or who's team?  I'm pretty sure it's not whom's  ;D .... thanks English majors..

ricepig

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 02, 2017, 09:01:35 am

It's sarcasm, but ok. Of course the blame falls on their shoulders. About the only position he's said we didn't need to improve on has been WR, QB, and RB. We can recruit those, well, because everyone wants to play that in high school, so the numbers are there. He's mentioned LB as a position we didn't recruit heavily enough in the first few years, we red-shirted several this year, hopefully they can play a little.

The o-line problem comes from having to play guys too early, and not getting to redshirt them, this past class, and the incoming class will, hopefully it helps.

SquidBilly

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 09:20:22 am
It's sarcasm, but ok. Of course the blame falls on their shoulders. About the only position he's said we didn't need to improve on has been WR, QB, and RB. We can recruit those, well, because everyone wants to play that in high school, so the numbers are there. He's mentioned LB as a position we didn't recruit heavily enough in the first few years, we red-shirted several this year, hopefully they can play a little.

The o-line problem comes from having to play guys too early, and not getting to redshirt them, this past class, and the incoming class will, hopefully it helps.

Please explain to me how this years Oline issues have anything to do with inability to redshirt.  Most teams play the same five guys on the line and don't sub much.  If you recruit 3-5 olinemen a year that is 12-15 over a four year period.  Hit on just 50% of those and at minimum you have six linemen that should be able to adequately fill starting roles. Barring major injury issues, which we did not have this year, the Oline talent should be fine.

lefty08

Quote from: hawgon on January 02, 2017, 08:29:56 am
As usual you miss the point.  In defending an assistant coach and by extension himself, he completely threw the current players under the bus which is bound to stir up resentment among them.

A real coach who actually thinks about what he says before he says it could have accomplished the same thing thusly, "We are really thin on the Oline.  The guys we have up there now are doing a really good job but they get tired and we need to get them some help."

There have been 200 threads on here started by fans saying the same thing, he's not wrong
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

hawgon

Quote from: lefty08 on January 02, 2017, 09:33:26 am
There have been 200 threads on here started by fans saying the same thing, he's not wrong

He isn't wrong but you don't get the best out of a guy by telling the world that he sucks and that you are going to get someone better in there to take his place as soon as you can recruit him.

Imagine if Jeff Long said, "We're not good in the coaching department right now.  I've got to do a better job of hiring coaches so that we can get someone in there who can do a good job."  He would be absolutely right in most respects but every coach on campus would be justified in walking in and handing in his resignation the next morning if he actually said that.

ricepig

Quote from: Bret Squealema on January 02, 2017, 09:32:48 am
Please explain to me how this years Oline issues have anything to do with inability to redshirt.  Most teams play the same five guys on the line and don't sub much.  If you recruit 3-5 olinemen a year that is 12-15 over a four year period.  Hit on just 50% of those and at minimum you have six linemen that should be able to adequately fill starting roles. Barring major injury issues, which we did not have this year, the Oline talent should be fine.

You don't think it would have been better to have redshirted Kirkland, Skipper, and Ragnow? Throwing guys out there as freshmen in the o-line is seldom good. Sure, there are 5* that are ready, but most good lines are built on depth. I'll leave the reasons on building depth to FAN and Musk, but we need more than 6 OL.

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on January 02, 2017, 09:40:32 am
He isn't wrong but you don't get the best out of a guy by telling the world that he sucks and that you are going to get someone better in there to take his place as soon as you can recruit him.

Imagine if Jeff Long said, "We're not good in the coaching department right now.  I've got to do a better job of hiring coaches so that we can get someone in there who can do a good job."  He would be absolutely right in most respects but every coach on campus would be justified in walking in and handing in his resignation the next morning if he actually said that.

I would have thought you would have been all for competition amongst the ranks, putting the pressure on those to perform. I guess you never post on any of that.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 09:50:55 am
I would have thought you would have been all for competition amongst the ranks, putting the pressure on those to perform. I guess you never post on any of that.

I'm absolutely for that but only an idiot thinks you get that by telling the world that your players are terrible.  When you do that, people quit.

Tell me what Bear Bryant said about coaching.

tusksincolorado

Drama Queens...

We will have the typical end of the year changes because of disappointments of the past season...

We HAVE NOT experienced this past season any of the following:

1) A HC that supported the re-election of a racist...
2) A HC that refused to change long term staff members and disregarded direct orders...
3) A HC that lost to a prep school military academy...
4) A HC that absolutely did not want to be here is the first place, but his ego wanted him to play in the SEC against Alabama...
5) A HC who thought he was bigger than the program that he was bullet proof from his lying, backstabbing, woman chasing ways, and texting...
6) A HC that just could not keep it in his pants when it came to college age girls...
7) A HC that could not remember that he was the HC of the University of Arkansas...

We will have  staff changes and no extension in 2017...but absolutely no HC changes.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

parallaxpig

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 02, 2017, 08:54:00 am

Well actually after coach B it would be golden boy Sam Pittman's fault..........
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 02, 2017, 10:09:42 am
Well actually after coach B it would be golden boy Sam Pittman's fault..........

Why, he was too busy being the designated driver to recruit, haven't you heard?

26.2Hog

Quote from: hawgon on January 02, 2017, 10:06:44 am
I'm absolutely for that but only an idiot thinks you get that by telling the world that your players are terrible.  When you do that, people quit.

Tell me what Bear Bryant said about coaching.

"Find your own picture, your own self in anything that goes bad. It's awfully easy to mouth off at your staff or chew out players, but if it's bad, and you're the head coach, you're responsible. If we have an intercepted pass, I threw it. I'm the head coach. If we get a punt blocked, I caused it. A bad practice, a bad game, it's up to the head coach to assume his responsibility."
-- Bear Bryant

lakecityhog

Guys,
Let's just say that 3 maybe even 4 guys leave--- M Smith- Lunney- Enos and Rhodes stay--- who does he hire?
I have a hard time believing that he can get lucky like he did with Enos and Rhodes-2 ex-head coaches.
Will he do like Auburn, ATM, Georgia and Alabama and try to poach the absolute best DC that he can find? Will he try to steal a great LB coach? Will he offer an Asst HC job to a great DL coach?

Or, does he come in with some guys that only their families know? That is my fear. I have nothing against any assistant coach on staff, but IF we replace one why not replace him with the best guy out there?

Tell JL "I am going to hire the best I can get so get ready to open the check book." Call Chavis and see if he is ready to get away from Sumlin. Call Diaco and see he if wants the challenge of the SEC.

Sir Oinksalot

Rearranging deck furniture on the Titanic.

Coach B. can get blasted every night and be hungover as hell every game day and in two years get fired
and walk away with2X$4 plus $12 = $20 million .... Why should he work hard at all ?

I say get the checkbook away from Jeffrey.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Pig In The City

If CBB doesn't make changes, he plans to leave after next year. At some point he will want to bail off to save his career. He can say he helped build up the program but with his new child he has new priorities. Watch!

lakecityhog

I just can't see him walking away from $4 mil a year. Just think basically 2 more years practically guaranteed  at that same rate. In 6 years that would be $24 MILLION less taxes and agent fees so let's say he got 1/3 or $8 MILLION!!

If the man made any kind of reasonable investments he could retire or take any kind of lesser job and be on easy street.

tusksincolorado

I believe that CBB may have a very HIGH MAINTENANCE SPOUSE....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

hawgon

Quote from: tusksincolorado on January 02, 2017, 09:53:31 pm

I believe that CBB may have a very HIGH MAINTENANCE SPOUSE....

She does strike me as the type who probably starts calling him at 4:30 and nagging him to come home. 

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on January 02, 2017, 10:15:02 am
Why, he was too busy being the designated driver to recruit, haven't you heard?

Nah he was the number one drinking buddy. They had there own personal taxi I'm sure.

duckman

Going after his pregnant wife, wow, stay classy....  How bout you continue talking about his coaching merits?  SMH

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Hawg Life

HUNGLOWHOG