Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alex Collins Hits His Stride at the Right Time

Started by threeNout, December 27, 2016, 09:22:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

threeNout

Looks like he'll be a prime contributor in the season finale, and based upon how well he does, perhaps play a significant role in Seattle's playoff run.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/26/head-coach-pete-carroll-running-back-thomas-rawls-i-think-he-will-end-going-seahawks

QuoteWhen Rawls went out of the lineup against Arizona, rookie Alex Collins saw his most significant playing time of the season. Collins, the team's 2016 fifth-round draft pick out of Arkansas, carried seven times for 28 yards (4.0-yard average) and caught all four of his targets for an additional 19 yards.

"Alex did very well," said Carroll. "He really jumped out there, ran the ball well, caught the ball well, picked up a couple pressures and he did a nice job. That was really his best showing and it was great to see it. We have no problem running with Alex and giving him the football. He did fine."

Carroll said Collins has become more confident in recent weeks, and it showed against the Cardinals.

"I think his confidence is gaining in what's going on up front and seeing things," Carroll said. "He was very aggressive, looked tough running the football, and very much in the style that we saw him when we went after him, so it was great to see that.

"He hasn't had that many opportunities, hasn't had enough consistency in his opps, which running backs really need to show who they are. So we'll see here down the stretch. We have no hesitation of putting him in the game.

hogsevenseven

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: threeNout on December 27, 2016, 09:22:56 pm
Looks like he'll be a prime contributor in the season finale, and based upon how well he does, perhaps play a significant role in Seattle's playoff run.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/26/head-coach-pete-carroll-running-back-thomas-rawls-i-think-he-will-end-going-seahawks
Nice.
Hope he can stick around the NFL for four years, at least. That's how long you have to be on a roster to get the NFL pension.

Interesting, I think that played into Matt Jones's decision to retire. He had problems personally, got cut by Jacksonvlle, then tried out with Cincinatti, yes. But he didn't really try to continue after that. I think it's because he already had his pension locked up. This would play along with the crowd who always thought Jones wasn't terribly motivated anyway. (I don't really buy fully into that, but some do)

Hardcore Hoggy

I have Collins on my Madden team. he's my starter. Total beast by year 3.

threeNout

Alex was in at crunch time yesterday, in what proved to be an important win.

he had 7 carries for 55 yards, all in the 2nd half.  The rest of the team combined had 32 yards on 18 carries for the whole game.

so Alex avg. 7.8 ypc, everyone else 1.8ypc.

Their first playoff game is hosting Detroit next Saturday at 7:30 on NBC

go get 'em Alex!

JoeyCapital

Quote from: threeNout on January 02, 2017, 05:48:46 am
Alex was in at crunch time yesterday, in what proved to be an important win.

he had 7 carries for 55 yards, all in the 2nd half.  The rest of the team combined had 32 yards on 18 carries for the whole game.

so Alex avg. 7.8 ypc, everyone else 1.8ypc.

Their first playoff game is hosting Detroit next Saturday at 7:30 on NBC

go get 'em Alex!
Fire the oline coach!!
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hudge

I'm glad to see Collins starting to come along for the Seahawks.  Since moving to Alaska in 2011, I've started following the Seahawks and even won a trip to the Seahawks vs. 49ers last November form my son's high school football team here in AK.  I'm hoping by year 3 as well, that Collins is getting plenty of reps and competes for the starting position against Rawls.  Glad to see a former Razorback on a team in the NFL I half way like, but the Redskins will always be my number one NFL team!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

McGloin

ricepig

Quote from: McGloin on January 15, 2017, 08:35:56 am
Did AC even play yesterday?  Is he injured?

He played, had a few carries, caught a pass, too.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 08:38:58 am
He played, had a few carries, caught a pass, too.

2 carries for 14 yds. & 2 catches for 17 yds.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

a0ashle

bulldog04

He played a lot toward the end when Seattle was in passing mode.  RW looked his direction a lot and threw a deep interception AC's way while he was scrambling.  AC chipped the defensive ends a ton and did a good job.  They obviously trust AC pass blocking more than Rawls.

3kgthog

Looked to me like Seattle gave up on the run and expected Wilson to win it by himself.

RBs only got 15 carries and Wilson was the leading rusher with 49 yards. That won't win many games. Too bad AC didn't get a few more chances to grind it out yesterday.

ricepig

Quote from: a0ashle on January 15, 2017, 10:15:02 am
He played a lot in passing situations too.

Well, Mckissic played a lot in passing situations too, between being #30 and having dreads, it was hard to discern between them at times, or maybe it was the beer.....

Arthur pigby sellers.

Man I cringed when AC dropped that pass in the second half. I'm glad he caught one later and partially redeemed himself.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2017, 10:30:00 am
Well, Mckissic played a lot in passing situations too, between being #30 and having dreads, it was hard to discern between them at times, or maybe it was the beer.....
Funny I thought Mckissic was still with the Falcons, I was definitely shocked when I saw him get a carry that like you I thought it was AC ;D

alohawg

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on January 15, 2017, 10:33:54 am
Man I cringed when AC dropped that pass in the second half. I'm glad he caught one later and partially redeemed himself.

I did too, but in fairness it was far from an easy catch.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

hawgdavis

Not to jump too far side ways but Devin Hester looked like he was in his prime, dude was scary on returns

alohawg

Quote from: hawgdavis on January 15, 2017, 01:45:45 pm
Not to jump too far side ways but Devin Hester looked like he was in his prime, dude was scary on returns

He came to play, no doubt. I thought that call that negated his big return was ticky tack and could have easily not been called. Would the results have been different if Seattle goes up 10 there?
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

DeltaBoy

Pete gave up on the run instead of feeding AC the rock.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.