Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Campbell

Started by TX HOG, October 14, 2017, 07:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LRHawg

Don't think we'll have a shot, but man, he can coach.

RebelliousHog

I St in the kneel formation against TCU
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Wildhog

ISU bowl eligible through 8 games.  Insane.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 28, 2017, 05:53:46 pm
Wow.  That's the Kenny Hill we all know and love.  I'm glad TCU got taken down.  They were severely overrated.

Yep. They weren't winning a ch with Hill.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HiggiePiggy

Whoever gets Campbell is going to have a great coach.  I really wish it would be us. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

ricepig

That's the Kenny Hill we've all come to know.

Tusks

ISU football players getting laid tonight !!!!!!
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RebelliousHog

Kenny Hill has 3 critical turnovers in the 4th quarter that cost them the game.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Tusks

Man I remember when RRS would celebrate like that.

Wildhog

Think they said ISU's the first team to beat two top ten teams since 2011.
1909/1964/1965/1977

mboot

What is his graduation rate?

HiggiePiggy

Wildhog

Out of the last four recruiting classes for ISU, they finished 6th/7th/last/last in the Big 12-2.
1909/1964/1965/1977

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on October 28, 2017, 05:58:36 pm
Lol

Well, that could be a huge problem for us; you know the academics and all taking precedence over winning. Don't let us not even being a member of the AAU get in the way.
Winning is overrated, and our AD will remind us again soon. He's worried that our fan base wants to be the next SMU.

mboot

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2017, 06:02:05 pm
Out of the last four recruiting classes for ISU, they finished 6th/7th/last/last in the Big 12-2.

Yep but Campbell can coach. I remember how he threw to his backs against our slow linebackers over and over.

Wildhog

Quote from: mboot on October 28, 2017, 06:03:21 pm
Yep but Campbell can coach. I remember how he through to his backs against our slow linebackers over and over.

That's my point.  It's insane what he's getting out of those classes.
1909/1964/1965/1977

mboot

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2017, 06:04:36 pm
That's my point.  It's insane what he's getting out of those classes.

I couldn't agree more with your point. It would be great to have someone that can coach, scheme, adjust, and attack the opponents weaknesses again.

GoldCoastHog

What?! That can't be accurate!! You mean they're winning without " enough horses.."?

It's a proven fact that if you don't sign consistent top twenty classes you cannot compete , period.

Tusks

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on October 28, 2017, 06:07:28 pm
What?! That can't be accurate!! You mean they're winning without " enough horses.."?

It's a proven fact that if you don't sign consistent top twenty classes you cannot compete , period.

Yep HV bible says Jimmy's and Joe's over the X's & O's.

Wildhog

In Big 12 recruiting rankings, Iowa State finished last, last, 9th, last in the four years prior to Campbell's arrival.  His first class, the 2016 class, ranked 7th in the Big 12.  The 2017 class ranked 6th in the Big 12.  So he's also dramatically improved their recruiting.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2017, 06:15:04 pm
In Big 12 recruiting rankings, Iowa State finished last, last, 9th, last in the four years prior to Campbell's arrival.  His first class, the 2016 class, finished ranked 7th in the Big 12.  The 2017 class ranked 6th in the Big 12.  So he's also dramatically improved their recruiting.

The next Urban Meyer?  But less of an a hole
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rhames

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2017, 06:15:04 pm
In Big 12 recruiting rankings, Iowa State finished last, last, 9th, last in the four years prior to Campbell's arrival.  His first class, the 2016 class, ranked 7th in the Big 12.  The 2017 class ranked 6th in the Big 12.  So he's also dramatically improved their recruiting.

He would kill it here.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Bacons Rebellion

Unfortunately, it might be that the more he wins, it less likely it is we can get him.

Tusks

To bad the Hogs don't have an AD that can sell a coach on the potential of the UA.

arsuperhog

I don't understand the love affair with this guy.  I know he whooped us at Toledo, but let him prove he can sustain it at Iowa State.  A few upsets don't make him the second coming of bear bryant. He has no experience outside the Midwest.  The sec is a totally different animal and needs a coach who has experienced it as either a position coach or ccoordinator

jgphillips3

Shhhhh...

Calling All Hogs

We should have hired him the night he beat us at Toledo.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: arsuperhog on October 28, 2017, 07:07:17 pm
I don't understand the love affair with this guy.  I know he whooped us at Toledo, but let him prove he can sustain it at Iowa State.  A few upsets don't make him the second coming of bear bryant. He has no experience outside the Midwest.  The sec is a totally different animal and needs a coach who has experienced it as either a position coach or ccoordinator

Not necessarily.

arsuperhog

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 28, 2017, 07:13:51 pm
Not necessarily.
Bielema was an established coach, who had no experience outside the Midwest.  He didn't understand what it took to win in this conference, and we are paying for it.  He don't understand the speed and athleticism and strength put out there every week until you've seen it first hand

HiggiePiggy

We won't have to worry. He will be at another school next year and it won't be us.  Sometimes you can watch a coach and see if they will be good by how they take over a program that sucks and turn it around. Most of the ones that do that are able to win anywhere.  But like I said we won't be worrying about that because we are Arkansas and probably will end up giving Bielema another year. 

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: arsuperhog on October 28, 2017, 07:19:37 pm
Bielema was an established coach, who had no experience outside the Midwest.  He didn't understand what it took to win in this conference, and we are paying for it.  He don't understand the speed and athleticism and strength put out there every week until you've seen it first hand

There have been coaches not from the SEC that have come in and had success and failure. Bielema just happens to be one that was a failure.

David†

I can name 3 head coaches that never coached in the SEC and won national championships as SEC head coaches.

arsuperhog

Quote from: David† on October 28, 2017, 07:24:30 pm
I can name 3 head coaches that never coached in the SEC and won national championships as SEC head coaches.
I would bet they had experience in more than just one state or conference, though. Prior to being hired at Iowa State, Campbell had only coached in Ohio. While I agree he has done a great job as a head coach in his career, I don't think with this limited experience that it's a guarantee he'll have success here

HiggiePiggy

5 years in Toledo and 2 years at Iowa State.  7 years coaching so far. 

David†

Quote from: arsuperhog on October 28, 2017, 08:01:55 pm
I would bet they had experience in more than just one state or conference, though. Prior to being hired at Iowa State, Campbell had only coached in Ohio. While I agree he has done a great job as a head coach in his career, I don't think with this limited experience that it's a guarantee he'll have success here

Sure they had experience, but that's not what you said. You said specifically SEC experience.

HiggiePiggy

Did you know Saban came from Toledo also?  Went to Michigan State. Turned them around then went to LSU where he won his first NC.

Urban Meyer was at bowling green for 2 years then Utah before they became a P5 program and then went to Florida where he won his First NC. 

All the talk of they need to have have sec experience is a joke.  They need to know how to build a program.  If a coach can go to a crappy school and win there he will be able to do it anywhere. 

hog47

As I recall his Toledo team beat us and his ISU teams are beating ranked teams ISU has never beaten before. So, I think he would be a good fit.

Piggfoot

I hate to burst you guys bubbles but the way we've played the last several years and considering who we play, I suspect he would want at least 4mil with a 5 year contract. Maybe that won't pull him here. He may think he's got a pretty good gig right now.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hogdomer

You guys do know that Campbell's buyout is nine million dollars?  He won't be here next year, and he probably won't be anywhere else either.

PORKULATOR

Bump
Started and kept Alive by sour people, how sour, oh I can show you
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

TX HOG

Matt Campbell has built programs and won at said programs.  He's good....

Justagp

Quote from: Hogdomer on October 28, 2017, 09:05:00 pm
You guys do know that Campbell's buyout is nine million dollars?  He won't be here next year, and he probably won't be anywhere else either.
We can dream  :)

texas tush hog

Quote from: Hogdomer on October 28, 2017, 09:05:00 pm

Tennessee doesn't care about that, they want him and money is no object, they have 102,485 seats to fill.

Grunt

Quote from: mboot on October 28, 2017, 06:03:21 pm
Yep but Campbell can coach. I remember how he threw to his backs against our slow linebackers over and over.
That's what I'm sayin'. Make him an offer early - he'll take it.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Grunt

Quote from: Wildhog on October 28, 2017, 05:55:55 pm
Think they said ISU’s the first team to beat two top ten teams since 2011.
Top five.

Grunt

Not saying there's no risk involved but you don't buy a good stock at it's apex. You have to anticipate early based on potential. The time to get this guy is now.

ipigsooie

I think he would be an awesome hire. A coup in fact. But he will be THE most sought after coach in college football this season. If he leaves ISU, it will probably not be for arkansas. He has no ties to the area, any p5 job can pay as much if not more than us, and it just doesnt make a lot of sense for him to come here.

Grunt

Quote from: ipigsooie on October 31, 2017, 10:42:45 am
I think he would be an awesome hire. A coup in fact. But he will be THE most sought after coach in college football this season. If he leaves ISU, it will probably not be for arkansas. He has no ties to the area, any p5 job can pay as much if not more than us, and it just doesnt make a lot of sense for him to come here.
$

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 28, 2017, 07:13:29 pm
We should have hired him the night he beat us at Toledo.
That was the game I let go of the rope on this head coach. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hogsanity

The love affair is not love, it is lust. There are people here who check the score board every Sat night, and whichever team pulled the biggest upset or scored the most points, they start posting how that guy should be the next coach. Notice the love affair with Leach cooled quickly after he got turned into roadkill twice in 3 weeks.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE