Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maureese wren

Started by Tsarcasm, July 31, 2017, 02:52:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsarcasm

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

The real Hogules

Are we recruiting Wren to play DB, WR, or as an athlete?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ricepig

Steef

Kid has an offer from Air Force.

No small thing.

31to6

Quote from: Steef on July 31, 2017, 03:16:15 pm
Kid has an offer from Air Force.

No small thing.
Also UW. I've put more weight on their offers since Chris Petersen took over. He has always had an amazing eye for finding under-rated athletes that can be developed.

Steef

Quote from: 31to6 on July 31, 2017, 03:49:15 pm
Also UW. I've put more weight on their offers since Chris Petersen took over. He has always had an amazing eye for finding under-rated athletes that can be developed.

Nice point.

But you're talking athletic ability. I'm talking character.

Sounds like this kid has both.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Bubba's Bruisers

Would be a real nice pickup.  Another quality talent likely to be RS'd.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

31to6

Quote from: Steef on July 31, 2017, 04:00:04 pm
Nice point.

But you're talking athletic ability. I'm talking character.

Sounds like this kid has both.
I picked that up too. It's hard to *really* develop a kid who doesn't have character.

jackflash

we can't afford to miss out on this recruit. I don't think.

Tusks

Quote from: jackflash on August 01, 2017, 01:12:42 am
we can't afford to miss out on this recruit. I don't think.

The Hogs really need 8 LB's to percolate to the top in this new 3-4.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RazorPiggie

This forum is dead. We have a kid making a commitment today and no one knows anything other than what the CB says on 24/7. Sad Sad days for the Forum.

Peter Porker

Ever since the wholehog pay window it's been like that. We need to embrace SEC Country and bring their recruiting guy on here. His stuff is free.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

LRHawg

Been trying to find an announcement time and place online but everything is behind a damn paywall.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Peter Porker on August 01, 2017, 09:33:45 am
Ever since the wholehog pay window it's been like that. We need to embrace SEC Country and bring their recruiting guy on here. His stuff is free.

What time is he announcing?

King Kong

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 01, 2017, 09:17:54 am
This forum is dead. We have a kid making a commitment today and no one knows anything other than what the CB says on 24/7. Sad Sad days for the Forum.

He is announcing Wednesday

LRHawg

Anyone find the time/location?

Tusks

Yes yes yes.

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on August 01, 2017, 09:55:17 am
He is announcing Wednesday

Yeah, I had wondered if I had overslept and missed the 1st........

Deep Shoat

Here, you want info?

Wren has been a Hog commit since the first day of his visit here.  But he wanted his free trip to Colorado. 

Just like you want free info.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Tusks

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 01, 2017, 11:48:24 am
Here, you want info?

Wren has been a Hog commit since the first day of his visit here.  But he wanted his free trip to Colorado. 

Anger much?

King Kong

Here, you want info?

It was an unofficial so it couldn't have been free

ricepig

Here, you want info?

Free trip??

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Tusks

Welp anybody heard anything.  The interwebs are silent.

RazorPiggie

Here, you want info?

Lol. Thanks for that insight slappy.

King Kong

Quote from: tusked on August 01, 2017, 12:27:35 pm

Welp anybody heard anything.  The interwebs are silent.

Yeah, still announcing tomorrow

Tusks

Quote from: King Kong on August 01, 2017, 12:36:15 pm
Yeah, still announcing tomorrow

Gebus I thought today was Wed.

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, I think I'll lose a few pounds.

Seebs

Just read on all major recruiting sites that Wren hits 'with the pompitous of love'. Sounds impressive.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

VirginiaHog

I still read all of Richards stuff for free. No sign up or anything.

Peter Porker

Here, you want info?

Unofficial visits aren't free and I assume it was an unofficial visit.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

sage_dragoon

Quote from: VirginiaHog on August 01, 2017, 03:25:58 pm

If you use chrome on your phone just go to setting>site settings>cookies and change it to blockef and you don't have fill out wholehog survey etc...just turn back on for videos like YouTube
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

King Kong

Quote from: VirginiaHog on August 01, 2017, 03:25:58 pm

You can't read his insider message board posts

HardingHog

Announcement is at 8:30pm per Danny West's twitter account
https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/892590212341260288

Hope this one goes our way! Wren looks like he'd be a great athlete to add to our new 3-4 defense

Pig Power

Sure hope we land this kid.

AugustaHog

Our recruiting guys seem to be active on reporting times and seem to be covering this announcement more than they were with Geathers and Strickland.  I hope we land him and close the book on OLB for the class.

Hog in Iowa

I once played Boys Club baseball for the Jones Elementary School Wrens in Hot Springs many, many years ago.  Coincidence?  I think not!  I think M. Wren becoming a Hog has been destined.  Go Hogs!
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hog in Iowa on August 02, 2017, 12:04:23 pm
I once played Boys Club baseball for the Jones Elementary School Wrens in Hot Springs many, many years ago.  Coincidence?  I think not!  I think M. Wren becoming a Hog has been destined.  Go Hogs!
Oh my, an alum of dear ole Jones Elementary. Not sure anyone else was around that went that far back. ;) 8)

parallaxpig

Quote from: Pig Power on August 02, 2017, 09:05:05 am
Sure hope we land this kid.

Currently 13/13    247 crystal balls. HOGS baby!!!!
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Deep Shoat

Honestly, it's a poorly kept secret that he's a Hog.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 02, 2017, 02:09:22 pm
Well as we've often been reminded-one can never truly know for sure until he both announces and signs. Here's obviously hoping the first step is taken tonight.

Pig in the Pokey

Man, I agree with that.

I am looking forward to this commit. In fact , this is SUCH an important pick-up that I have already placed him into the 'certain to be a Hog' category in my mind. I didnt do it on purpose, I just cant imagine the alternative if we whiff on this guy. We need a PLAYMAKER at OLB in this class in a bad way, and besides Wren, I dont see many others available. I think this kid could be a star.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

parallaxpig

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 02, 2017, 02:09:22 pm

Dang it man, no one called me. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Tusks

He reminds me a little of Jamaal Anderson from LR.  He played WR in HS and came in and was moved to DE and excelled his way into a nice NFL payday.

Wren is a little smaller but more mobile than Anderson hence the OLB move.

HogFoo

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

oldfart