Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Major Applewhite

Started by ac360, September 11, 2017, 09:48:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ac360

Thoughts on this up and coming young coach? Currently HC at University of Houston

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

hobhog

When people start mentioning Longhorns to coach the Razorbacks you know the meltdown is complete.

go hogues

Who's the coach at North Dakota State? That's who we need. A guy that knows how to recruit overlooked kids to come to the ends of the earth to play hard and sound.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Elvis P Hogg

Quote from: go hogues on September 11, 2017, 10:06:29 pm
Who's the coach at North Dakota State? That's who we need. A guy that knows how to recruit overlooked kids to come to the ends of the earth to play hard and sound.

Agree with the logic ...

Hog N Bama

Quote from: hobhog on September 11, 2017, 09:57:08 pm
When people start mentioning Longhorns to coach the Razorbacks you know the meltdown is complete.
LMAO!

3kgthog

If we're gonna go full retard, just go with Dowell Loggains. It's his dream to be the head Hog someday and most little men have a chip on their shoulder. It could be a good thing (and cheap).

HoggyCat

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 12, 2017, 07:36:25 am
If we're gonna go full retard, just go with Dowell Loggains. It's his dream to be the head Hog someday and most little men have a chip on their shoulder. It could be a good thing (and cheap).

I thought you were gonna say someone else.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

DeltaBoy

The Guy at NDS seems to be able to recruit well up in that god forsaken place.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DuffMcHog

I thought Applewhite was future star coach years ago. With his recruiting ability in Texas, seemed logical. But, not sure what he's done since.
Restore the Razorback Pride! WPS and GHG.

DuffMcHog

My choices would be Brett Venablea or Justin Fuentes.
Restore the Razorback Pride! WPS and GHG.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 12, 2017, 07:36:25 am
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

al_pigcino

There's no way he could recruit the speed he has at North Dakota State to Arkansas.  ???

texas tush hog

Quote from: ac360 on September 11, 2017, 09:48:06 pm
Thoughts on this up and coming young coach? Currently HC at University of Houston

I mentioned his name in another thread, brilliant football mind, will be the hot coach on everybody's board in a few years, but by then it will probably be too late. As far as us hiring a Longhorn, I'm sure a lot of Arkansas people were appalled by a Georgia Tech former QB hired to coach the Hogs in 1958. How about a former Sooner QB to coach the teasips in 1957. Broyles and Royal did not turn out that bad,huh.

NuttinItUp

Major Applewhite will get snatched up by some bit team looking for a new coach if they keep winning at Houston.

Razorbackers

J-Five

I want James Franklin...He succeeded at Vanderbilt (very difficult to do), he has Penn St. very competitive, and he's a great recruiter.  I know it would take a lot of $$$, and he probably wouldn't leave a historical program, but I can wish.
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

RazorPiggie

Quote from: J-Five on September 12, 2017, 11:16:20 am
I want James Franklin...He succeeded at Vanderbilt (very difficult to do), he has Penn St. very competitive, and he's a great recruiter.  I know it would take a lot of $$$, and he probably wouldn't leave a historical program, but I can wish.

ZERO percent chance he leaves PSU unless its the NFL.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: DuffMcHog on September 12, 2017, 08:48:07 am
My choices would be Brett Venablea or Justin Fuentes.

Fuentes isn't leaving VaTech. From everything I've heard, he loves it out here and is building a decent team.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

texas tush hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 12, 2017, 11:09:57 am
Major Applewhite will get snatched up by some bit team looking for a new coach if they keep winning at Houston.

Yes, and we will sit around with our thumb up our derriere wondering where the yellow went. He probably would not demand a whole lot in 2018, but the price will be going up quickly. Everybody watch this kid.

lahawg1

http://www.gobison.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1117&path=football

johnny cash

Quote from: hobhog on September 11, 2017, 09:57:08 pm