Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Places for offroading in Arkansas?

Started by cosmodrum, October 19, 2010, 03:34:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmodrum

Hey there fellas and fellettes,

I just ordered some new mud tires and was looking for some places where a guy like myself could take my truck (05 Tacoma 4x4) and have a little fun, maybe even a place that has some decent fishing. Why ask the tavern, you might ask? Hell, I don't know.

New tires:

Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

cosmodrum

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 19, 2010, 03:36:34 pm
Holla Bend WMA?

Thanks, I think I'll check that out; I've always heard about it. Although, I'm really looking for some trails and such - not sure Holla bend has that. Or does it?
Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

I'm not sure. It's south and east of Dardanelle bordering the Ark River.  Google earth it.  I don't know what restrictions they have on four wheelin' - You might get better advice in the hunting forum.

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

freethrow

Hwy 124 between Rosebud and Quitman. The road is essentially gone.

PonderinHog

Northeast of Dover, Ozark National Forest - Illinois River Bayou for fishing,  Fire trails for off-roading.  See if you can find the Rock-Hole Speedway :)

cosmodrum

Quote from: The Marmot on October 19, 2010, 03:53:32 pm
Cass/White Rock area.

Call the Turner Bend Store or Byrds.

http://www.byrdsadventurecenter.com/

http://www.turnerbend.com/index.html

Thanks, Marmot. I will say I'm a complete novice and am really just looking for something that won't destroy my truck. The vids on the Byrds site were all crazy modified jeeps with 12"+ lifts. I'm talking about taking my everyday vehicle.

Go away, batin'

AUSTXHOG

Cosmo...just keep in mind deer muzzleloader season is still open in parts of the state.  I'd hope noone shoots at you fer chasin off bambi.  Between Oct 25-Nov 5, I think there should be no high powered guns in the woods.

EDIT - The above statement really only applies to private/leased lands.  If you are going public, you should be safe.

neeko501

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 19, 2010, 04:12:37 pm
Thanks, Marmot. I will say I'm a complete novice and am really just looking for something that won't destroy my truck. The vids on the Byrds site were all crazy modified jeeps with 12"+ lifts. I'm talking about taking my everyday vehicle.

oh boy...here we go...i can here the short one now..."first the back window, now the we have to replace the front end"....oh well...f it...im in, where are we goin?

cosmodrum

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on October 19, 2010, 04:27:24 pm
Cosmo...just keep in mind deer muzzleloader season is still open in parts of the state.  I'd hope noone shoots at you fer chasin off bambi.  Between Oct 25-Nov 5, I think there should be no high powered guns in the woods.

EDIT - The above statement really only applies to private/leased lands.  If you are going public, you should be safe.

Yeah, I plan to keep it public. I don't need to get Dick Cheney-ed. Thanks, bro.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: neeko501 on October 19, 2010, 04:36:39 pm
oh boy...here we go...i can here the short one now..."first the back window, now the we have to replace the front end"....oh well...f it...im in, where are we goin?

Well, whistlebritches, since you live in Springdale now, why don't you research the Ozarks for me and see what you can come up with. You down for some camping/drinking/mudding/drinking?
Go away, batin'

neeko501

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 19, 2010, 05:18:32 pm
Well, whistlebritches, since you live in Springdale now, why don't you research the Ozarks for me and see what you can come up with. You down for some camping/drinking/mudding/drinking?
what about drinks?...we need that too right?

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

neeko501

how bout we skip the broken axles and go straight to the beer...

cosmodrum

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 19, 2010, 04:07:18 pm
Northeast of Dover, Ozark National Forest - Illinois River Bayou for fishing,  Fire trails for off-roading.  See if you can find the Rock-Hole Speedway :)

sorry missed this, might have to check it out. Preesh.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: neeko501 on October 19, 2010, 07:16:20 pm
how bout we skip the broken axles and go straight to the beer...

I'm talking a little offroad and goodtimes. I'm not grttiv into rock garden n chit.

Ur mom goes to college.
Go away, batin'

The Marmot

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 19, 2010, 04:12:37 pm

There are many trails down in that area. I'd just call them and tell what you're looking for.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

cosmodrum

Quote from: The Marmot on October 20, 2010, 07:44:39 am
There are many trails down in that area. I'd just call them and tell what you're looking for.

Cool, thanks
Go away, batin'

PonderinHog

Quote from: 15forheisman on October 20, 2010, 08:39:29 am
+1.  also hwy 124 between center ridge and cleveland.  local beer store on either end of it. . . . . .
perfect :)

neeko501

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 19, 2010, 07:58:00 pm
I'm talking a little offroad and goodtimes. I'm not grttiv into rock garden n chit.

Ur mom goes to college.
hey tell your mom to save me a plate...i'll be home a little late tonight...

and lemme know when u r ready to go muddin...im down

DeltaBoy

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 19, 2010, 03:34:47 pm
Hey there fellas and fellettes,

I just ordered some new mud tires and was looking for some places where a guy like myself could take my truck (05 Tacoma 4x4) and have a little fun, maybe even a place that has some decent fishing. Why ask the tavern, you might ask? Hell, I don't know.

New tires:

Eastern Arkansas
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cosmodrum

Quote from: neeko501 on October 20, 2010, 11:20:35 am
hey tell your mom to save me a plate...i'll be home a little late tonight...

and lemme know when u r ready to go muddin...im down

Ain't it something that my mom happens to be one of the few hermaphrodites in the area, and one of my buddies happens to have a fetish for them. I'll give shim the message.
Go away, batin'

neeko501

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 20, 2010, 12:53:57 pm
Ain't it something that my mom happens to be one of the few hermaphrodites in the area, and one of my buddies happens to have a fetish for them. I'll give shim the message.

wow.."R" is your buddy?...thought he was your dad...my world is flip turned upside down