Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outside Opinion of Arkansas

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, September 22, 2017, 05:35:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

September 22, 2017, 05:35:27 pm Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:30:34 pm by Boss Hog in the Arkansas
Im will be going to different fan boards to get opinions of Arkansas from across the SEC.
Florida:
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/outside-perspective-on-arkansas.376157/
Bama:
https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289533&highlight=
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

lakecityhog

How many people here give 2 squirts about what people in Florida, Alabama or Mississippi think about Arkansas? Ask me what I think of Florida.

The Hawg Marshal

AirWarren

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 22, 2017, 05:37:24 pm
How many people here give 2 squirts about what people in Florida, Alabama or Mississippi think about Arkansas? Ask me what I think of Florida.

Yet Florida is a prospering state. Good public schools. And has a couple
Sec titles and natty's.

Sure Florida could care less what you think.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: lakecityhog on September 22, 2017, 05:37:24 pm
You've been here 8 years and have only posted 360+ times. Apparently no one cares what YOU think
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

In college sports, outside perception matters a great deal. It impacts rankings, recruiting, and general stabding of your program

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: AP85 on September 22, 2017, 05:57:41 pm
Sec titles and natty's.

+1

phadedhawg

Their remarks are a bit more generous to us that our fan base but that's probably to be expected.

WilsonHog

Let me save you some time.

They refer to us as Pigs and Arky and see us as inbred posters with a crappy football program.

PorkRinds

They seem to like us more than we do.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 22, 2017, 05:35:27 pm
Im will be going to different fan boards to get opinions of Arkansas from across the SEC. 1st up is Florida:
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/outside-perspective-on-arkansas.376157/

Good post. And as expected you are catching flack because outsiders are not as negative as some fans want them to be.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

farmhawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 22, 2017, 06:13:26 pm

They refer to us as Pigs and Arky and see us as inbred posters with a crappy football program.
so they are 50% correct?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HoggyCat

Quote from: AP85 on September 22, 2017, 05:57:41 pm
Sec titles and natty's.

***couldn't
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

RazorbackAlways

Good post, like this guys opinion...I see Bielemasa as High Floor, Low Ceiling. He provided stability when it was desperately needed and a solid product, but I can't see sustainable ascension to the top tier of the SEC.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 22, 2017, 06:21:16 pm
Good post. And as expected you are catching flack because outsiders are not as negative as some fans want them to be.
Honestly, they arent as negative as I'd thought they'd be either

Porkette

Interesting experiment, but I think I would choose a period of time when the Razorbacks are winning a little more.  ;D  People have short memories.
GO HOGS GO!

brandon

Interesting idea and thanks for posting.

JaketheSnake

Their responses were much better than I figured they would be.  I expected more of a "get the ***** off our page you ******** ******** ******** your mother ****** ****** ***** your sister and that mule ****** ****** **** ***** Barbra Streisand *** ********* ****** **** Trump."

They were much more objective that most on here.  Guess their emotions are not tied to it like we are!

Pig in the Pokey

dont forget we are all fat
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Just added a link to a bama fan board where I posed the same question

Jonbo

East Clintwood

What is the general stabding of our program?  Good?  Bad?  Indifferent?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

hogginbama

Living in Bama land now, most see us as a program that had big issues underneath and getting things in the right way. From the outside they feel CBB inherited some deep internal problems that take more than 4-5 yrs to fix. One said Saban was able to right the ship at Bama so quick because he is a once in a generation coach and the players for his type of system were already in place. They have always had high recruiting classes, just needed the right coach. For CBB, they said it will take him longer to build the type of depth needed to play the pro-style that he wants to play and if given time he will get it right.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

greasy_corner

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 22, 2017, 09:32:13 pm
Just added a link to a bama fan board where I posed the same question

Wait, you're posting questions to other sec boards asking what they think about the razorbacks?   

panhandlepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 22, 2017, 07:57:38 pm
dont forget we are all fat

Speak for yourself.  You would be surprised what people think about Arkansas. 

We need to win this ballgame tomorrow. There's alot of fat folks in Texas.  I've seen them.

Hog N Bama

I HATE Florida and I hope Kentucky whips their butts!!

247Hog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 22, 2017, 06:10:24 pm
Their remarks are a bit more generous to us that our fan base but that's probably to be expected.

Agreed. Fans seemed to be much better than i expected.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

GoHogs1091

Probably some of the outside opinion is formed on the basis of the following.

The 1969 game against Texas, and the loss to Texas in that game.

The 1987 game against Miami (FL) and the dismantling of us by Miami in that game.

The 10 years of drama during Nutt's tenure.

The Robert Petrino embarrassing fiasco.

Regarding the above, the Razorback football program has really not recovered from the first two (the 1969 Texas loss and the 1987 dismantling of us by Miami).  Those above first two were crushing events in the history of Razorback football.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: East Clintwood on September 22, 2017, 09:55:33 pm
What is the general stabding of our program?  Good?  Bad?  Indifferent?

Generally speaking, over the past few years, we do tend to bring a knife to a gun fight.  That is what you mean by our stabding right?   :D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogginbama on September 22, 2017, 10:25:02 pm
Living in Bama land now, most see us as a program that had big issues underneath and getting things in the right way. From the outside they feel CBB inherited some deep internal problems that take more than 4-5 yrs to fix. One said Saban was able to right the ship at Bama so quick because he is a once in a generation coach and the players for his type of system were already in place. They have always had high recruiting classes, just needed the right coach. For CBB, they said it will take him longer to build the type of depth needed to play the pro-style that he wants to play and if given time he will get it right.

Just like we all wanted Les Miles to stay at LSU forever, because we felt they were winning despite Les being the head coach....or COURSE they would love to see BB stay! 

What I love is that LSU isn't looking so good, and Orgeron is once again showing he may be the best interim coach in the history of college football, but is also appearing to be a very mediocre HC just like he was at Ole Miss.  I love to see LSU struggle...warms my soul. 

Which reminds me...I think LSU should keep Orgeron for 5 years, because he's going to need some time to get his players in place, and employ his style.  I'm convinced he'll get it turned around in year 6 or 7.   ;)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This is the feedback I received from a Florida fan over the weekend.

I think the Florida loss in Arkansas last year is still Mac's worst coached game in his entire career. Florida had no business losing to that Arkansas team.

They are not very talented, IMO, and if they didn't have a QB who was tough as rocks they'd be on their 4th string QB with the way their OL blocks.

What does it say about our program that a loss to us is the worst of a coaches career?

ChicoHog

September 25, 2017, 12:05:08 pm #32 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:29:55 pm by ChicoHog
Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 25, 2017, 11:57:27 am

I think the Florida loss in Arkansas last year is still Mac's worst coached game in his entire career. Florida had no business losing to that Arkansas team.

They are not very talented, IMO, and if they didn't have a QB who was tough as rocks they'd be on their 4th string QB with the way their OL blocks.

What does it say about our program that a loss to us is the worst of a coaches career?
he may be right but UF was not a very good team last year and still is pretty mediocre in my opinion.  They are two plays away from being 0-3.  I think they still lose at least 4 games this year even in the ugly East division. 

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on September 25, 2017, 11:57:27 am

Your Florida fan is wrong.  Hogs are quite talented.  They are just not very well coached or prepared week to week.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Mo_Better_Hogs

This is pretty interesting. I'll go back and read more of the Alabama board comments. But nothing too surprising.

I like this, from a Florida guy, seems right on--
Arkansas doesn't feel like they are improving. They improved early under Bielema now they just seem stuck in the mud.

I said in another thread that other SEC coaches like Bielema, for all the reasons you'd like someone—nice guy, personable, fun, can talk football. But now, added to that is they like him because they can all beat him. That's why other SEC fans are okay with Arkansas and our program. We don't really scare them anymore.

WoePigSooie

I absolutely did not marry my cousin.  We only dated.

As for the football program, it is what it is.  Still watch every game I can, just cringe more lately.

rtr

This^^^.  Part of our problem is we worry to much what others think.  Do you think Bama cares what Florida thinks of them?  Really?
The more smites the more intelligent I get.