Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NEZ Club Seats

Started by GTOWNHOG, September 20, 2017, 04:09:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: tasteslikechicken on September 21, 2017, 01:57:03 pm
I wonder if it would be feasible to remove at least some of the bleachers and install chair backs on the East and West sides one day? I sit in the South RedZone about halfway up and while I love the comfort of the chair back seats, I don't really care for watching a game from that angle.

I don't think there is enough room between the rows to put in "chairbacks" as we know them.

hobhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 21, 2017, 02:02:47 pm
I don't think there is enough room between the rows to put in "chairbacks" as we know them.
[/quote
Then at least widen the seat area for each ticket. Butts are bigger these days....!

Im waiting to see what happens with my EOC seats. Said they were going to "readjust" seating priorities in that club. I'm not feeling good about it

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on September 21, 2017, 11:34:25 am
ALL of the current East Outdoor Club season ticket holders that have seats in sections 207 through 211 will LOSE their seats due to the construction of the new suites being added on the East side.  We have been told that we will have priority on selecting seats in the new NEZ Club area.  The only problem is that for this "priority" position, the cost per seat will increase from $750, which is my current cost per seat in the East Outdoor Club, to at least $1,350 per seat if I choose to relocate to the NEZ. In addition, we are required to keep our Razorback Foundation contribution at the same level.   

After 44 consecutive years of purchasing season tickets in either Little Rock, Fayetteville, or both, I will need to make a decision on whether it is worth the $$$$ to watch the Razorbacks in person.  Of course, if I decide to drop the tickets, I will also not have to drive 650 miles round trip.....  ;D
44 years, 54 years, or 64 years, it does not matter. They will eventually screw you and you will either take it and like it or drop your tickets...they do not care. You are just another number. This is asking a lot of a donor and season ticket holder of 44 years. It's a lot of $ annually as well. Has anyone from the RF and/or the U of A called you or at least emailed you personally, not just a form email? My guess is they have not. Treat their clients like you owe them something.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 21, 2017, 12:12:23 pm
My brother in law received the same notice, only stating the ENTIRE EOC will be re-seated prior to 2018 season ... I don't know anything about that area, but it sounds like more than just a couple new suites are going in....
You need to change your name now that Broyles is deceased and Nutt has been out of college football for a good while.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 21, 2017, 02:12:25 pm
44 years, 54 years, or 64 years, it does not matter. They will eventually screw you and you will either take it and like it or drop your tickets...they do not care. You are just another number. This is asking a lot of a donor and season ticket holder of 44 years. It's a lot of $ annually as well. Has anyone from the RF and/or the U of A called you or at least emailed you personally, not just a form email? My guess is they have not. Treat their clients like you owe them something.

I replied to the e-mail that I received from Scott.  He did reply back to me and said that he would like to speak with me to address my concerns.

To be clear, I understand that college football and the gameday experience has changed dramatically since I graduated from Arkansas in 1973.  What I am having trouble with is that Universities (not just Arkansas) are pricing the "regular fan" out of the game day experience.  It's becoming the NFL.

I can afford to continue with relocated seats, but my wife and I CHOSE these particular Outdoor Club seats 17 years ago for several reasons.  We are now in our late 60's, my wife has a bad back and other health issues, so she needs a seat with a padded base and supporting back.  We wanted to be outside to be able to hear the crowd and game noise, but at the same time under cover to protect from rain and sun.  Our current seats offer this.

We may not have these options when we are re-seated.  One other change since 1973 is the fact that ALL Razorback games are now televised.  Viewing on a large screen HDTV has its advantages.  We will just wait an see how this shakes out....
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

GuvHog

Quote from: tasteslikechicken on September 21, 2017, 01:57:03 pm
I wonder if it would be feasible to remove at least some of the bleachers and install chair backs on the East and West sides one day? I sit in the South RedZone about halfway up and while I love the comfort of the chair back seats, I don't really care for watching a game from that angle.

They would have to tear out all of the concrete below the benches on both sides and re-do it because the chair back seats won't fit where the benches are now so I doubt it happens
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 20, 2017, 06:55:29 pm
In the SEZ outdoor club it was an F.

Service was terrible F-..3 burgers two waters and a pepsi $42 bucks and dry and they don't serve fries it was just a burger. It was terrible.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on September 21, 2017, 05:55:23 pm
Service was terrible F-..3 burgers two waters and a pepsi $42 bucks and dry and they don't serve fries it was just a burger. It was terrible.
Sure am glad I was dining on a 6 oz filet off my grill in front of my 70" 4K UltraHD TV and sipping on a 1995 Chateau Gruaud Larose with it. And after, had single malt...Laphroaig 10 yr. And no one walked in front of me.

Hog Pharm

Quote from: 1HourToHogville on September 20, 2017, 09:52:16 pm
Pricing in original post was correct.  $1,500 for center sections and $1,350 for outer sections per seat.  That includes tax deductible portion of $150 per seat as a contribution.

Deposit of $100 per seat (Nonrefundable) guarantees you seat selections.  These are being offered to anybody.  No prior donation or giving needed.  I'm sure first choices of seating selection will be based on priority points.  Indication I got was they expect many new first time buyers but don't expect to have them all reserved come Spring.  That means a person who hasn't donated much may get a good opportunity to buy a great seat. 

if you put the donation down you're guaranteed seats in the NEZ?  So I could drop my donation and be guaranteed seats there?

ricepig

Quote from: Hog Pharm on September 21, 2017, 06:24:28 pm

if you put the donation down you're guaranteed seats in the NEZ?  So I could drop my donation and be guaranteed seats there?

In another name, lol.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 21, 2017, 06:23:37 pm
Sure am glad I was dining on a 6 oz filet off my grill in front of my 70" 4K UltraHD TV and sipping on a 1995 Chateau Gruaud Larose with it. And after, had single malt...Laphroaig 10 yr. And no one walked in front of me.
There are 3-12 other threads you've missed with this line of thinking.

You're slacking.

hobhog

Yep. You're the fan that makes Razorback football great.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 21, 2017, 06:52:09 pm
There are 3-12 other threads you've missed with this line of thinking.

You're slacking.
HiM being HiM, someone will bet him, he'll lose, and slinker off for awhile.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on September 21, 2017, 07:35:01 pm
HiM being HiM, someone will bet him, he'll lose, and slinker off for awhile.
I do not gamble.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 21, 2017, 09:15:21 pm
I do not gamble.
Maybe not with money.  But certainly with honesty.

HawgLife

I live an hour and a half east of Memphis, own a 75" 4K UltraHD TV (which means nothing for broadcast television) and the only home games I've missed since 2001 were due to a semester abroad. In that 17 year span, I've had a whole lotta people walk in front of me and somehow I've managed to enjoy the experience every time.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 21, 2017, 02:16:06 pm
You need to change your name now that Broyles is deceased and Nutt has been out of college football for a good while.

What would you suggest ...

Inhogswetrust

You should have went to the game instead. You would have saved money on the drink. That wine runs about $100 a bottle and is not even that highly rated.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 21, 2017, 10:23:01 pm
Maybe not with money.  But certainly with honesty.
You should write a song.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 22, 2017, 06:45:36 am
You should have went to the game instead. You would have saved money on the drink. That wine runs about $100 a bottle and is not even that highly rated.
It did not cost me $100 when I bought it. Ratings do not matter much. Just like recruiting class rankings. And it is, "You should have GONE to the game..."

Oklahawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 21, 2017, 12:25:06 am
No one walked between me and my 70" Ultra 4K TV. And I didn't have to fight the crowd rushing out of the stadium and drive home after a 28-7 loss at home.

That section of the floor must have been clean as a whistle after four hours of sweeping :)
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 22, 2017, 01:03:01 pm
It did not cost me $100 when I bought it. Ratings do not matter much. Just like recruiting class rankings. And it is, "You should have GONE to the game..."

Thanks Mr English writing King. Also if you didn't pay that much for that wine then you got a good deal. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 23, 2017, 12:57:53 pm
Thanks Mr English writing King. Also if you didn't pay that much for that wine then you got a good deal.
I've had it for almost 20 years. It was cheap then.

It's not writing. It's basic grammar that you learn in elementary school and add to it in junior high. I am 55 and have never heard incorrect use of gone and went like this until about 5 years ago. It is very very common now.