Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How is Stan Heath's job security?

Started by PiggyBack, November 22, 2005, 09:15:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PiggyBack

I've heard some grumblings about the performance of the BB team the past 3 years and was wondering if Heath is on the hot seat.  I hope not.  Heath seems like a classy individual who has presided over steady improvement.  Input?
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

hogfan13

I don't think so ever since he's been here our win total has gone up

2002-9 wins

2003-12 wins

2004-18 wins

JDHogg

He should only start to sweat if:
     1) Houston gets canned, and
     2) the team begins to skid

If he is on the hot seat, and Nutt is still here................prepare for the Nolan/Heat class action suit.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Cresthog

As long as HDN is here...Heath is here.

Heath isnt going anywhere for atleast two years.

PiggyBack

November 22, 2005, 09:20:09 am #4 Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 09:22:48 am by PiggyBack
Is there a double standard on the hill?  Does Dale play under different rules than Heath?  I haven't heard JFB publicly endorse Heath's future at AR the way he did for Dale.

hogfankb

I am with you. Very nervous we could let this guy go after improving every year. Would nutts job be on the line if we were still improving. The main problem is Heath started from scratch. If we aren't in the big dance this year then let the grumblings start.

hoggystyle78

That is absolutely correct, if dale is not fired(and I still think he's done), Heath will not be let go regardless of how many he wins. Could you imagine the fallout on recruiting if another black coach sued for discrimination?, and if JFB keeps dale, HE HAS TO KEEP STAN TOO. That's one BIG reason I still think dale is done regardless of the LSU outcome. JMO
Quote from: Cresthog on November 22, 2005, 09:17:56 am
As long as HDN is here...Heath is here.

Heath isnt going anywhere for atleast two years.

Hog Bounty Hunter

Well I hear after six seasons he will try to leave and have a plain waiting for him at the airport, he will be then get a big raise and two more years to lose more games. 

Seriously, Stan should win about 22-25 games this year and will get to the sweet 16. His security shouuld be fine, as long as he gets Ferguson on the bench that is. ;D

PiggyBack

It's the second game of the regular season and we were VERY competitive with a final four caliber team.  True, I never got the feeling we were going to win, but I was impressed with our team.  When we got it to three and the fans were calling the hogs, I got excited.  I haven't felt that pride in a long time and it was great, even for a short while.

Hog on Tilt

Difference is Nutt has won 2 West championships and Heath has never,NEVER had a winning record in the SEC.  If he doesnt finish top 2 in the west this year he is gone.

Hog on Tilt

And I dont think nutt is a great coach before you start calling me a hugger

Razorback53

I dont think hes on the hot seat first of all he came here with no talent what so ever the starters now were only Freshmans and Sophs. How can you be on the hot seat when your rebuilding...it would be different if you had the talent and still lose...

hogsrule44

He is not going anywhere in a couple of years or even next year we will be in the top 25 and be on our way to the top once again.

sooie dog

Heath should have been fired last year. 

Oliverhogman

WHEN did Nutt WIN 2 SEC West titles?

Hell it took that idiot 14 games to win 9.

Anyone want to bet Heath does not do better than 9-5 starting out?

sooie dog

Quote from: Oliverhogman on November 22, 2005, 10:22:20 am
WHEN did Nutt WIN 2 SEC West titles?

Hell it took that idiot 14 games to win 9.

Anyone want to bet Heath does not do better than 9-5 starting out?

I'll bet you $100 we are not 9-5 in the SEC after the 1st 14 games.

taintlint

I'll take that $100 bet. This team is average with sub par coaching. They will be hard pressed to end the season with 20 wins. I said that LONG LONG before last night. This team sucked just 7 months ago!! Do you mean to tell me that they all of a sudden became better with the same crappy coaching in 7 months?!?!?! They can't shoot, can't beat a zone, and have ZERO chemistry. Brewer is the only shining light. Hill still fouls anything that moves, blah, blah, blah..... Just take your damn blinders off. It's more of the same.

taintlint

hogsrule44

we will not lose to kansas, think postive for a little bit man it will get better, you always so negative.

taintlint

Correction.....I am right, not negative. It's funny how calling a spade a spade is negative around here.

Hog on Tilt

GO 9-5 WITH THAT SCHEDULE WHO COULDNT.  MISSOURI IS ONE OF THE WORST IN THE COUNTRY.  WE WILL PLAY 2 RANKED TEAM IN THAT 14 GAME STRETCH YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.  WE DID THE SAME THING LAST YEAR THEN WE WERE THE WORST TEAM IN THE SEC.  WE NEED MORE BASKETBALL PLAYERS WITH BASKETBALL IQ'S.

PiggyBack

I've heard that JFB is none too pleased with Heath and I think that's a little unfair.  One must wonders if JFB has a different standard for Dale than he has for Heath.

hogfankb

``We were down big in the second half and cut it to three,'' Arkansas coach Stan Heath said. ``We battled and battled and fought and competed. I'm not taking any victory from a loss, but those are mistakes we can correct.''

Sounds good to me.

hoggystyle78

As long as nutt is here, Heath is here. They are joined at the hip so to speak at least until Nolan's trial is over, no way JFB and Lindsey take a chance on Heath being much improved this year, that's why I think nutt is toast. Then if Heath doesn't win he'll be gone too.
Quote from: PiggyBack on November 22, 2005, 02:47:11 pm
I've heard that JFB is none too pleased with Heath and I think that's a little unfair. One must wonders if JFB has a different standard for Dale than he has for Heath.
Quote from: PiggyBack on November 22, 2005, 02:47:11 pm
I've heard that JFB is none too pleased with Heath and I think that's a little unfair. One must wonders if JFB has a different standard for Dale than he has for Heath.

wincrimson

Y'all have a good one in Heath. Mark it down...

And a solid squad this year as well I might add.

DevilHog

AFWarrior83

He has a 2 year pass, I thought ya'll knew? =)
Hogville member since 2005.

silvertip

94 Hawg

Quote from: taintlint on November 22, 2005, 10:32:21 am
And by the way, we lose to Kansas.
Quote from: taintlint on November 22, 2005, 10:35:34 am
Correction.....I am right, not negative. It's funny how calling a spade a spade is negative around here.
CORRECTION ARKANSAS 65  Kansas 64 :razorback:
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Bomis Hawg

Nice, 94 Hawg.

Would be interesting to read all of the topics about Maui back when it was discussed in the offseason.  I think about 80% of the posts were saying Arkansas wouldn't win a game.

Oh, well. 

I don't see the need to relate the Hoops situation to the Football situation.  If anything, there should be less in hoops.  They've been a consistant winner lately, football hasn't.

I think this is the season for Heath to perform.  If they do well, he'll be around for a while.  If they fall on their face again, it would be an interesting offseason.