Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rory McIlroy is going to win the PGA

Started by EastexHawg, August 07, 2017, 08:53:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

I'm not even going to name a couple more who I think will contend.  McIlroy is going to win it and everyone else is playing for second place.

Among the also rans, Mickelson will be on the first page of the leaderboard and get himself onto another President's Cup team.

onebadrubi

He's the favorite, you could lay some cash out there if you feel so strong about.  Vegas says +475 right now

GolfNut57

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 07, 2017, 09:17:23 pm
He's the favorite, you could lay some cash out there if you feel so strong about.  Vegas says +475 right now

He may be the favorite but Eastex just gave him the kiss of death. Now he will finish out of the top five.  :)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

EastexHawg

I had no idea he was the favorite.  Dang, Vegas stealing my thunder.

McIlroy is driving it like no one else in the world right now, plus he always seems to get hot late in the year.

clutch

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 07, 2017, 11:28:31 pm
I had no idea he was the favorite.  Dang, Vegas stealing my thunder.

McIlroy is driving it like no one else in the world right now, plus he always seems to get hot late in the year.

He may be looking to prove that he made the right choice by moving on from his longtime caddie as well.

Jackrabbit Hog

He's going to have to shore up his attitude and keep that one indifferent round from making its way onto his scorecard.  I am still not convinced that he has the drive to dominate like Jack and Tiger did.  The talent is there but I think he wants a more normal, well rounded life that is not just golf.  He may win this week, but I don't think he will.  And Phil will not be on the first page of the leaderboard come Sunday. 

I know it's easy to go with the hot hand, but I'm saying it'll be Matsuyama when it's all over.  That kid is a ball striking machine and, in the words of Happy Gilmore, "Uh oh....somebody learned how to putt!"
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 08, 2017, 08:37:27 am
He's going to have to shore up his attitude and keep that one indifferent round from making its way onto his scorecard.  I am still not convinced that he has the drive to dominate like Jack and Tiger did.  The talent is there but I think he wants a more normal, well rounded life that is not just golf.  He may win this week, but I don't think he will.  And Phil will not be on the first page of the leaderboard come Sunday. 

I think Rory enjoys being Rory.  He doesn't strike me as the type who eats and sleeps golf like some of the others do.  But, the one time he made a big change and dropped his tennis girlfriend he went on a tear and maybe dropping his caddy will have the same effect.  I have noticed Rory's distance control is so so.  He can drive it 340 but can't hit it 110. 

I think it was Feherty who noticed when Matsuyama was teamed with DJ and Rory, they got pretty deep into his head by outdriving him 30 yards so we'll see how that goes.  Doesn't bother Zach but bothers the hell out of him.    Looking forward to it.  Think I saw where it's a 7600 yard, par 70 course. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hawgon

As for usual, whoever putts best will win.

RazorPiggie

Boarcephus

Are they going to televise any of the tournament until Saturday??  The Golf Channel has 5 hours of it today but as of yet they've not shown a single shot. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ricepig

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 10, 2017, 10:02:14 am
Are they going to televise any of the tournament until Saturday??  The Golf Channel has 5 hours of it today but as of yet they've not shown a single shot. 

Starts at noon on TNT until 6 or 7?

Boarcephus

Jackrabbit Hog

I know it's waaaaay early, but John Daly is -1 after 14 holes, playing a par 5, and tied for 7th at the moment.  Would be nice for him to make the cut.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 10, 2017, 11:45:28 am
I know it's waaaaay early, but John Daly is -1 after 14 holes, playing a par 5, and tied for 7th at the moment.  Would be nice for him to make the cut.

Lost 4 strokes the last 2 holes to wind up +3. Triple bogied last hole.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 10, 2017, 01:17:58 pm
Lost 4 strokes the last 2 holes to wind up +3. Triple bogied last hole.

I gave him the kiss of death.

ricepig

EastexHawg

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 10, 2017, 02:32:41 pm
I gave him the kiss of death.

If any of us can affect what happens on the course with what we write on this message board...we're not getting paid nearly enough.

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 10, 2017, 04:38:48 pm
If any of us can affect what happens on the course with what we write on this message board...we're not getting paid nearly enough.

Tiger wouldve either passed Jack in majors by now, or been run over by a couple lard ass tourney staff in a golf cart.
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 10, 2017, 04:38:48 pm

Next you'll tell me that there's no effect between a 90% free throw shooter missing a crucial free throw mere seconds after the TV guy says "he's virtually automatic from the charity stripe."

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on August 10, 2017, 04:31:39 pm
Wife still out of town?

Depends.  Who's askin'?     ;)

I'm picking her up at the airport tonight after a jamboree I'm calling downtown.

hawgon

Whoever advised Duffner to wear a shirt two sizes too small with a bunch of horizontal stripes, needs to be fired.  If he decided himself, his sponsors need to step in and do an intervention.

EastexHawg

Phil is playing like me.  Wow, he looks lost on the course.  Even his short game is letting him down.  I think if he can keep it together he might still beat that one armed club pro from Schenectady.

Hawgndaaz

So, the 4th major, which also is the least popular/important is going on right now.

But the PGA wants you to pay a subscription to watch it online today. What a joke. I can watch the big 3 majors free online, but the worst major wants me to pay for it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 11, 2017, 10:00:03 am
So, the 4th major, which also is the least popular/important is going on right now.

But the PGA wants you to pay a subscription to watch it online today. What a joke. I can watch the big 3 majors free online, but the worst major wants me to pay for it.

I thought there was a free live streaming option?  But I have not watched or looked for it. 

Jim Harris

Quote from: hawgon on August 11, 2017, 07:13:25 am
Whoever advised Duffner to wear a shirt two sizes too small with a bunch of horizontal stripes, needs to be fired.  If he decided himself, his sponsors need to step in and do an intervention.

He's really blown up again after losing a ton of weight after his marriage to Amanda fell apart. He also looks surlier than usual these days.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Boarcephus

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 11, 2017, 09:37:05 am
Phil is playing like me.  Wow, he looks lost on the course.  Even his short game is letting him down.  I think if he can keep it together he might still beat that one armed club pro from Schenectady.

LOL!   Same here.  This is playing more like the US Open and that played like the normal PGA. 

wholehog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on August 11, 2017, 10:00:03 am

It's free.  Here's the link.
https://www.pga.com/events/pgachampionship/

RazorPiggie

hogbud

5:45 round today for final group.....ridiculous

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogbud on August 12, 2017, 06:40:14 pm
5:45 round today for final group.....ridiculous

Your u didn't have to watch?  Also they were playing three to a group instead of two. 

Boarcephus

That was an interesting ruling.  It was thought Poulter hit the ball into a lateral hazard, couldn't find it, put him the clock, looked for 5 minutes, then found it and it was outside the hazard but after the 5 minutes were up and he had to play it like it was a lost ball.  Wow. 

majestic

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 13, 2017, 11:52:03 am
That was an interesting ruling.  It was thought Poulter hit the ball into a lateral hazard, couldn't find it, put him the clock, looked for 5 minutes, then found it and it was outside the hazard but after the 5 minutes were up and he had to play it like it was a lost ball.  Wow. 
He's still pissed.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Boarcephus

Dr. Starcs

Don't understand why it took TNT 5 minutes to show the replay of the shot?!

RazorPiggie

Rory says he might be done for the year. Sounds like married life is catching up to him.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 14, 2017, 03:05:34 pm
Rory says he might be done for the year. Sounds like married life is catching up to him.

She needs to stop punching him in the ribs.