Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chandler Morris

Started by 3Scoreand10, February 04, 2018, 07:29:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3Scoreand10

Curious to know if Coach Morris' son Chandler will continue to play at Highland Park or transfer to an Arkansas school?

Diamondbackhog

It has been reported that he will stay at HP. I wish he would come to AR, but don't blame him for staying.

Sivad

When your dad is head football coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks - you move to Fayetteville, AR

Flrazrback

He has a State Championship to win. Should be the starting QB this year. Be interesting to watch how he does.

AirWarren

Quote from: Sivad on February 04, 2018, 07:56:58 pm
When your dad is head football coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks - you move to Fayetteville, AR

Texas football>Arkansas 7a west football.

hogmolar

Quote from: AP85 on February 04, 2018, 08:00:01 pm
But what about 2a south Arkansas football? Could we please discuss the difference?  ;) ;D

Pig in the Pokey

normally. but, not at THAT High School when you are the heir apparent.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogNTX

All the reporting is that he is staying at HP which makes sense for the Morris's, Chandler, and anyone who has moved during their late high school career.

It doesn't make sense to Arkansas fans because they will think that Morris isn't fully invested in Arkansas.

Personally I think he needs to make the decision on what's best for his family. For his son to have to come in to a new program and learn everything about it with the enormous pressure of being the Head Hog's son and then compete against the QB there which means he can't win the competition because even if he does it's because he's the Morris's kid. It's a recipe for disappointment all around.

Plus... think of the recruiting side... CBB burned bridges with so many HS coaches in Texas that the hiring of Morris has rebuilt to the Hill. But to have his son playing weekly in Texas HS football at a great program only serves to strengthen those bonds. His son is an active recruiter so far for us and I can't imagine that changing on Friday nights in the fall.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: AP85 on February 04, 2018, 08:00:01 pm

If Arkansas had 9A Level football it would not be to the level of Texas 5A.  Texas 5A and 6A football is like playing college football.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

AirWarren

Quote from: hogmolar on February 04, 2018, 08:01:44 pm
But what about 2a south Arkansas football? Could we please discuss the difference?  ;) ;D

Texas high school football>Arkansas football.

Hoggish1

Why?  If he's a senior and the starter on a team with a chance to win state championship, you stay. 

HogNTX

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 04, 2018, 09:34:52 pm
Why?  If he's a senior and the starter on a team with a chance to win state championship, you stay.

Junior starter

TebowHater

From someone who isn't totally drooling over Morris, more than happy to say this:

Chandler was the best hog caller of any new person to the U of A that I have ever seen. This sounds sort of like a joke but I am serious, it was outstanding. And he was evidently responsible for the above average performance of the whole family. Morris was later quoted as saying Chandler got the whole family together and made them practice over and over the night before because "if we're gonna do this, we're gonna do it dang right."

Love it

3kgthog

Imagine your kid is the QB of a team he loves. Are you gonna tell him he's got to leave for a new team and school? I certainly wouldn't. Not at that age.

Bubba's Bruisers

Tell me why we care where CM's kid plays HS football?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 09:47:13 pm

Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean nobody else does. Its the offseason and its the head football coach's son and could impact arkansas highschool football.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 04, 2018, 09:56:30 pm
Just because YOU don't care doesn't mean nobody else does. Its the offseason and its the head football coach's son and could impact arkansas highschool football.

LOL. I didn't say I didn't care. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Stu

I'm with you on this. 

From my perspective, this is folks trying to stir up trouble when, in reality this is a family decision. More to the point this is the Morris' decision to make and we don't get a say so in the matter - as it should be.

How far should we take being involved in a family's ability to decide what happens w their child. For example, the ADs son is going to the U of Colorado.  Should the fans decide that the ADs son has to come to Arkansas as a walk-on instead of taking the schollie offer from the Buffaloes?   If not, why not?  If the fans can compel the HC to make his son move and play football in Ark, why can't we make the ADs son be a walk-on at Arkansas.

Frankly, we just need to butt out of this conversation and let the families make the decisions that they deem is best for them.  Each of us have enough problems of our own to be butting in on someone else's problems.

Not that I have a strong opinion about this or anything.

AirWarren

Dramatic men of HV.

racinghog

Quote from: Stu on February 04, 2018, 10:12:59 pm
I'm with you on this. 

From my perspective, this is folks trying to stir up trouble when, in reality this is a family decision. More to the point this is the Morris' decision to make and we don't get a say so in the matter - as it should be.

How far should we take being involved in a family's ability to decide what happens w their child. For example, the ADs son is going to the U of Colorado.  Should the fans decide that the ADs son has to come to Arkansas as a walk-on instead of taking the schollie offer from the Buffaloes?   If not, why not?  If the fans can compel the HC to make his son move and play football in Ark, why can't we make the ADs son be a walk-on at Arkansas.

Frankly, we just need to butt out of this conversation and let the families make the decisions that they deem is best for them.  Each of us have enough problems of our own to be butting in on someone else's problems.

Not that I have a strong opinion about this or anything.
going to college is different than going to HS.

Stu

Quote from: racinghog on February 04, 2018, 10:33:41 pm
going to college is different than going to HS.
Obviously, I disagree - the principle is still the same...i.e. somebody other than the family makes the decision on what is best for their family.   

You and I should not be involved in this discussion.

LZH

Odd that so many want Arkansas to move to a lesser conference but want Morris to complete against the best of the best.

nchogg

Quote from: HogNTX on February 04, 2018, 08:16:56 pm
All the reporting is that he is staying at HP which makes sense for the Morris's, Chandler, and anyone who has moved during their late high school career.

It doesn't make sense to Arkansas fans because they will think that Morris isn't fully invested in Arkansas.

Personally I think he needs to make the decision on what's best for his family. For his son to have to come in to a new program and learn everything about it with the enormous pressure of being the Head Hog's son and then compete against the QB there which means he can't win the competition because even if he does it's because he's the Morris's kid. It's a recipe for disappointment all around.

Plus... think of the recruiting side... CBB burned bridges with so many HS coaches in Texas that the hiring of Morris has rebuilt to the Hill. But to have his son playing weekly in Texas HS football at a great program only serves to strengthen those bonds. His son is an active recruiter so far for us and I can't imagine that changing on Friday nights in the fall.

Makes sense to me.

pigture perfect

If the situation was opposite of this, say a coach who was at Arkansas left to be a coach in Texas, I would assume that the kid would stay in Arkansas and play for a chance to win a state title. I know what it is to move at a critical juncture. Chemistry is very important on a team.

On a side note, I believe one thing wrong with football in Little Rock is because sometimes a kid doesn't know from year to year where the school bus will take him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

go hogues

It's a 3 mile drive from HP Football complex to Love Field and a 40 min Gulfstream ride to Drake. He'll probably be in Fayetteville each Friday night within three hours of the final whistle in HP.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: LZH on February 05, 2018, 05:18:46 am
Odd that so many want Arkansas to move to a lesser conference but want Morris to complete against the best of the best.

This isn't comparable.

steveaustin69

Quote from: LZH on February 05, 2018, 05:18:46 am

Apples to pineapples

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 05, 2018, 09:44:24 am
This isn't comparable.
sure it is...it doesn't fit your narrative.

steveaustin69

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 05, 2018, 10:21:14 am

You really want to get into this again?  I'm happy to make you look dumb.

rljjr

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 05, 2018, 10:21:14 am

Please explain how it is. I'm really looking to learn something today.

TexasRazorback

When you are about to take over a 5A texas program that has State Title aspirations you do not move to Fayetteville, AR.  You finish out your HS career at your current school and hopefully he then comes to the Hill with a scholly to be our QB.

RME

Thanks for the input. I'm sure Chad Morris leads his family and decides what's best for them by taking the advice of anonymous message board posters.

TexHog188

Chandler will be the starting QB for the Highland Park Scots with a chance to 3-Peat in Texas 5A Football. No way he gives up on that to transfer to Fayetteville. Leave the kid alone, he's living the dream everyone of us wish we could. Go Hogs!
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

3Scoreand10

If he were my son, I would advise him to stay.

So the question is---Will pop be there on Friday nights watching?
Might put a lot of hours on that plane.

LZH

LZH

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on February 05, 2018, 11:29:58 am

If he were my son, I'd make him gain 40 lbs and play him at FB....

Hoggish1

If his dad thinks is's OK to stay what are we getting involved in this for?

steveaustin69

I don't care either.

oldbear

I care. I think it says a lot for the Morris family that they are willing to make this decision while probably knowing they will catch some flack from unreasonable people. I wasn't sold on Coach Morris in the beginning. The more I learn, the better I like him.

It will be fun keeping up with HP this year. I am hoping for that 3 peat!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 05, 2018, 12:35:17 pm
If his dad thinks is's OK to stay what are we getting involved in this for?
I wouldn't say we are "involved" I would say we are discussing.  And I think it's a fair point of discussion since we (generically the ticket buying Razorback fans) are paying his salary.  If he reels off 3 surprisingly good seasons and bolts for another job, will it be fair to say "I guess we should have seen it coming.  His wife and kid never even moved to Fayetteville"?

If you owned a company and hired a new CEO, would it concern you if his family didn't move your city?

Hog N Bama

I dunno. I think Chandler did one heck of a Hog Call. So let him be happy ;D

GuvHog

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on February 05, 2018, 11:29:58 am

So the question is---Will pop be there on Friday nights watching?
Might put a lot of hours on that plane.

The kid should be supporting his father's endeavor. Living in Texas while his father lives in Fayetteville, Arkansas is not supporting his father's endeavor. My father was a minister for 40 years and not one time did the family ever consider staying and living in 1 town while dad Pastored a church in another town. Such a thing would have been completely ridiculous. If the kid was going to be a Senior next year MAYBE I could understand him staying but he's not. He's finishing his Sophomore year of high school in May or June.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

NoogaHog

After we criticize the Coach and the AD on how they raise their children, I think we should make dang sure that Mrs. Morris knows our opinion on what color she paints her kitchen. You know, recruiting and all.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Hogindasticks

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:07:31 pm
The kid should be supporting his father's endeavor. Living in Texas while his father lives in Fayetteville, Arkansas is not supporting his father's endeavor. My father was a minister for 40 years and not one time did the family ever consider staying and living in 1 town while dad Pastored a church in another town. Such a thing would have been completely ridiculous. If the kid was going to be a Senior next year MAYBE I could understand him staying but he's not. He's finishing his Sophomore year of high school in May or June.

I think it's a family thing...I don't think it should be put on the kid.

GuvHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on February 05, 2018, 03:08:08 pm
After we criticize the Coach and the AD on how they raise their children, I think we should make dang sure that Mrs. Morris knows our opinion on what color she paints her kitchen. You know, recruiting and all.

Make snide remarks all you want but my point is a valid one.

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:07:31 pm

Well, it's not your call. Not every family is like yours, either. I highly doubt you were a successful high school quarterback at a high-powered school in Texas while your father had the opportunity to coach an SEC program.

You're chastising a kid for not supporting his father's endeavors when his father is clearly perfectly fine with it and allowing his family to do what's best for them.

The Morris family: "Dad, are you okay with this?" "Absolutely, son. This is what's best for you and your life."
Hogville: "WRONG!"

Ya know, some things in life are circumstantial.

thebignasty

Quote from: GuvHog on February 05, 2018, 03:10:25 pm
Make snide remarks all you want but my point is a valid one.

Nope, it isn't.

As much as you believe you have a say in how other people ought to manage their family life,  you do not, and your internet proselytizing is pathetic.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

GuvHog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on February 05, 2018, 03:10:12 pm
I think it's a family thing...I don't think it should be put on the kid.

It's not on the kid. His father should insist that he and his mom move to NWA after his school year in Texas ends in May or June.

RME

Quote from: thebignasty on February 05, 2018, 03:12:09 pm
Nope, it isn't.

As much as you believe you have a say in how other people ought to manage their family life,  you do not, and your internet proselytizing is pathetic.