Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why we lost.

Started by jbigs77, January 03, 2018, 09:24:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbigs77

1. 13 turnovers
2. 41.7% from free throw line
3. Barford had off night.

The hogs are clearly a better team than Miss St. However, that did not translate into a win last night. Yes, officiating was poor. But in the end we have to blame ourselves. What concerns me is the bench play as of late. I thought the bench might be a plus this year, not so sure now. I thought we played lazy at times last night. It was like they knew they were going to win, and didn't give total effort on the court. Mike and Scotty need to hand out some attitude adjusting.

HawgTrough

moo state is a legit force on defense and they showed some offensive spurts in the second half. We had multiple opportunities to stretch the second half lead and couldn't get it done. Wasn't the hog's night but they kept fighting, which is a nice change from the Houston game
WPS

crazyrazy

Also, Gafford is a great talent, but that was his first road game in SEC.  Last season we got road wins because Kinglsey controlled the paint and (for the most part) made his free throws.  Gafford got beat up on the offensive boards and missed his free throws.  He'll learn from this and we'll hit stride later this month, I predict.

Kevin

points off turnovers msu 19 hogs 9
2nd chance points msu 16 hogs 9
fastbreak points msu 10 hogs 4
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

lynbug

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 03, 2018, 09:24:18 am
1. 13 turnovers
2. 41.7% from free throw line
3. Barford had off night.

The hogs are clearly a better team than Miss St. However, that did not translate into a win last night. Yes, officiating was poor. But in the end we have to blame ourselves. What concerns me is the bench play as of late. I thought the bench might be a plus this year, not so sure now. I thought we played lazy at times last night. It was like they knew they were going to win, and didn't give total effort on the court. Mike and Scotty need to hand out some attitude adjusting.
This would get us beat on many nights, wouldn't it?

Tortfeasor

Saw some of it in the TN game and then it reared it's head again last night...too much one-on-one ball being played. Many times last night Thomas and Gafford would be wide open down low and the guards would dribble around and try to drive or just shoot the three and miss.

Hit the open man and play more as team.

The_Iceman

I don't worry about things that Arkansas doesn't do well, lile rebounding and 3 point defense. My biggest concern is CJ Jones lack of production and Barford scoring 11 points and going 0-6 from 3pt. We should be able to count on a 3 pointer from each of them each game. If we get that, we win the game. The rest of the stuff (officiating, rebounding, lack of defense) isn't why we lost.

HognotinMemphis

Leave it to the Hogs to be the ranked team that State breaks its 18 game losing streak to ranked teams against.

Fouling and lack of defensive rebounding was ugly. State shot 40 FT's and Ark shot 12. They outscored the Hogs by 19 on the FT line. That was the game right there.

I watched about 15 min of the game in spurts and each time I saw State get 3 rebounds on their offensive end. That is simply unacceptable.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

cityhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 03, 2018, 10:35:15 am
Leave it to the Hogs to be the ranked team that State breaks its 18 game losing streak to ranked teams against.

Fouling and lack of defensive rebounding was ugly. State shot 40 FT's and Ark shot 12. They outscored the Hogs by 19 on the FT line. That was the game right there.

I watched about 15 min of the game in spurts and each time I saw State get 3 rebounds on their offensive end. That is simply unacceptable.

yup. 2 teams exposed last night. Arkansas and Tennessee

jbigs77

This game could be a learning tool. I know losers practices are no fun. I remember the year we won like 30 + games, we lost to Miss St. Hopefully they can learn from this. Go Hogs

thebignasty

1. Misstake is better than most on hogville thought
2. Winning on the road is hard
3. We didn't play well

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes