DEDEATRICH WISE drafted...Patriots

factchecker

Bill loves the Hogs.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cambridge Hog

He has a good relationship with Bielema. It shows his trust and respect for him.

Love more Hogs coming to the Pats! Best organization in the NFL!

bennyl08

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on April 29, 2017, 12:31:15 pm
He has a good relationship with Bielema. It shows his trust and respect for him.

Most successful. Hardest to root for though.

He also liked Petrino players.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Ex-Trumpet

Used to hate the Pats...been a bigger fan ever since they been giving the finger to NFL suits.  And picking up Hogs!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

bennyl08

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 29, 2017, 12:49:53 pm
Used to hate the Pats...been a bigger fan ever since they been giving the finger to NFL suits.  And picking up Hogs!!

They've been giving the middle finger to the sport itself too, which is the only reason the suits have been after them in the first place. Which is just so weird since they don't need to cheat.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

longpig

YES!  Sprinkle to the Chiefs.

*Redskins
Don't be scared, be smart.

Jackrabbit Hog

Who's next?  Ledbetter?  Hope Sprinkle makes the most of this opportunity.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bennyl08

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:33:06 pm
Who's next?  Ledbetter?  Hope Sprinkle makes the most of this opportunity.

Is Jordan Reed still there? Reed is a phenomenal TE when healthy, but rarely is healthy, so Sprinkle will have opportunity if he can move up to #2.

Ledbetter is my next bet but we'll probably have to wait a while.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RazorRed26 on April 29, 2017, 12:26:32 pm
DEDEATRICH WISE drafted...Patriots
I'm stoked for Wise; however, with both Flowers and Wise on the roster I might actually be forced to begin doing something I've NEVER EVER done and hoped never to do. That's actually root for the Patriots.

longpig

Wise and Gronk in the same locker room will make for some good entertainment.

hawgmasta

Congrats to Wise! Pretty cool that flowers and wise will be working out and studying tape in the same rooms again. Prohogs

hawgXi

Quote from: longpig on April 29, 2017, 01:29:29 pm
YES!  Sprinkle to the Chiefs.

*Redskins

Sprinkle to wash foreskins

theFlyingHog

We should use this in recruiting. Come play at Arkansas and go on to win Super Bowl rings

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: hawgXi on April 29, 2017, 02:36:59 pm
Sprinkle to wash foreskins

Winner of the most disgusting post I've read all day.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 02:53:17 pm
Winner of the most disgusting post I've read all day.
He obviously ain't a Redskin fan.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

RazorRed26

He can room with Travis Swanson. :razorback:

bennyl08

LRrazorback

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 29, 2017, 06:09:08 pm
Back on topic for a moment anyway....

This certainly makes a statement about the talent level Arkansas doesn't have (or hasn't had) on the roster.  When 32 teams can't find a single player within the first 100 players picked in the draft, that makes a statement on the Razorback roster seriously lacking quality.  This certainly does not paint Bielema in a positive light.

Not to mention, CBB didn't recruit and sign Wise or Sprinkle

factchecker

Quote from: LRrazorback on April 29, 2017, 06:19:04 pm
Not to mention, CBB didn't recruit and sign Wise or Sprinkle

Ledbetter?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

longpig

This certainly makes a statement about the talent level Arkansas doesn't have (or hasn't had) on the roster.  When 32 teams can't find a single player within the first 100 players picked in the draft, that makes a statement on the Razorback roster seriously lacking quality.  This certainly does not paint Bielema in a positive light.

could be worse.  could be Penn State.

factchecker

This is the only link I can find that breaks down draft picks by schools:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=school

*It's not showing 7th round picks so there might be more later.

Mississippi State had one player selected in the draft.  An offensive lineman in the 6th round.
Kentucky had zero players drafted.

Louisiville had one player selected.  Their long snapper was drafted in the 6th round.

What's interesting is that we haven't had a 1st round pick since 2008: McFadden and Jones.

The next highest draft pick was Hunter Henry last year in the 2nd round.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=school&abbr=A&collegeName=Arkansas&abbrFlag=0
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bennyl08

No, it really doesn't make a statement on that. Depending on your meaning of quality I guess. JWill/Collins? Not quality backs. Trey Flowers? Not a quality DL player. Spaight, Wilson, Adams, Childs, Wright and so on, none of them quality players I suppose.

It was our lowest draft output since 2011, but we still had 3 players drafted which is a lot more than the vast majority of teams. In the SEC alone, we had more draft picks than Georgia, SC, Kentucky, Missouri, MSU, and Vandy. I bet once you include UDFA's, we leapfrog OM and Auburn as well.

That's been our MO since Petrino came here. Under Nutt, we took a lot of risks with players and were a very topheavy team, reliant on a handful of good players. Since Petrino and into the Bielema's tenure here, we've gone after surer bets and have lacked the elite athleticism of a DMac or Matt Jones, but have had a lot more depth of talent.

bennyl08

Quote from: factchecker on April 29, 2017, 06:57:41 pm
This is the only link I can find that breaks down draft picks by schools:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=school

*It's not showing 7th round picks so there might be more later.

Mississippi State had one player selected in the draft.  An offensive lineman in the 6th round.
Kentucky had zero players drafted.

Louisiville had one player selected.  Their long snapper was drafted in the 6th round.

What's interesting is that we haven't had a 1st round pick since 2008: McFadden and Jones.

The next highest draft pick was Hunter Henry last year in the 2nd round.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=school&abbr=A&collegeName=Arkansas&abbrFlag=0

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2017-nfl-draft-sec-players/

Doesn't give the whole country, but every pick in the SEC.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

https://twitter.com/TreyBiddy/status/857789778275831808

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/857804673687924736

Ole Miss has had more success than us overall.  However, no matter how many rules they broke they still couldn't get to Atlanta with all that talent.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 29, 2017, 07:05:00 pm
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/2017-nfl-draft-sec-players/

Doesn't give the whole country, but every pick in the SEC.

Do you think that Hunter would have went in the 1st round this draft.  It seems like they were pulling tight ends off the board earlier this year.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: factchecker on April 29, 2017, 07:07:55 pm
https://twitter.com/TreyBiddy/status/857789778275831808

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/857804673687924736

Ole Miss has had more success than us overall.  However, no matter how many rules they broke they still couldn't get to Atlanta with all that talent.

And still couldn't beat us.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Poker_hog

Quote from: factchecker on April 29, 2017, 07:11:45 pm
Do you think that Hunter would have went in the 1st round this draft.  It seems like they were pulling tight ends off the board earlier this year.

I doubt any of this years rookie tight end will have the sucess HH had last year.  HH is probably already a top 20 NFL TE.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Jackrabbit Hog

bennyl08

Quote from: factchecker on April 29, 2017, 07:11:45 pm

No, I don't. He didn't have near the athleticism of some of this years class. Top 5 TE taken, but if he wasn't worth a first round pick when he was the top guy, he wouldn't have gone as the 4th best.

It's about maximizing need and talent with a lot more weight given to talent than need except for the qb position. I mean, remove the top 5 qbs from this class and I guarantee the 6th qb from this class would have gone in the top 10. Remove the top 3 TEs from this class and the 4th TE taken is still probably taken in about the same spot.

HognotinMemphis

When the first player from U of A is taken in the 4th round of NFL draft, especially when trying to compete in the SEC, you understand the record that Bielema has had in his first 4 years as Razorback head football coach
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

RaisinHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on April 30, 2017, 11:19:19 am
When the first player from U of A is taken in the 4th round of NFL draft, especially when trying to compete in the SEC, you understand the record that Bielema has had in his first 4 years as Razorback head football coach

I like coach b .. but he recruits them and he develops them .. he is the one that has to fix it

LJHOG

first Hog taken in round 4.  plain to see why we are not a factor in the SEC.  apparently stars matter.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: LJHOG on April 30, 2017, 12:28:07 pm
first Hog taken in round 4.  plain to see why we are not a factor in the SEC.  apparently stars matter.
If stars matter then why don't we start a ranking service and rank all of our signees 5* !!
Boom, magic, best team in all the land! As long as somebody says they are highly rated, right?

Hawgar The Horrible

April 30, 2017, 02:31:08 pm #38 Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:44:10 pm by Hawgar The Horrible
Quote from: sevenof400 on April 30, 2017, 02:20:19 pm
It is the most objective exit measure available.
32 NFL teams are always working in their best interest and will always take the player they consider to best fit their needs of the moment when their turn to draft comes around. 
As the process (which includes coaching, player development, etc) at Arkansas losses its ability to prepare players for the NFL, it becomes another reason for players with high(er) skill to look elsewhere.

At Wisconsin, Bielema  had developed a decent reputation as developing draft ready players - a fact which was used to support Bielema as he took the Arkansas job.  And no doubt, a trait that Arkansas fans would hope continued. 

As an aside, it may be worth rereading this article on Bielema:http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/12/6/3734422/farewell-bret-bielema-arkansas-wisconsin-good-bad-ugly

Clearly, Bielema (and his staff) need to step their coaching up this year if they want to attract higher level talent to Arkansas in sufficient numbers to start bridging the gap.   

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=633288.0

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HoginMemphis on April 30, 2017, 11:19:19 am

This is not new to BB.  This has largely been our program over the last few decades.  We don't put many guys in the NFL regardless of the coach.  And we are largely irrelevant.  Definitely a correlation.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: LJHOG on April 30, 2017, 12:28:07 pm

Well, stars certainly are a major indicator of success.  At least consistent success.  Talent is the life blood of any program.  Any program needs excellent talent in numbers, excellent coaching and development, but talent is priority number one.  Always has been, always will be.  Without it, the rest is futile.  We will never get the talent that so much of our competition gets, and that ain't BB's fault. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 29, 2017, 02:33:10 pm
Congrats to Wise! Pretty cool that flowers and wise will be working out and studying tape in the same rooms again. Prohogs
Did anybody else detect the hint of concern from Flowers at competing with Wise yesterday, the interviewer didn't detect it because he turned around and asked him later if he knew that Wise had been drafted by the Pats? I am sure he is not overly concerned, but I thought it was a hint of respect from Flowers for Wise' talent.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on April 29, 2017, 12:31:15 pm

eat a snake. Screw the Patsies.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.