Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nebraska hires

Started by HoggyCat, October 15, 2017, 02:53:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

Moos.  We'll be stuck with Long. No one wants him.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Wild Boarnado

"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Wild Boarnado

October 15, 2017, 02:54:46 pm #2 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 03:16:02 pm by Wild Boarnado
Aww, man! Beat me to it.  ;D
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 02:53:28 pm

We aren't "stuck" with anyone... they can always be let go.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ColinRagan

So Washington state will be looking for a new AD

HogCzar1

It's hard for me to see a school that Jeff Long would leave Arkansas for that would hire him.

If Jeff leaves, it's likely going to take BOT dismissal.

And, who thinks that's going to happen?

forrest city joe

Man i was so hoping they would hire Jeff Long.now the only hope looks like Louisville.I just want him gone.he destroyed the football program that i love.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 15, 2017, 02:59:21 pm
Man i was so hoping they would hire Jeff Long.now the only hope looks like Louisville.I just want him gone.he destroyed the football program that i love.
Me too Joe, me too!!   :'(

But hey, let's get back to celebrating last nite's big loss!! ;D

HoggyCat

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 02:55:56 pm
We aren't "stuck" with anyone... they can always be let go.

If they're not gonna let him go after turning a blind eye to rape, turning a blind eye to complaints from volleyball players of abuse followed by letters from parents followed by more player complaints, while twisting facts to actually fire a coach for a helluva lot less than either of these, then no, here not gonna let him go.  He's gonna have to leave on his own, and without somewhere to go,.....
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

longpig

The BOT knows Arkansas athletics is in good hands with Jeff Long.   He'll be here as long as he wants.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Squeal Young

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 02:53:28 pm

At least you got the [Nebraska = no one] part right.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: longpig on October 15, 2017, 03:05:17 pm
The BOT knows Arkansas athletics is in good hands with Jeff Long.   He'll be here as long as he wants.

Lol

Ex-Trumpet

Whomever replaces CBB you can credit--or blame--the BOT's...they will have the final say regardless of the AD.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Tusks

Come on JL you can do it ....... leave.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

forrest city joe

Either you are joking or trolling.either one is bad.

jneal56

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 03:04:27 pm
If they're not gonna let him go after turning a blind eye to rape, turning a blind eye to complaints from volleyball players of abuse followed by letters from parents followed by more player complaints, while twisting facts to actually fire a coach for a helluva lot less than either of these, then no, here not gonna let him go.  He's gonna have to leave on his own, and without somewhere to go,.....

Haven't heard most of that. Care to elaborate?
"At least we are moral"

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on October 15, 2017, 03:04:07 pm
Me too Joe, me too!!   :'(

But hey, let's get back to celebrating last nite's big loss!! ;D
I'm all in !  Let's all head on over to Bert's house and hang out at the pool. Plenty of Crown Royal, Chevis Regal 18 and Schaefer's Light Beer..oh along with the biggest feast of food one can imagine. All sorts of cakes, pies, cookies, brownies (be sure to get your fill before the OL coach gets there as he grabs the whole platter if they have brownies in it). Also, the highlight of the day is watching Bert and Anderson "rock the pool" with a series of cannon balls. Fun to be had by all, just don't let Kurt see you grab the last brownie, then it's on, brother.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hog911

Good Hands? LOL, like a child molester at Chuck E. Cheese!

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Poker_hog

Quote from: HogCzar1 on October 15, 2017, 02:58:25 pm
It's hard for me to see a school that Jeff Long would leave Arkansas for that would hire him.

If Jeff leaves, it's likely going to take BOT dismissal.

And, who thinks that's going to happen?

Only a school that needs an integrity boost without pressure to win for a while.  Ole miss?
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

farmhawg

Guess Long is not thought so highly as some here argue.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: farmhawg on October 15, 2017, 03:53:37 pm

You are assuming he wanted the job...

TebowHater

I don't think they like him. Gave him tons of trouble with the stadium expansion.

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on October 15, 2017, 03:56:35 pm
I don't think they like him. Gave him tons of trouble with the stadium expansion.

2/10=tons of trouble??

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2017, 03:58:48 pm
2/10=tons of trouble??

Well, if 1=1 ton, then technically, 2 could be considered tons. 😉

Although 8 > 2

Calling All Hogs

I'm sure Nebraska thinks highly of Jeff. They were probably just looking for an AD who, you know, actually wins.

longpig

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 15, 2017, 03:26:27 pm
Either you are joking or trolling.either one is bad.

Or unbiased.  We're out there, you know. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

farmhawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 15, 2017, 03:54:57 pm
You are assuming he wanted the job...
That must be the answer. He floated his name for 5he hell of it.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

TebowHater

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2017, 03:58:48 pm
2/10=tons of trouble??

2 voted against formally, which effectively was a formal vote of no confidence in him as an AD (their pretend claims with the stadium were absurd, which if you go back and look on the threads at that time, there was near consensus even on Hogville on that point).

As I understand it others pushed back pretty hard in the discussions.

TebowHater

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 15, 2017, 04:02:17 pm
I'm sure Nebraska thinks highly of Jeff. They were probably just looking for an AD who, you know, actually wins.

Yeah to further support that assertion their fans certainly did not if you read their message boards. They were ecstatic about all candidates but were nearly unanimous in their "please not Jeff Long", "I would be extremely disappointed in Long", or "He destroyed their FB program" posts.

ricepig

True, WSU was 41-53 under his AD tutelage, not including this season.

factchecker

Quote from: TebowHater on October 15, 2017, 03:56:35 pm

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jun/16/ua-trustees-approve-120m-bonds-razorback-stadium-e/

Tons of trouble?

The expansion passed with a 8 to 2 vote.

The two dissenters used false cries of sympathy for our students despite The University of Arkansas being the only instate school who doesn't steal from their students via athletic fees.  We also don't live off of subsidies unlike jonesboro state, conway college, and little rock university.

Funny how nobody [CENSORED] about jonesboro renovating their stadium (putting a wasteful waterfall in) despite them living off of subsidies.  Similar to how nobody complained when WMS used a million dollars of our tax money to shine a turd.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: TebowHater on October 15, 2017, 04:07:00 pm
As I understand it others pushed back pretty hard in the discussions.

link?

Because as I understand...... everyone else laughed at the two who voted against the expansion.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

870hogfan

Good, Jeff Long is a good AD.

TebowHater

Quote from: factchecker on October 15, 2017, 04:11:44 pm
The two dissenters used false cries of sympathy for our students despite The University of Arkansas being the only instate school who doesn't steal from their students via athletic fees.  We also don't live off of subsidies unlike jonesboro state, conway college, and little rock university.

Agree, see my post above saying the same. To me, this is even more damming. The two dissenters were effectively giving formal votes of no confidence in the AD, and the stadium was just a proxy.

Gotcha re your second post that the other 8 laughed. Definitely could be wrong on that one just what I had thought the rumors were

TebowHater

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 15, 2017, 04:27:03 pm

I actually agree with this too. We should just take football hiring/contracting out of his hands and we would be in good shape.

VirginiaHog

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 15, 2017, 04:27:03 pm
This. He is our ad. A top 10 AD. He can't be turned down for a job he doesn't want.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: TebowHater on October 15, 2017, 04:29:10 pm
I actually agree with this too. We should just take football hiring/contracting out of his hands and we would be in good shape.

Wait, I thought JL wanted Grobe but was forced to hire Petrino?  And, I thought CBB's buyout was over $15M but in actuality it is much less?

Sounds like hiring and contracting has been in the hands of multiple entities for a while now.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

lilRockNDubb

Or, you know... actually wanted the job.

WilsonHog

This characterization of Bill Moos may be why Nebraska hired him:

"Bill Moos is indeed the guy. Good hire. Antithesis of Shawn Eichorst in terms of personality. Football guy through and through." - Steven Sipple from Husker Extra

Ah, well. That definitely doesn't describe our boy Jeff. Maybe Washington State, Louisville, or Maryland won't be so ticky when it comes to their football program. Maybe they'll be in the market for a softball and gymnastics guy who loves him some GPA.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 15, 2017, 04:38:31 pm

"Bill Moos is indeed the guy. Good hire. Antithesis of Shawn Eichorst in terms of personality. Football guy through and through." - Steven Sipple from Husker Extra

Crap, Long never stood a chance...

moses_007

Ah, well. That definitely doesn't describe our boy Jeff. Maybe Washington State, Louisville, or Maryland won't be so ticky when it comes to their football program. Maybe they'll be in the market for a softball and gymnastics guy who loves him some GPA.

Yeah, Jeff Long is a gymnastics and swimming team guy.....lol

ricepig

Well, he didn't play nice with Phil Knight and was let go at Oregon, and has overseen WSU to 41-53 up until this year. I guess he's a football guy, though.

HamIAm

some of you need to find another pass-time besides calling for people to be fired

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: HamIAm on October 15, 2017, 04:46:51 pm
some of you need to find another pass-time besides calling for people to be fired
Like maybe a pass time telling people how they should be spending their pass time? :)

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 15, 2017, 04:42:03 pm
Crap, Long never stood a chance...
Long has become,and everyone in here has one in their family, the crazy uncle. He won't die and you can't get rid of him. He's going to be around until even the 'twenty somethings' on Hogville are dead and gone. We had a guy when I was living as a pledge at the Kappa Sig house. His first name was Paul and he lived in the only room on the top floor of the gothic style structure. Paul was 31 years old and I was 18. Paul was taking one hour as a 31 year old fried student in the subject of audio-visual. That was 1979, I wonder if Paul is still there. I know Jeffie is still there. And if Paul has moved on, I'm sure the AEKDB boys will allow Jeffie to live on the fourth floor of the Kappa Sig house.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

grayhawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 15, 2017, 04:52:06 pm
Like maybe a pass time telling people how they should be spending their pass time? :)
;D
Fire Bielema :)

WilsonHog

There is much more excitement in that than there is in the actual games.

HardCore

Quote from: farmhawg on October 15, 2017, 03:53:37 pm

IDK what could have happened???  I thought Jeff Long was the greatest AD in the History of History???  What a crock of crap!!!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

grayhawg

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 15, 2017, 04:55:16 pm
There is much more excitement in that than there is in the actual games.
How true