Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've enjoyed sparring with you guys...

Started by NuttsSacked, November 15, 2005, 11:58:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonofahog

I am getting off point of this thread, sorry,  but HOG BOUNTY HUNTER,  you said "if nutt is here next year" you are gone too.  Wait,  we need your "I told you so".   

Are you losing faith??  You can't do that,  we on the darkside need your stance and guarantee!!   Please come back and say "I'll be here because he will be gone" and make up for the "if nutt is here" statement!!
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: stillahog on November 16, 2005, 07:54:40 pm
I am getting off point of this thread, sorry, but HOG BOUNTY HUNTER, you said "if nutt is here next year" you are gone too. Wait, we need your "I told you so".

Are you losing faith?? You can't do that, we on the darkside need your stance and guarantee!! Please come back and say "I'll be here because he will be gone" and make up for the "if nutt is here" statement!!

Oh don't worry, that fricker is out of here. Shaffer, Chunk, Grit, Clay and Dudley are all going to look like the idiots that they are in a about three weeks.  I will call Chucks show and throw in their face, I will hound them for a month or so making them sound k even dumber than they make themselves sound already.

Sonofahog

Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

hawgbawb

Quote from: HogsRule on November 16, 2005, 11:35:36 am
Good Riddance. I won't miss your negativity, there's plenty of people in here with your view to pick up the slack. and if you don't watch next year, you might miss one hell of a show.

Amen brother!!  Adios Aubie!
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

hawgbawb

Quote from: dubyacee on November 16, 2005, 04:05:46 pm
Quote from: FtheDarksiders on November 16, 2005, 03:52:56 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on November 16, 2005, 03:41:55 pm
Quote from: FtheDarksiders on November 16, 2005, 03:31:45 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on November 16, 2005, 02:56:03 pm
If the people who want a change for the better are crybabies, what do you call the people on here who are blindly loyal to a coach who was not loyal to the program when he was a player, was given a 2 yr free pass and proceeded at the end of the first year to tell LSU offer and I will come, and constantly makes bad personnel, time management decisions and then acts like white sox after they won the world series this year after beating Ole Miss, and who took us to this low:

Realists?? They understand college football and understand that every program has down years. They understand its hard to pull in the best talent every year when other college coaches are saying..."don't go to Arkansas b/c they are in trouble with the NCAA", or understand a win is still a frickin win no matter if is is over Ole Miss or LSU.

So the people on here that understand that Houston is not getting it done and actually have facts to back this up don't know anything about college football? It seems to me, that the people who think that some little fairy is going to come into Houston's house and sprinkle good coaching dust on him, and that next year he is going to be able to do something more than the other 7 years when he had 3 classes with at least 2 x's better talent than the team he is going to have next year, don't know anything about college football. By the way, nice job of dodging every point I made except for the beating the Ole Miss point. But since that is the best win all season, that is what all you huggers are hanging their hat's on this year. In all this mess between the huggers and the darksiders, none of the huggers can argue any of the facts that are brought up as to why Nutt should go. Every darksider has facts and figures and stats on their side, you know realism, and all the huggers can go on is "feelings" and "faith" that Nutt is going to wake up next August and somewhere, somehow, learned how to coach. Something that he hasn't been able to do yet. That is realism at its best.

Since when does looking up records or stats and posting them make you knowledgable on college football?? Seems like you are just good and copy and pasting things. If you pull in talent that is rated less than the other teams you are playing against then, you are expected to not be as good. Nutt has done more with less is how I see it. Post all the stats or records you want but if you can't bring in better talent than the people you are playing then you will struggle. And an NCAA investigation DOES make a difference in recruiting. He is being judged on an unfair playing field....

So, when Nutt had top 10 in the country talent at O-line, Secondary, and Linebackers, one of the most gifted athletes in the past decade playing QB, a pretty decent RB tandem, he therefore should not have lost to Auburn, Florida and Ole Miss since we had better talent, right?  Isn't that what you were saying, better talent means you should win?  And we have better talent than Vandy, and South Carolina, but we still lost.  What happened?  And for the umpteenth billion time, someone show me what players we lost due to the "cloud" that made a difference anywhere? 

I thought that coaches were judged based on W's and L's.  Since every other coach in the country is judged based on that playing field, and obviously that doesn't factor into his being judged at the U of A, or he would be gone, I guess he is judged on a "special" playing field.  I bet there are coaches all over the country that would love to be judged on HDN's playing field, that way they could screw around and lose as many games as they want and never worry about being fired.  Oh, I forgot, playcalling AND WINNING are overrated. 

WAAAHHHH!!!   WWAAAHHH!!!  (Sniff, sniff)    MOMIEEE!!
I post, therefor I am.

sowmonella

Bye! You do realize that come next September, RRS will still have 70,000 plus at every home game, Foundation contributions will continue to grow and you'll be back on the board bitching about something. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HogFansReunited

I have a feeling the only way he will be back "bitching" is if the crapy, no good excuse for a coach is still here.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: PiggyBack on November 16, 2005, 04:48:26 pm
Yeah, the huggers try to talk about some ficticious bandwagon that all of us are supposedly jumping off of and I don't get it. "IFYOUDON'TAGREEWITHUSTHENYOUAREN'TAREALFAN" Man, that is getting old.

BTW--Bacon, end this phrase: "You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese ............"

Let's see: "You're gonna end up eating a steady diet of government cheese, canned at the Lindsey dairy farms, with the Frank Broyles Pepper Jack label, and forcefed through an IV made at the "propagandas-r-us" drug supply company until you bounce around and feel "special"'. 

That do okay?

Bacon out...

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

whatsshakinbacon

Nuttsacked is off-line.  Give the man a break.  This is a disheartening season for even the most apathetic of Razorback fans.  Those of us who have little to no confidence in Houston Nutt feel like we've been hit below the belt by this power play going on with Lindsey and JFB.  Admit it....HDN would be gone were he in any of the major programs in our country yet the powers that be think it best to give him another "next year".  In doing so I feel like mediocrity has been rammed down my throat and don't really care for the aftertaste.

I hope we win...Nuttsacked hopes we win, but our best chance of doing so may have just flown out the window in the form of a coaching change opportunity gone unrealized...

Bacon out...

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hawgbawb on November 16, 2005, 08:21:56 pm
If the people who want a change for the better are crybabies, what do you call the people on here who are blindly loyal to a coach who was not loyal to the program when he was a player, was given a 2 yr free pass and proceeded at the end of the first year to tell LSU offer and I will come, and constantly makes bad personnel, time management decisions and then acts like white sox after they won the world series this year after beating Ole Miss, and who took us to this low:

Realists?? They understand college football and understand that every program has down years. They understand its hard to pull in the best talent every year when other college coaches are saying..."don't go to Arkansas b/c they are in trouble with the NCAA", or understand a win is still a frickin win no matter if is is over Ole Miss or LSU.

So the people on here that understand that Houston is not getting it done and actually have facts to back this up don't know anything about college football? It seems to me, that the people who think that some little fairy is going to come into Houston's house and sprinkle good coaching dust on him, and that next year he is going to be able to do something more than the other 7 years when he had 3 classes with at least 2 x's better talent than the team he is going to have next year, don't know anything about college football. By the way, nice job of dodging every point I made except for the beating the Ole Miss point. But since that is the best win all season, that is what all you huggers are hanging their hat's on this year. In all this mess between the huggers and the darksiders, none of the huggers can argue any of the facts that are brought up as to why Nutt should go. Every darksider has facts and figures and stats on their side, you know realism, and all the huggers can go on is "feelings" and "faith" that Nutt is going to wake up next August and somewhere, somehow, learned how to coach. Something that he hasn't been able to do yet. That is realism at its best.

Since when does looking up records or stats and posting them make you knowledgable on college football?? Seems like you are just good and copy and pasting things. If you pull in talent that is rated less than the other teams you are playing against then, you are expected to not be as good. Nutt has done more with less is how I see it. Post all the stats or records you want but if you can't bring in better talent than the people you are playing then you will struggle. And an NCAA investigation DOES make a difference in recruiting. He is being judged on an unfair playing field....

So, when Nutt had top 10 in the country talent at O-line, Secondary, and Linebackers, one of the most gifted athletes in the past decade playing QB, a pretty decent RB tandem, he therefore should not have lost to Auburn, Florida and Ole Miss since we had better talent, right? Isn't that what you were saying, better talent means you should win? And we have better talent than Vandy, and South Carolina, but we still lost. What happened? And for the umpteenth billion time, someone show me what players we lost due to the "cloud" that made a difference anywhere?

I thought that coaches were judged based on W's and L's. Since every other coach in the country is judged based on that playing field, and obviously that doesn't factor into his being judged at the U of A, or he would be gone, I guess he is judged on a "special" playing field. I bet there are coaches all over the country that would love to be judged on HDN's playing field, that way they could screw around and lose as many games as they want and never worry about being fired. Oh, I forgot, playcalling AND WINNING are overrated.

WAAAHHHH!!! WWAAAHHH!!! (Sniff, sniff) MOMIEEE!!

Please everyone note, this is why you don't argue with a hugger.  This is the best response you will EVER HOPE to get.  They don't follow reason, they don't see logic.  They simply see emotion.  Its not a win loss argument.  Its a i showed up argument.  Nutt needs to do nothing more than show up for the game and he is fine in their book.  (Obviously losing over and over again and again has no affect on their rational - see 2005 record).

Its pathetic.  Arguing with them will bring you to the level of this post, nonsense, irrational, and downright retarded.  (Sorry to all the retarded kids i offended).

PiggyBack

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 17, 2005, 12:19:04 am

So, when Nutt had top 10 in the country talent at O-line, Secondary, and Linebackers, one of the most gifted athletes in the past decade playing QB, a pretty decent RB tandem, he therefore should not have lost to Auburn, Florida and Ole Miss since we had better talent, right? Isn't that what you were saying, better talent means you should win? And we have better talent than Vandy, and South Carolina, but we still lost. What happened? And for the umpteenth billion time, someone show me what players we lost due to the "cloud" that made a difference anywhere?

I thought that coaches were judged based on W's and L's. Since every other coach in the country is judged based on that playing field, and obviously that doesn't factor into his being judged at the U of A, or he would be gone, I guess he is judged on a "special" playing field. I bet there are coaches all over the country that would love to be judged on HDN's playing field, that way they could screw around and lose as many games as they want and never worry about being fired. Oh, I forgot, playcalling AND WINNING are overrated.

Please everyone note, this is why you don't argue with a hugger. This is the best response you will EVER HOPE to get. They don't follow reason, they don't see logic. They simply see emotion. Its not a win loss argument. Its a i showed up argument. Nutt needs to do nothing more than show up for the game and he is fine in their book. (Obviously losing over and over again and again has no affect on their rational - see 2005 record).

Its pathetic. Arguing with them will bring you to the level of this post, nonsense, irrational, and downright retarded. (Sorry to all the retarded kids i offended).

Amen!  Nutt Huggers react to facts like Linda Blair to holy water.  It is a complete waste of time trying to talk sense to these "fans."  What other venue in life can you continually accept horrible results but overlook them because you like the worker?

Let's say I worked at Whirlpool and my job was putting the handles on the doors.  If I screwed that job up over and over again but told my boss "I love this place!  This place is special!  I love that Whirlpool logo!"  would that save my job?  NO!  All that matters is production.

I really question the maturity and intelligence of some of these huggers.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: PiggyBack on November 17, 2005, 09:26:28 am

Please everyone note, this is why you don't argue with a hugger. This is the best response you will EVER HOPE to get. They don't follow reason, they don't see logic. They simply see emotion. Its not a win loss argument. Its a i showed up argument. Nutt needs to do nothing more than show up for the game and he is fine in their book. (Obviously losing over and over again and again has no affect on their rational - see 2005 record).

Its pathetic. Arguing with them will bring you to the level of this post, nonsense, irrational, and downright retarded. (Sorry to all the retarded kids i offended).

Amen! Nutt Huggers react to facts like Linda Blair to holy water. It is a complete waste of time trying to talk sense to these "fans." What other venue in life can you continually accept horrible results but overlook them because you like the worker?

Let's say I worked at Whirlpool and my job was putting the handles on the doors. If I screwed that job up over and over again but told my boss "I love this place! This place is special! I love that Whirlpool logo!" would that save my job? NO! All that matters is production.

I noticed that out of all the huggers responses, not one of them even touched on my points. 

Piggy Back, I have got to stop reading this at work.  I just laughed out loud and everyone in my office stopped and just looked at me wondering what the hell is going on. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

PiggyBack

Quote from: dubyacee on November 17, 2005, 09:30:05 am

Amen! Nutt Huggers react to facts like Linda Blair to holy water. It is a complete waste of time trying to talk sense to these "fans." What other venue in life can you continually accept horrible results but overlook them because you like the worker?

Let's say I worked at Whirlpool and my job was putting the handles on the doors. If I screwed that job up over and over again but told my boss "I love this place! This place is special! I love that Whirlpool logo!" would that save my job? NO! All that matters is production.

I noticed that out of all the huggers responses, not one of them even touched on my points.

Piggy Back, I have got to stop reading this at work. I just laughed out loud and everyone in my office stopped and just looked at me wondering what the hell is going on.

Yeah, I've noticed that whenever any "darksiders" point out the facts the huggers tuck tail and run........then the insults start flying.  If the Huggers have their way, someday we can drop our current mascot and just go by the university of arkansas frenchmen.

I'm trying to make light of this nutt hugging otherwise it would drive me crazy....

hogsanity

as I have said before, much of my defensiveness of HDn comes, not from criticism of his play calling, as much as it does from the barage of name calling and character dispersions cast on the man himself, and on those who would even dare have an opinion opposit of those held by people who want him gone. 

If you want him gone, fine, post that, but why does it seem every post concerning that also involves some use of the following words:

idiot, moron, nuttless, worthless, loser, dumb, stupid, and probably 10 others that really should not be posted at all.

And, it really seems those who want him gone can not tolerate the fact that others may not share thier opinion. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on November 17, 2005, 09:46:24 am
as I have said before, much of my defensiveness of HDn comes, not from criticism of his play calling, as much as it does from the barage of name calling and character dispersions cast on the man himself, and on those who would even dare have an opinion opposit of those held by people who want him gone.

If you want him gone, fine, post that, but why does it seem every post concerning that also involves some use of the following words:

idiot, moron, nuttless, worthless, loser, dumb, stupid, and probably 10 others that really should not be posted at all.

And, it really seems those who want him gone can not tolerate the fact that others may not share thier opinion.

Please hogsanity.  Review my posts, you will see i rarely if EVER refer to HDN as an idiot, a moron, stupid, dumb or any of the above.  I WILL refer to his playcalling, clock management, recruiting decisions, and general overal coaching decisions as such.  I am not going to sit by and hold my tounge talking about his ability to coach a D1 program.  However i never attack the man.  I understand he is a good man in your eyes, i have various views on his character, however i never question it in an open board due to my lack of personal interaction with the man.

My problem with the huggers, is that they  have NEVER, NOT ONCE responded to a single argument i have posted forward to defend the retaining of HDN, all i ever get is, SCREW YOU HE IS STAYING.  In one word or another.  You sanity have been one of the main sources of the venom spewed towards the (as some call us) the Darksiders.  We are the "bad guys" for simply wanting more.  For the only reason that we are not satisfied nor content with a 3-6 record, we are labeled and ostracized as the worst people on earth. 

Now i am not making excuses for some of the idiots that do attack HDN on a personal level, however i made that post for one reason, i still have YET to get into an intelligent debate with any huggers who support HDN on reasons to be retained.  And yes i am including my conversations with you. (Although breif as they may be)

PiggyBack

I have taken care not to attack the man's character.  I think Houston Dale is a good man.  He appears to be a christian man with a good moral compass.  These are not the issues we need to discuss, however.  Dale does have a pride issue (don't we all) that won't allow him to admit that he is wrong concerning a myriad of issues within the program.

I reject the notion that whenever we voice our disagreements and disappointments in the man's leadership ability/strategy/playcalling/recruiting we are attacking his character.  This is a smokescreen used by the those who cannot defend Nutt's job performance. 

Nobody wishes any harm on the man.  Nobody wants to denigrate his family or character.  Stop suggesting that when someone uses one of the aforementioned adjectives (from your most recent post) that we are attacking Dale as a person.  To my knowledge, I personally have not used those words to describe nutt as a person but would certainly use those words to describe nutt's performance as a coach.

whatsshakinbacon

Hogsanity.  If I have done this in a fit of rage I was wrong.  I don't think character is the issue.  I think it is ineptness to coach a major division I program.  If he wants to be the CEO he has a chance next year to turn over all the details and be the rah rah man he once was.  To me, every man can improve if they look hard at themselves, acknowledge they are weak in areas (we ALL are) and surround ourselves with people who are good in our weak areas, acknowledging that people who tend to have those strengths do not necessarily mesh well with our personalities.

Bacon out...

WILL CLINTON

Actually the only points I drew attention too, are his loyalty (or lack thereof) to the program, and his coaching related decisions or ineptness at coaching.  I never attack his character.  I do, however, sometimes say that he is a dumbarse, stupid or moronic due to his coaching related decisions.  He may be a very smart man outside of football and he may be saint, I dont know if the answer is yes or no, but I wont stand up and defend him as a good man, but i also wont tear down as being a bad man either. 

I feel a round of Kum-ba-ya coming on. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hawgbawb

Quote from: dubyacee on November 17, 2005, 09:30:05 am

Piggy Back, I have got to stop reading this at work. I just laughed out loud and everyone in my office stopped and just looked at me wondering what the hell is going on.

I have, in the past, made points to refute the Draksiders, ad nauseum.  I will admit that, if this were an election, on this Board, you guys win hands down. It's ususally 3 or 4 aganst one. You guys eventually wear us types down with your endless counterattacks. We "huggers" eventually give up because you guys refuse to judge the man in context.  Let's just agree to disagree.
I post, therefor I am.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hawgbawb on November 17, 2005, 12:03:14 pm
I have, in the past, made points to refute the Draksiders, ad nauseum. I will admit that, if this were an election, on this Board, you guys win hands down. It's ususally 3 or 4 aganst one. You guys eventually wear us types down with your endless counterattacks. We "huggers" eventually give up because you guys refuse to judge the man in context. Let's just agree to disagree.

Uhh, well no you haven't.  I am going to agree to disagree, you have ever argued successfully a single point in why we should keep HDN.  You have never shown one FACT, (main point being fact) that shows HDN should be given another chance.  Emotion and expectations are not facts btw.  But congrats on bowing out, its pretty much what every other Hugger has done so far.

HogsRule

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 17, 2005, 12:11:26 pm
I have, in the past, made points to refute the Draksiders, ad nauseum. I will admit that, if this were an election, on this Board, you guys win hands down. It's ususally 3 or 4 aganst one. You guys eventually wear us types down with your endless counterattacks. We "huggers" eventually give up because you guys refuse to judge the man in context. Let's just agree to disagree.

Uhh, well no you haven't. I am going to agree to disagree, you have ever argued successfully a single point in why we should keep HDN. You have never shown one FACT, (main point being fact) that shows HDN should be given another chance. Emotion and expectations are not facts btw. But congrats on bowing out, its pretty much what every other Hugger has done so far.

You have never shown a single fact that says he should be fired either. We both however have shown facts about how things have gone in the PAST. Your expectations and emotions for the future are no more facts than mine are. They are just guesses, unless of course you do own a crystal ball.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

hogsanity

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 17, 2005, 10:20:00 am

Please hogsanity. Review my posts, you will see i rarely if EVER refer to HDN as an idiot, a moron, stupid, dumb or any of the above. I WILL refer to his playcalling, clock management, recruiting decisions, and general overal coaching decisions as such. I am not going to sit by and hold my tounge talking about his ability to coach a D1 program. However i never attack the man. I understand he is a good man in your eyes, i have various views on his character, however i never question it in an open board due to my lack of personal interaction with the man.

My problem with the huggers, is that they have NEVER, NOT ONCE responded to a single argument i have posted forward to defend the retaining of HDN, all i ever get is, SCREW YOU HE IS STAYING. In one word or another. You sanity have been one of the main sources of the venom spewed towards the (as some call us) the Darksiders. We are the "bad guys" for simply wanting more. For the only reason that we are not satisfied nor content with a 3-6 record, we are labeled and ostracized as the worst people on earth.

Now i am not making excuses for some of the idiots that do attack HDN on a personal level, however i made that post for one reason, i still have YET to get into an intelligent debate with any huggers who support HDN on reasons to be retained. And yes i am including my conversations with you. (Although breif as they may be)

No one in their right mind can look at last year and this and say the job has been acceptable to the FANS.  However, for rreasons you will either agree or disagree with, some of those responsible for hiring or firing him have apparently decided not to do so.  I think there are 2 main reasons for this:

1.  Like it or not, he was most likely given a 2 year pass on the 04 and 05 seasons. 

2.  Unlike most here, I do not think BD was ever that serious of a candidate.  I am sure he has interest in the job, but i bet he has interest in others as well. 

I fully believe, if BD had told the school, " I want this job, and I will stay for the entire length of my contract" he would ALREADY have been named HC, an interim would have coached the last 3 games and BD would be out recruting.  With BD out of the picture, JFB made a few calls and found no coach of any name or Rep was interested and so it was decided, grudgingly by some, that it was better to give HDN, with some staff changes, a nother year, as opposed to looking to another relative no name to right the ship. 

The SEC is no place for an unkown to try to make a name.  I realize that means the HIRING of HDn was a mistake to begin with, and that may be, but why make the same mistake twice?

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.   
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: HogsRule on November 17, 2005, 02:05:44 pm

Uhh, well no you haven't. I am going to agree to disagree, you have ever argued successfully a single point in why we should keep HDN. You have never shown one FACT, (main point being fact) that shows HDN should be given another chance. Emotion and expectations are not facts btw. But congrats on bowing out, its pretty much what every other Hugger has done so far.

You have never shown a single fact that says he should be fired either. We both however have shown facts about how things have gone in the PAST. Your expectations and emotions for the future are no more facts than mine are. They are just guesses, unless of course you do own a crystal ball.

Ok so let me get this straight, we should never use past facts as a basis for firing a coach?  Well i apologize but i disagree, i believe the past actions of a coach are ALL you can base your firing of a coach on, not the so called "expectations".  I can give you one current fact that state HDN should be fired.

Last time a coach with back to back losing seasons which was not fired, 1935.  That was oh 70 YEARS ago.  HDN has a losing record in the SEC, and a losing record against teams with a winning percentage.  Those are FACTS my friend.  Expectations are great, BUT if you go on facts there is nothing to show that HDN will do ANY better next year.  Thats my point. 

But if no one can use facts of the past to fire a coach, there should never be a coach fired.  Cause everything that has happened is in the past.

That post by the way does not make much sense, sorry to have to point that out.  Can't use past examples to fire someone? What?

I guess what i am trying to say, is that if USC (South Cal) were to play Temple tomorrow, i would PREDICT based on PAST RECORDS that USC would win.  I would probably be right too.  Temple is 0-9 or something like that, and USC is 9-0.  Those give me a pretty good idea of what would happen.  I am doing the same things with HDN.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on November 17, 2005, 02:20:24 pm

No one in their right mind can look at last year and this and say the job has been acceptable to the FANS. However, for rreasons you will either agree or disagree with, some of those responsible for hiring or firing him have apparently decided not to do so. I think there are 2 main reasons for this:

1. Like it or not, he was most likely given a 2 year pass on the 04 and 05 seasons.

2. Unlike most here, I do not think BD was ever that serious of a candidate. I am sure he has interest in the job, but i bet he has interest in others as well.

I fully believe, if BD had told the school, " I want this job, and I will stay for the entire length of my contract" he would ALREADY have been named HC, an interim would have coached the last 3 games and BD would be out recruting. With BD out of the picture, JFB made a few calls and found no coach of any name or Rep was interested and so it was decided, grudgingly by some, that it was better to give HDN, with some staff changes, a nother year, as opposed to looking to another relative no name to right the ship.

The SEC is no place for an unkown to try to make a name. I realize that means the HIRING of HDn was a mistake to begin with, and that may be, but why make the same mistake twice?

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

So let me get this straight.  You Think a lot of things about HDN and his reasons to be retained.  I was not asking for Think answers, i was asking to why you believe he should be retained.  Still missing the point i see.  This was my whole complaint and reason for my post. 

If you are saying keep HDN because you "Think" we can't get a better coach, you are mistaken.  We can get a big name coach, and hell Butch has pretty much confirmed that he is interested.  Don't undersell the ability of Frank to lure a big name coach to the University.  We can do better. 

Whoever sold you on this "We are not good enough to do better" needs to be shot, because you are mistaken.  We are the FREAKING HOGS!  We have some of the best facilities and fans in the nation.  We CAN DO BETTER.

HawgWyld

as I have said before, much of my defensiveness of HDn comes, not from criticism of his play calling, as much as it does from the barage of name calling and character dispersions cast on the man himself...

So, it's okay to point out he's a rotten coach, but not okay to mention he's also a reprehensible, self-serving liar? Aww, what's the fun in that?

HawgWyld

Quote from: HogsRule on November 16, 2005, 05:47:10 pm
4 seasons. You mean the first 4? Frankly I am proud that we are not like the Nebraskas of the world who pull a coach because they have no patience. I respect the loyalty we have shown to a coach who pulled us from 8 years of being nobodies to competing with the best teams. I gladly give him next year to turn it around in thanks for the years ( sometimes parts of years ) where I was proud again to be a hog fan. That being said- Next year better be pretty damn good.

Since when did Nutt make us competitive with the "best" teams in the SEC? Under Boxcar Nutt, the Hogs have had exactly two winning seasons in the SEC, three break-even ones and we're headed for a third losing season in the conference. Not exactly the mark of a competitive club, is it?

wincrimson

Atta way to bow out on your team when the going gets tough. Frikkin fairweather fans...

I pull for AR when they are not playing 'Bama, and I agree that HDN must go. But fans shouldn't...

HogsRule

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on November 17, 2005, 05:01:26 pm
Quote from: HogsRule on November 17, 2005, 02:05:44 pm

Ok so let me get this straight, we should never use past facts as a basis for firing a coach? Well i apologize but i disagree, i believe the past actions of a coach are ALL you can base your firing of a coach on, not the so called "expectations". I can give you one current fact that state HDN should be fired.

Last time a coach with back to back losing seasons which was not fired, 1935. That was oh 70 YEARS ago. HDN has a losing record in the SEC, and a losing record against teams with a winning percentage. Those are FACTS my friend. Expectations are great, BUT if you go on facts there is nothing to show that HDN will do ANY better next year. Thats my point.

But if no one can use facts of the past to fire a coach, there should never be a coach fired. Cause everything that has happened is in the past.

That post by the way does not make much sense, sorry to have to point that out. Can't use past examples to fire someone? What?

I guess what i am trying to say, is that if USC (South Cal) were to play Temple tomorrow, i would PREDICT based on PAST RECORDS that USC would win. I would probably be right too. Temple is 0-9 or something like that, and USC is 9-0. Those give me a pretty good idea of what would happen. I am doing the same things with HDN.

My point is that you are using past examples to guess at what will happen in the future. Well so do I. You choose to focus on 25% of the man's career and say that it will never get better. I choose to focus on the 75% where most years we had a shot to win the west. I call that competitive. I choose to focus on the way he turned the program around from the tailspin it was in in 98. I see positives in the future of this young team. Yes, its not perfect, but I don't see any better options. I know that Houston will turn it around next year, I don't know what will happen if we go on a coaching search. The risk is not worth it. And before you say it, Butch Davis has done nothing in the PAST to prove he could get it done here.
**Judgement on coaches withheld pending further information**

No Hate Zone

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: HogsRule on November 22, 2005, 09:34:47 am
My point is that you are using past examples to guess at what will happen in the future. Well so do I. You choose to focus on 25% of the man's career and say that it will never get better. I choose to focus on the 75% where most years we had a shot to win the west. I call that competitive. I choose to focus on the way he turned the program around from the tailspin it was in in 98.I see positives in the future of this young team. Yes, its not perfect, but I don't see any better options. I know that Houston will turn it around next year, I don't know what will happen if we go on a coaching search. The risk is not worth it. And before you say it, Butch Davis has done nothing in the PAST to prove he could get it done here.

Turned it around from the tailspin?  Where is it now? 

I look at the years he was competitive, however he has never risen above that, nor shown me anything that gives me pause to think he would rise above that.  Its been too long to not get some answers.  Also his decision making, or that of his staff, has been marginal at best.  I am not talking about just one thing, i am talking about in recruiting, in playcalling, and in game management, player depth charts.  I am not just frustrated with one thing, i am frustrated with a LOT of things.

Flatline

Nutt has had two winning seasons in the SEC.  His best year was with Fords players.  How can we not recruit great players.  Ford had some terrible teams but got talent on the hill.  There has been some great players in Arkansas history long before we had nice facilities and before NWA turned into the great area that it is today. You sir are clueless.