Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scholarships and eligibility question

Started by Huds_HawgTide, July 24, 2015, 04:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huds_HawgTide

Lets say hypothetically that juan day cant make it back from injury...isnt there a waiver from ncaa that allows us to honor our scholarship but him not be on team or count towards the 85? Seems this happened before...im just not sure 2 yrs in a row with the type of injuries he had that he will be able to make it back...but it sure would suck if that meant he loses scholarship money to further his education or if it meant we waste a scholly spot...if they knew for sure he was done right now i could see this staff taking a stab at the back that didnt meet reqyirements to wisconsin...if they think day can make it back and contribute moving forward, then my thinking would be go all out to get whaley and white
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Huds_HawgTide

Sorry for bad spelling...on a ladder waiting for more thin set
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

ricepig

Yes, it's a medical scholarship, you keep your scholarship, but don't count against the 85. We've had guys before that had to go that route, Brignoni had to due to his back.

Huds_HawgTide

And the wide reciever from shiloh too if im correct
tommy boy

NLRHog92

deedster84

OK. for for my strange question. Mixon from OU Sooners was suspended from all football activities for laying out a female. Did he take a redshirt during that year? Does it count against his 4 years of eligibility? Or does he have only 3 years left? Hope someone can enlighten me on the situation. Thank in advance.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

If I understand it right Mixon will have 4 yrs to play with no possible redshirt from now on

jseinfeld50

Colby Berna (shoulder) from the BP era.