Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elite DT talking fall visit to the Hill

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 13, 2015, 11:51:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jb11

It used to be a dream to get this highly rated, out of state prospect to show interest. Now one is wanting to visit. It still might be a dream to sign one like this, but we are moving in the right direction, and I believe we have the staff that can sell the UA to them.

Go Hogs!

Ā 

bjeffersonhog

Every year we say if we can get them on campus we have a shot.  Well it looks like this is the year we are going to get several high profile recruits on campus to visit.  Not only will we have the #3 DT coming to visit.. we also have the #1 DT planning to visit, and he has a lot of family influence in Arkansas trying to persuade him to come here.  Imagine if BB and RS somehow convince both of them to come along with Agim.  While I know that is a longshot.... it would be way easier to recruit the secondary and linebackers.  If I were a high profile corner, I would want to play with a defensive line that was constantly causing havoc for the QB.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on July 13, 2015, 02:13:39 pm
Every year we say if we can get them on campus we have a shot.  Well it looks like this is the year we are going to get several high profile recruits on campus to visit.  Not only will we have the #3 DT coming to visit.. we also have the #1 DT planning to visit, and he has a lot of family influence in Arkansas trying to persuade him to come here.  Imagine if BB and RS somehow convince both of them to come along with Agim.  While I know that is a longshot.... it would be way easier to recruit the secondary and linebackers.  If I were a high profile corner, I would want to play with a defensive line that was constantly causing havoc for the QB.
I totally agree! If you're going to be the best you obviously have to be able to attract the highest level of talent. Besides, if one is going to dream big he might as well shoot for the stars. Landing only a couple of these kids would definitely make a huge difference over the next several years. Go get 'em Bret and staff!!

jgphillips3

If we start landing guys like this, the greatest years of Razorback football are no longer behind us, but are indeed ahead of us.

HogWall Jackson

Dominicanhog

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on July 13, 2015, 02:13:39 pm

who is the #1 DT .... saw it mentioned, but didn't catch the name... also, do you know the top ranked safety that want's to visit?

greenie

Quote from: Dominicanhog on July 14, 2015, 12:37:49 pm
who is the #1 DT .... saw it mentioned, but didn't catch the name... also, do you know the top ranked safety that want's to visit?

I'm guessing here, but I think this is right:

Safety = Brandon Jones
http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Jones-36759

D Lineman = Dexter Lawrence
http://247sports.com/Player/Dexter-Lawrence-34818

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

deedster84

We're shooting for that 1A 2A and 3A Dline rotation.

HogWildBison2011

Lawrence would be awesome.. Whats funny is we already have a Neville DT on roster named Demarcus Hodge. It would be awesome to get him to take Hodge's place with him being a RS SR.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 13, 2015, 04:49:25 pm
If we start landing guys like this, the greatest years of Razorback football are no longer behind us, but are indeed ahead of us.

We already have guys on campus that are as good as these guys... Kind calls out to kind. We're seeing the progression. CBP proved that you could still get highly rated athletes to Arkansas. CBB and his defensive staff are proving it on defense too. We are definitely seeing the effects of this staffs recruiting prowess.
1st they did what they did well.
2nd they got out into the media and got Arkansas' name out there.
3rd they started winning their way.
Step 4 is reaping the efforts on the recruiting field and the rest will follow.

If this staff can stay together they will do something great here at Arkansas. I just hope we as a people can win them "all" over and make them lifetime Razorbacks.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.