Pigsfeat

I'll be very happy when he commits to the Hogs! ;D
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

MS_HogFan

SOOIE

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

WildRazorback

Quote from: lefty08 on July 10, 2015, 11:08:18 pm
Is he the next 1 to decide?

I think he is looking at a September announcement.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hawgmasta

Man he would flourish in Robb Smith's defense. Come on home to the hogs Agim!

hogoffate

If he were to verbally commit in September, that would be a huge early Christmas present for the whole state of Arkansas. If he signs on the dotted line on NSD, that would give peace of mind.

Hope the scenario doesn't play out like last year's top in-state recruit.

I really like him and hope we get him.  We need him.
:razorback: :razorback:

secneahog

Quote from: hogoffate on July 11, 2015, 07:22:40 am
If he were to verbally commit in September, that would be a huge early Christmas present for the whole state of Arkansas. If he signs on the dotted line on NSD, that would give peace of mind.

Hope the scenario doesn't play out like last year's top in-state recruit.

I really like him and hope we get him.  We need him.
:razorback: :razorback:

To be fair Cj  Ogrady was the #1 instate rated guy. But i know who you are talking about. Agim sounds like a very solid character guy and family.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

LJHOG

Quote from: hawgmasta on July 11, 2015, 04:28:41 am
Man he would flourish in Robb Smith's defense. Come on home to the hogs Agim!
He'll flourish in anyone's defense.  That's why I hope he's a Hog. 

Hawgzinbowlz

Too quick for Pollard.

Take your time McTelvin...make the right decision...and be a Hog.  :razorback:

" GO HOGS "

HogFoo

Agim looked great. pollard kid didn't have a chance. Agim was way to quick for him.  Will make me very happy when he commits to the hogs.  I was reading today's Demmazette and from the bits in their it sounds like he may be a silent commit.  It was talking about a kid from Louisanna we were recruiting. he went to same school as Henre tolliver and we already had the big DLineman committed from that school and there was a top3 CB that was thinking of coming for a visit.  It said that Agim was talking to him about how good of a school Arkansas was and how well he'd like it and such.  So, to me that sounds like someone who is trying to help recruit for the Hogs.  I don't know why hewouldnt just go ahead and make it public though.  Cuz that would really help with recruiting getting a big time kid like that. 

I look forward to him being a hog though.  Looks like a taller version of Philon. Same quickness.  I could easily see him adding more weight and moving inside.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 12, 2015, 11:31:53 am
Too quick for Pollard.

Take your time McTelvin...make the right decision...and be a Hog.  :razorback:

" GO HOGS "

Agim is good, but Pollard is an Offensive Guard, and Offensive Guards aren't used to blocking Defensive Ends.  In one-on-one situations such as The Opening, it would probably be best to have just Offensive Tackles against Defensive Ends.

With that said, after Pollard arrives to Clemson, he probably won't play for Clemson for at least one season (they like to redshirt their OL their Freshman season, in fact, they redshirt a ton of their players their Freshman season).

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 13, 2015, 05:17:46 pm
Agim is good, but Pollard is an Offensive Guard, and Offensive Guards aren't used to blocking Defensive Ends.  In one-on-one situations such as The Opening, it would probably be best to have just Offensive Tackles against Defensive Ends.

With that said, after Pollard arrives to Clemson, he probably won't play for Clemson for at least one season (they like to redshirt their OL their Freshman season, in fact, they redshirt a ton of their players their Freshman season).

I hope he never sees a stunt then......

GoHogs1091

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2015, 05:24:50 pm
I hope he never sees a stunt then......

With their Offensive scheme/philosophy, it doesn't really matter if there are Defensive stunts.  If an opposing Defensive End gets loose via a stunt, then their QB takes off.  It is probably one of the reasons why they use a Dual-Threat QB who can pass and run.

A high quality Dual-Threat QB takes a lot of the responsibility off of the Offensive Linemen.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 13, 2015, 05:38:07 pm
With their Offensive scheme/philosophy, it doesn't really matter if there are Defensive stunts.  If an opposing Defensive End gets loose via a stunt, then their QB takes off.  It is probably one of the reasons why they use a Dual-Threat QB who can pass and run.

A high quality Dual-Threat QB takes a lot of the responsibility off of the Offensive Linemen.

Lol, why are you here again, Wapner off?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: ricepig on July 13, 2015, 05:42:31 pm
Lol, why are you here again, Wapner off?

As a whole over the last few years, Defensive stunting has been negated by QBs who can run, and by pass plays that get the ball out of the QB's hand quickly.  Teams like Oklahoma, Baylor, Clemson, and Auburn particularly utilize a pass play in which the QB turns quickly and throws a pass out to the outside to a WR.  The pass is almost a lateral pass.

That type of a quick pass has basically become a run the ball type of play for those 4 teams.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 13, 2015, 05:52:58 pm
As a whole over the last few years, Defensive stunting has been negated by QBs who can run, and by pass plays that get the ball out of the QB's hand quickly.  Teams like Oklahoma, Baylor, Clemson, and Auburn particularly utilize a pass play in which the QB turns quickly and throws a pass out to the outside to a WR.  The pass is almost a lateral pass.

That type of a quick pass has basically become a run the ball type of play for those 4 teams.

Wow, I didn't know that, do you coach football? And when it is 3rd and long, how many run this pass play?

MissippHog

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 13, 2015, 05:52:58 pm

But how would Brent Venables defend it? 

Oklahawg

Quote from: MissippHog on July 13, 2015, 11:09:50 pm
But how would Brent Venables defend it? 
Venables still sees Baylor WR running by OU DBs and LBs.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RebelW

Has he made and indicator when he might announce his VC? He's a5 star with all the offers you could ask for.. Might as well call CBB and get his unwavering identity started!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on July 13, 2015, 05:38:07 pm

I would rather recruit responsible linemen...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.