Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 wish list

Started by GalaHawg, July 09, 2015, 09:51:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GalaHawg

July 09, 2015, 09:51:14 am Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:09:23 am by GalaHawg
After reading RD's updates, it seems like we may have realistic shots these guys...

1. Devin White - RB (we are in his top-10 and high probability for an official visit)
2. Jeffrey McCulloch - LB (likes Coach Hargreves and high probability for an official visit)
3. McTelvin Agim - DE (I think he is ours to lose)
4. Garett Bolles - OT (likes Coach Pittman a lot and high probability for an official visit)
5. Devwah Whaley or Damarea Crockett - RB (in top-5 for Devwah, will visit offcially, Crockett is ours to lose as long as he improves his test scores)
6. Kristian Fulton or Eric Cuffee - CB (Fulton is interested given he has teammates on the team and committed in his ear; Cuffee seems less interested but there is a chance he may visit)
7. Jordan Carmouche or Deontre Hardwick - LB (Carmouche was very hot on the Hogs early on, cooled down a little bit but I believe he will still visit; if not Deontre is ours to lose as long as he makes the grades)
8. Denzel Okafor - OG (Both sides may have cooled a little; new names may emerge at OG - but for now he is the most likely candidate on board)
9. Calvin Bundage or Deon Edwards - S (We have the Austin Cantrell factor going for us for Bundage; if not Edwards is hot on Hogs)
10. Isiah Graham or Tyrie Cleveland - WR (if they decide to take another WR, these two would be the ones to go after - both seem eager to visit Arkansas)

hawginbigd1

I can dig it, I just don't feel like there is much of a shot at #6, just a gut thing though. :razorback:

greenie

This is a very good list (you obviously know more than me), but in the spirit of Hogville, I'll also put in my 2 cents.

1. Dev Whaley RB - I still like him best as a feature back.  He's not the physical freak that White is, but he's very skilled, highly elusive, and played against very good competition.  I give us about a 25% chance of getting him.
2. McTelvin Agim DE - another in-state recruit for CBB that he doesn't want to lose.  90% Hogs.
3. Garett Bolles OT - I think Pittman closes this one.  90% Hogs
4. Devin White RB - Very big and very fast.  In all likelihood, he'll be a standout RB in college.  Sounds like we have some in-roads with him, but I'm still doubtful.  If we have a great season, and AC goes pro, I think we'll have a much better shot.  I don't get the attraction to LSU...their backfield is already crowded with some very good talent.  50% Hog
5. Kristian Fulton, Eric Cuffee, Tyrone Mahone, or Kiondre Thomas CB - any one of these guys would be great, but I don't think we have much of a chance right now with either Fulton or Cuffee.  Fulton does have Guidry in his ear, so that might help.  30% Fulton, 5% Cuffee, 90% Mahone, 90% Thomas
6. Jordan Carmouche LB - we've been on him for a long time, but seems to have faded some.  60%
7. <insert name> OG/OT - I'd like to get another OG or OT.  The way Pittman/Bielema move guys around on the line, I'm not sure it matters whether it's OG or OT.  Okafor would be a solid get.  100% we get another OL
8. Isaiah Simmons S - good physical tools and showed out at camp.  Since we probably have no chance at Brandon Jones and not sure about Calvin Bundage.  Looks like we could use at least 1 S in this class, so they'll probably find one.  60% Simmons, 0% Jones, ??% Bundage
9. Isiah Graham or Tyrie Cleveland WR - like them both.  Either would do nicely.  As we're seeing from his performance at The Opening, Cleveland is very athletic.  I think we have a much better chance at Graham.  70% Graham, 20% Cleveland
10. Damarea Crockett RB - If we don't get both Whaley and White, which is likely, Crockett is a nice get.

ldfergu

What test scores are you referring to for Crockett?

trashcan maN

White told RD today that we will make his Final 5. Top 5 for Whaley and White..I'll take it.

NLRHog92

Not sure how much of a shot we have but RD said S Brandon Jones looks to visit very soon, so ya never know. I like Edwards at S too. Surprised we're not on more names at that position.

WildRazorback

Guys, don't forget about Scott Lashley at tackle. I think he is very interested.

greenie

Quote from: WildRazorback on July 09, 2015, 03:29:35 pm
Guys, don't forget about Scott Lashley at tackle. I think he is very interested.

I hope you're right.  He's a solid tackle.

hawgwash

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 09, 2015, 02:28:25 pm
White told RD today that we will make his Final 5. Top 5 for Whaley and White..I'll take it.
You may have seen something additional about top 5, but it was top 10 that RD was reporting on earlier.

secneahog

Getting a official from Dexter Lawrence would be big.

You guys don't want to see my top 10 wish list. I'll say this...Agim would be #1 and crockett wouldn't get a mention. 

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

hawgmasta

If we get could get half of that top ten this would be one of the greatest classes ever when added to what we already have committed.

jackflash

1 Cleveland WR           
2White RB
3Jones S
4 Agim DE
5 Crockett RB
6 Bolles OL
7 Carmouche LB
8 Simmons S
9 Lawrence DL
10 Thomas CB

duckman

1. White
2. Agim
3. White
4. Agim
5. White
6. Agim
7. White
8. Agim
9. White
10. Agim

Honorable mention:  White, Agim

WBOBO

Might want to put John Tate Jr.  on the list.  He already has offers from Ole Miss
and Miss. St.  I really don't think Arkansas needs to make the same mistake twice from this family.  His daddy is the all time scorer for Arkansas State and in his senior year played Arkansas at Barnhill in the NIT.  Had he not caught cramps in the last five minutes of the game he would have single handedly beaten the Hogs in that game.  Frank Broyles was so mad he left the arena at
halftime.  I don't want a Pine Bluff Zebra defensive end who has the talent, desire, and heart to be a Razorback get snubbed and go play on a SEC rival team.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

ricepig

Quote from: WBOBO on July 12, 2015, 03:48:25 pm
Might want to put John Tate Jr.  on the list.  He already has offers from Ole Miss
and Miss. St.  I really don't think Arkansas needs to make the same mistake twice from this family.  His daddy is the all time scorer for Arkansas State and in his senior year played Arkansas at Barnhill in the NIT.  Had he not caught cramps in the last five minutes of the game he would have single handedly beaten the Hogs in that game.  Frank Broyles was so mad he left the arena at
halftime.  I don't want a Pine Bluff Zebra defensive end who has the talent, desire, and heart to be a Razorback get snubbed and go play on a SEC rival team.

He'd have to get an offer first, have you seen him play?

jgphillips3

Quote from: duckman on July 11, 2015, 05:19:48 pm
1. White
2. Agim
3. White
4. Agim
5. White
6. Agim
7. White
8. Agim
9. White
10. Agim

Before I read your post, this was what I was going to post. 

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: WBOBO on July 12, 2015, 03:48:25 pm
I don't want a Pine Bluff Zebra defensive end who has the talent, desire, and heart to be a Razorback get snubbed and go play on a SEC rival team.

Since he hasn't made it to a camp this year to earn an offer, I wouldn't say he has the desire or heart to be a hog. Not anymore than any other kid at least.

IBleedRazorbackRed

My realistic wish list/prediction list

RB
1. Devin White or Devwah Whaley
2. D'Vaughn Pennamon or Damarea Crockett

WR
3. Isaiah Graham

OL
4. Garrett Bolles or Dwayne Wallace
5. Scott Lashley or Denzel Okafor

DL
6. McTelvin Agim

LB
7. Jordan Carmouche
8. Dontavious Jackson

CB
9. Kiondre Thomas

S
10. Deon Edwards

ricepig

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 12, 2015, 05:37:14 pm
My realistic wish list/prediction list

RB
1. Devin White or Devwah Whaley
2. D'Vaughn Pennamon or Damarea Crockett

WR
3. Isaiah Graham

OL
4. Garrett Bolles or Dwayne Wallace
5. Scott Lashley or Denzel Okafor

DL
6. McTelvin Agim

LB
7. Jordan Carmouche
8. Dontavious Jackson

CB
9. Kiondre Thomas

S
10. Deon Edwards

Pretty sure RD said Dontavious Jackson has eliminated us, not that we can't keep wishing.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: ricepig on July 12, 2015, 05:41:06 pm
Pretty sure RD said Dontavious Jackson has eliminated us, not that we can't keep wishing.

Missed that. Thanks. I think we need 4 linebackers this class, but its gonna be hard for us to get a solid 4.

ricepig

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 12, 2015, 05:46:18 pm
Missed that. Thanks. I think we need 4 linebackers this class, but its gonna be hard for us to get a solid 4.

I went back and reread it, he hasn't officially eliminated us, but RD didn't think a visit was "promising."

WBOBO

You may be right.  But if Coach B spent  30 minutes with him
I would be shocked  if he didn't offer.  He's about to head to an LSU camp
and I'm sure he will be offered.

ricepig

Quote from: WBOBO on July 12, 2015, 07:23:33 pm
You may be right.  But if Coach B spent  30 minutes with him
I would be shocked  if he didn't offer.  He's about to head to an LSU camp
and I'm sure he will be offered.

They've been to PB to see all the kids this spring, a few came up to camp.

WildRazorback

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on July 12, 2015, 05:46:18 pm

What about Michael Divinity? Teammate of Dejon Harris. Maybe we are still in the running with him.

WBOBO

ok ricepig.  I trust your opinion sir.  I just coached Torri Hunter in Little League.
Go ask Bruce Maxwell what he thinks.  If your call sign is rice you must be
close to Pine Bluff.  Go to Jordan Stadium and watch this kid.  He's a man.

ricepig

Quote from: WBOBO on July 12, 2015, 08:11:31 pm
ok ricepig.  I trust your opinion sir.  I just coached Torri Hunter in Little League.
Go ask Bruce Maxwell what he thinks.  If your call sign is rice you must be
close to Pine Bluff.  Go to Jordan Stadium and watch this kid.  He's a man.

I've watched him a couple of times, both in football and basketball. In my opinion, we'll have to strike out on some guys we have rated higher. I don't give out offers, so in the end it doesn't matter what you or I think.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Wonder if Tates offer to Ole Miss is committable?  It really has been quiet about him since last year.

Rockhawg

1. McTelvin Agim DE
2. Devin White    RB
3.Tyrie Cleveland WR
4. Scott Lashley  OT
5. Brandon Jones  S
6.Kristian Fulton   CB
7.Dwayne Wallace OG
8.Jeffrey McCulloch LB
9.Damarea Crockett RB
10.Dexter Lawrence DT
11.Garett Bolles  OT
12.Kiondre Thomas  CB

ZERO

According to RD, we made Cuffee's final eight. So, there's a pretty good chance we could get one his his officials if we just beat out three of the other schools on his list.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Rockhawg on July 12, 2015, 09:11:16 pm
1. McTelvin Agim DE
2. Devin White    RB
3.Tyrie Cleveland WR
4. Scott Lashley  OT
5. Brandon Jones  S
6.Kristian Fulton   CB
7.Dwayne Wallace OG
8.Jeffrey McCulloch LB
9.Damarea Crockett RB
10.Dexter Lawrence DT
11.Garett Bolles  OT
12.Kiondre Thomas  CB
I like the heck out of this list, i would personally move Fulton up to 4, but your top 3 are spot on IMO, especially after watching Cleveland this weekend! He is a man! Think AJ Green.

RebelW

What happens at RB if none of those 3 comit to the UofA

lefty08

Quote from: RebelW on July 18, 2015, 09:56:07 pm
What happens at RB if none of those 3 comit to the UofA

The sky will fall and we will never win another game
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

RebelW

What I'm saying is, is there any other RB's they are looking at for back ups

redeye

Quote from: RebelW on July 18, 2015, 11:40:34 pm

I'm sure they have a long list of names.

yraciv

Random question, but is Tyrone Mahone related to the rest of the Mahone clan that were star athletes the last 10 years in Northwest Arkansas?  I don't want to falsely identify this young man with the rest of them, but there have been a couple solid Mahone's play football in Northwest Arkansas and most of them ended behind bars. 

IBleedRazorbackRed

Yes

Pig in the Pokey

1. White
2. Agim
3. White
4. Agim
5. White
6. Agim
7. White
8. Agim
9. White
10. Agim

Cleveland
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hawgXi

1. White
2. Agim
3. White
4. Agim
5. White
6. Agim
7. White
8. Agim
9. White
10. Agim

you nailed duckman!

get these two & filling the rest of the slots with any combination will result in a spectacular recruiting class.

jjdlc

One thing of note, I was curious, so I went and looked at the RB ratings on 247.  This is a bit of a down year in terms of RB.  Zero 5*s, and only 15 4*s at this point.  Compared to last year which had 2 5*s, and 26 4*s.  The coaching staff may be waiting till the season gets started to evaluate and offer some new names.  There always a couple guys who blow up during their senior season.

duckman

Quote from: jjdlc on July 19, 2015, 11:08:07 am
One thing of note, I was curious, so I went and looked at the RB ratings on 247.  This is a bit of a down year in terms of RB.  Zero 5*s, and only 15 4*s at this point.  Compared to last year which had 2 5*s, and 26 4*s.  The coaching staff may be waiting till the season gets started to evaluate and offer some new names.  There always a couple guys who blow up during their senior season.

Services suck, White is a 6*....