Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sonoma

Started by Flying Razorback, June 28, 2015, 02:41:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Razorback

I used to hate the two road course races.  But we have seen some exciting finishes and racing at both for the past 5-6 years.

I've listened all week about how all the radio hosts love it now too.  They talked about how much the double file restart added to the racing, and how most of the drivers in the series are much better than they used to be.

But I think they left out one real reason for the great racing the past 5 or so years.  Marcos Ambrose.  I think we're going to miss having him on track today.

With that being said, these first 14 laps haven't been that great yet.  We will see how it goes.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

Well....

So much for starting David Gilliland.  Nothing like having the p43 as one of your fantasy drivers...

Flying Razorback

And there goes Truex, at least he's had a great run so far.  He'll still be a force in the Chase.

Flying Razorback

Wow.  I might have one of my worst Fantasy days in a long time.  And that's saying something since I've had some pretty bad days lately.

Allmendinger with the hood up in the pits.  Gilliland finishing last.  Glad I left Truex Jr. on the bench or else I'd have the last 3 drivers all at once.

Flying Razorback

I can never keep up with all the strategies and pit stops.  As soon as I get excited that someone is in the top 5 or something, I find out they're really going to finish 23rd or worse.

It's amazing there are so few cautions in these races.  I think that's what makes the strategy plays the way to win the race.  Again, I would blame the awesome skill of all the drivers.

Flying Razorback

Caution with less than 40 to go!

This means that those who were doing the two stop race (Edwards, J. Johnson, and others) won't automatically win based on strategy.  Now everyone will be good to the end and restarting bunched up.

Flying Razorback

Ha.

This is just ridiculous for me and fantasy at this point.

Gordon is stuck in the pits getting work done under his car.  3 of my starters are either going to be wrecked or a ton of laps down.  And there's still 36 laps to go for my 4th starter, Bowyer, to wreck out.

I might be giving up the fantasy crown this year.

Racinray

Where is everyone at that usually post in here?

Flying Razorback

So every race segment Harvick and those around him race up to the top 5 to lead the race.  And then the guys who pit from the back stay out and take the lead.

Then these guys all pass those guys after 30 to 40 on track.  Another caution.  And the guys from the back take the front again.

Jimmie Johnson may win this race.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on June 28, 2015, 04:30:21 pm
Where is everyone at that usually post in here?

No clue.  They might not be enjoying this race that much.  The strategy is giving me a headache.

Flying Razorback

55 and 19 in the wall.

2 more highly picked fantasy drivers.  Both on my bench, out of the race.

Flying Razorback

Going to be a long caution.  They knocked those concrete walls pretty far out of whack.

Racinray

Has the 55 hit everyone yet? ;D

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on June 28, 2015, 04:36:57 pm
Has the 55 hit everyone yet? ;D

That one was karma coming back to get him.

I think he knew he had a good car today, he's always raced competitive here, and he was bound and determined to stay up front.

He just raced too hard today.

Flying Razorback

It's going to be tough for anyone besides Johnson, Kyle, or Bowyer to win.

Less than 19 to go.

Johnson has it in the bag.

Racinray

Like the 48 or not, but the guy wins.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on June 28, 2015, 05:11:59 pm
Like the 48 or not, but the guy wins.

NASCAR has extended this caution long enough to make sure Jimmie Johnson has enough gas for the finish.

They're up there cleaning turn 1 just because Knaus told them to when the wreck and fluid were out of turn 11 and Mears didn't make it anywhere near.

DeWayne R

When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

TheRazorback500

From the hospital to Victory Lane. Congrats to Kyle and his bro. Bowyer didn't quite have it. Good run for Hornish.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on June 28, 2015, 02:51:27 pm
Well....

So much for starting David Gilliland.  Nothing like having the p43 as one of your fantasy drivers...

I had Kurt, Bowyer, Gordon and Gilliland. Could have had a great fantasy day if it were not for Gilliland.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 28, 2015, 06:16:58 pm
I had Kurt, Bowyer, Gordon and Gilliland. Could have had a great fantasy day if it were not for Gilliland.

I decided to sit Kyle because I was afraid his legs wouldn't hold up and he'd make a mistake.  I left Kurt out this week to try and save some starts.

At one point it looked good having AJ, Gordon, and Bowyer.  Gilliland has been strong there before and dominated the place in other series.  On well.  Road courses are wild cards.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on June 28, 2015, 10:01:51 pm
I decided to sit Kyle because I was afraid his legs wouldn't hold up and he'd make a mistake.  I left Kurt out this week to try and save some starts.

At one point it looked good having AJ, Gordon, and Bowyer.  Gilliland has been strong there before and dominated the place in other series.  On well.  Road courses are wild cards.

Wonder how many of us are going to be in the same soon once we run out of quality B drivers ? I don't have many starts left with Truex, Kurt B, Edwards and some others. Sure wish Bowyer and a few others would get their crap together on the ovals.

riccoar

I had Gordon, AJ, Edwards, and Gilliand.  What the heck happened to Said at these road courses?  Is he just not getting quality rides on these courses anymore?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on June 29, 2015, 08:06:41 am
Wonder how many of us are going to be in the same soon once we run out of quality B drivers ? I don't have many starts left with Truex, Kurt B, Edwards and some others. Sure wish Bowyer and a few others would get their crap together on the ovals.

I hear you.  I had a great start to the year, but in the past 4 races, I have 1 top 5 in our league.  That's not going to cut it.  The B Drivers and C Drivers are abysmal this year.  Last year you could pick from both Penske drivers, the EGR drivers, Kurt Busch, Denny Hamlin, and more.  Now you've got the 4 you listed and that's about it.

C Drivers there is no one outside of Ragan that you can rely on.  And even he is a wild card pick.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on June 29, 2015, 10:22:00 am
I had Gordon, AJ, Edwards, and Gilliand.  What the heck happened to Said at these road courses?  Is he just not getting quality rides on these courses anymore?

I think the quality of the full time Cup drivers is that much higher.  2004 didn't have Edwards, Kyle Busch, Truex, Bowyer, Larson, and more.  Even Kurt Busch, Harvick, Johnson, and a couple others were only 2 or 3 years in to full time Cup at that point.  Now it seems like everyone can wheel a car pretty good and the "ringers" can't keep up.