Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dover

Started by Buff, May 31, 2015, 01:52:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Not peeing myself with excitement over this race, but so far so good.  Jimmie Johnson has the most Dover wins all time (9) and is currently running 5th.  Good to see Truex looking good again.

Lot of rubber on the track and even with all the downforce these guys are sliding around.  Think I heard a driver one time describe driving this track as something like "dive into the corner, hope for the best, hit the gas".

Flying Razorback

Harvick finally has gotten some laps led.  I still think the 78, 18, or 48 are going to win.  But Harvick has now led in every race this year except for Daytona.  And of course he would have won that one if the caution hadn't waved on the entry to Turn 3.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

30 to go.  Hasn't been a caution in 101 laps.

Over/under on debris caution with 15 to go?

Flying Razorback

28 to go, Harvick is leading, but Johnson is flying!  He just cut 1.5 seconds off Harvick's lead in 2 laps.

I don't think he's led yet today, but he may take the lead with 20 to go.  If that happens, there will be no debris caution.

Flying Razorback

Well, caution with 23 to go.  But for a wreck between the 18 and 33. 

This changes everything.  Gives the 78 another chance and puts it on the line between the 48 and 4.

Flying Razorback

Harvick and Johnson stay out! 

Hmmm.... don't know about that.  This restart is going to be about 18 to go.  I don't know about that one.

Harvick was falling fast to the 48.  Lots of guys with tires.

Flying Razorback

I'm obviously a big Harvick fan, but I won't be sad to see Truex win this.  I think he's got it.  He's the second row for restart and he's going to be the first car with tires.

Restart with 19 to go.  Johnson fastest on track starting p2 without tires, Truex the best car all day starting p3 with new tires.

Flying Razorback

4 and 48 only took this gamble because they have 2 and 3 wins in the bank, respectively.  They knew they probably couldn't win if they get a pit penalty or malfunction, so they are just hoping the second row and beyond run over the top of themselves trying to jump past the front row.

Flying Razorback

Johnson has the win easy.  Got the restart and is running off in to the sunset.

Flying Razorback

And there it is, Caution for the 15 running over the 11.  I think the 78 is going to win now.  The 48 is fast, the 4 is going to be in the way.  And the 78 looks really good.

Harvick has lost 2 or 3 spots every restart on the inside.  He's toast now starting p2 with 50 lap old tires.

Racinray

Can't get used to Harvick in a blue car.

Buff

Quote from: Flying Razorback on May 31, 2015, 02:35:14 pm
But Harvick has now led in every race this year except for Daytona.  And of course he would have won that one if the caution hadn't waved on the entry to Turn 3.

T-R-O-O-F

Buff

Green-White-Checkered.

48 is in the lead, Gordon is somewhere around 10 and the first car on newer tires I think. 

Truex is going to restart on the inside of row 2 with Harvick on his outside.  Got a sick feeling Jimmie has this one.  Knaus finally found the right drill bit for rubber tires.

Racinray

Does Kahne win to get all 4 Hendricks cars in the chase?

Buff

Kahne about to block for the 48

Buff

Another top 2 for Harvick.  I bet he really made JJ's *** pucker up with that hit on the restart. 

What are the odds the 4 and 48 are trying new setups to get ready for the fight over the last 10 races?  This is setting up already to be a 2-car Chase.  Not sold on anyone else to put together a 10-race stretch.

And Kahne blocked the 78 for his teammate.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on May 31, 2015, 03:43:09 pm
Another top 2 for Harvick.  I bet he really made JJ's *** pucker up with that hit on the restart. 

What are the odds the 4 and 48 are trying new setups to get ready for the fight over the last 10 races?  This is setting up already to be a 2-car Chase.  Not sold on anyone else to put together a 10-race stretch.

And Kahne blocked the 78 for his teammate.

I'm not excited with the fact that Harvick can't finish races right now.  I love all the p2 finishes.  But it sucks to know he will only run this well for a limited amount of time.  So the time to accrue wins is now before his star starts to fall.  He would be a lot closer to 40 or 50 wins if he could have closed out races like a Johnson or Keselowski the last 5 years.

Buff

I look at him as a great driver at making a push at the end with a car that isn't a winner.  True enough though, he's got the cars right NOW, he can't be letting the 48 get all the momentum.

Flying Razorback

Great Fantasy day for me.  You can never go wrong pick Johnson at Dover.

Even though I had a great day, I am kicking myself a little for pulling Almirola out of a starter spot for Edwards...  Could have had a legendary day.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Buff on May 31, 2015, 03:39:52 pm
Kahne about to block for the 48
Makes you wonder. Seems like Kahne needed the win more than Johnson. I guess the team takes precedence in most cases. Good runs for Larson and Almirola.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

riccoar

What happened to Hamlin in this race?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: riccoar on June 04, 2015, 06:41:43 am
What happened to Hamlin in this race?

He got at the end of the line due to a pit problem and when racing back towards the front he got spun at the end when Bowyer ran him over.  Hamlin was fast the first half but his car continuously went the wrong direction in the last 200 miles.