First practice top 5:

1   5   Kasey Kahne      Great Clips   128.168   14.971   
2.   88   Dale Earnhardt Jr      MOUNTAIN DEW DEWSHINE   128.159   14.972   
3   2   Brad Keselowski      Miller Lite   127.971   14.994
4   19   Carl Edwards      COMCAST BUSINESS   127.554   15.043   
5   18   David Ragan      Snickers Extreme   127.546   15.044   

Buff

Flying Razorback

Doesn't look there's going to be a race today.  Tomorrow's weather doesn't look any better.  Maybe Tuesday afternoon?
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Racinray

Buff

There's tens of people in the stands right now.  What happened to the rain tire experiment? 

Logano is at the desk with the Fox guys.  This is brutal, I can't believe he's running with Harvick and Johnson for championships.  Shows what a difference changing rides can make.  See also:  Happy Harvick.

Flying Razorback

Wow they got started.  I was in between chores in my vegetable garden and passed in and saw the cars on track.  The wife is gone so I had the pre-race show running on the TV.

Welp, looks like it's time to sit and watch for a bit.

Flying Razorback

And the 2 and 22 car wreck together with about 20 laps in...  That's going to mess with a lot of fantasy teams losing two A List drivers early.  Brad got loose of the corner and turned sideways right in front of Logano.  Terrible luck for the 22.

Flying Razorback

And the rain is back during that caution... back to the garden I go.

Buff

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on April 19, 2015, 01:39:57 pm
And the 2 and 22 car wreck together with about 20 laps in...  That's going to mess with a lot of fantasy teams losing two A List drivers early.  Brad got loose of the corner and turned sideways right in front of Logano.  Terrible luck for the 22.

Brad was my A driver. Crap !

Racinray

10thPlanet

10thPlanet

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on April 19, 2015, 05:49:31 pm
Why does JGR keep Hamlin? ::)

He better watch out pulling out of races like this, Erik Jones might get more and more looks...

Flying Razorback

This is why I treat short tracks like super speedways these days.  You can't guess who is going to be in the top 10 anymore.  Way too equal of cars and no way to pass.  Unlucky wrecks, getting caught in other's payback, and strategies lead to a shuffled field.  At the halfway point all 4 of my drivers were in the top 10.  Now I'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 in there.

Flying Razorback

And just like that, with about 15 minutes left, 39 laps to go, my fantasy drivers are running p1, p2, p3.  And I still don't believe that all will finish on the lead lap.

It's about to get crazy!  People on old tires and running out of gas and rain on the way.  Someone's about to get dumped.

Flying Razorback

And there's the big wreck with 28 to go.  This is going to set things up for something crazy.

10thPlanet

Buff

Flying Razorback

Yep.  Like I said, 19 to go and my B picks and A pick are running 1, 2, and 5.  And of course two of them just wipe themselves out with less than 10 to go.

10thPlanet

Kasey scared to step out on the track and give Stewart the, "what's up fool?"

10thPlanet

Quote from: Buff on April 19, 2015, 09:08:24 pm
Haven't been paying attention.  What did Hamlin do?
He's hanging out on the pit box, with neck spasms.

Buff

2 years in a row the Bristol spring race has been delayed.  When does Nascar decide that April is rainy season in Tennessee?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on April 19, 2015, 09:10:23 pm
2 years in a row the Bristol spring race has been delayed.  When does Nascar decide that April is rainy season in Tennessee?

I've always wondered why it was a March/April race.  I know everything used to be in the Carolinas/Virginia/East Tennessee area...  but this is 2015 and you have lots of tracks out west and places that could avoid cold weather, fog, and rain.  East Tennessee is always going to see bad weather this time of year.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on April 19, 2015, 09:08:31 pm
Yep.  Like I said, 19 to go and my B picks and A pick are running 1, 2, and 5.  And of course two of them just wipe themselves out with less than 10 to go.

Looks like about half of us or more in our Fantasy group had our lowest point total of the season on this race. Brutal !

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on April 20, 2015, 04:03:11 am
Looks like about half of us or more in our Fantasy group had our lowest point total of the season on this race. Brutal !

And that's tough with Daytona and Martinsville already on the record.  It destroyed a lot of fantasy teams everywhere when Edwards and Busch wrecked together.  I was getting nervous one of the top 3 would dump each other to ruin the day, I just didn't think it would happen like that.

TheRazorback500

Kenseth gets a much-needed win. Good runs for Stenhouse and Allgaier. I like to see the young guys do well.

:razorback:

Do you wanna get Rocked?