Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville Fantasy Racing 2015

Started by ImHogginIt, January 30, 2015, 08:54:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

January 30, 2015, 08:54:30 am Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:29:37 pm by ImHogginIt
http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/group/5242

Group name is Hogville
Group # 5242
Password : hogville2015

Hope we get more contestants this year. Its pretty damn fun for those of you who have never played. Makes watching the race each week mean a lot more too :-)

10thPlanet

ImHogginIt

ImHogginIt

Poor Danica. Still a C list driver  :D

holeinthewall

I joined. Skipped playing last year.

ImHogginIt

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ImHogginIt

Hogfaniam

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 01, 2015, 07:19:12 am
She's barely a B cup

Think lower.

Or was that a

[attachment deleted by admin]
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ImHogginIt

Flying Razorback

Awesome.  I was just thinking about this earlier this week.

As the two time defending champ, I'm hoping to avoid a let down year!

Encourage everyone you know to join, it's fun having a bunch of teams.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Flying Razorback

Newman bumping to A list is a tough one.  He's not good enough to be there but was a steady points earner in the B category.

Bowyer and Kurt Busch dropping back down from A category should make them better plays.

hoghelmet14

I'm in I  think...... but I stink at this game.... too many times I pick my drivers with my heart and not my head.
Proud to be an American!  Proud to be an Arkansas Razorback Fan!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 01, 2015, 09:54:57 pm
I'm in I  think...... but I stink at this game.... too many times I pick my drivers with my heart and not my head.

Only thing I wish they would change is giving us 2 A drivers each week. Lot of good starts go to waste with that many A drivers available. I wish they would at least change it to where we can use 2 A drivers in the last 10 races.

holeinthewall

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 01, 2015, 10:15:43 pm
Only thing I wish they would change is giving us 2 A drivers each week. Lot of good starts go to waste with that many A drivers available. I wish they would at least change it to where we can use 2 A drivers in the last 10 races.

I definitely think the key to success lies in the B Level drivers.  With so many options and so many names like a Carl Edwards in there it's hard to pick a lineup.  Most of those guys are too inconsistent but will win races randomly.  Keselowski and Logano were money in the B slot last year.

10thPlanet

I am in and Danica is a B cup.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 30, 2015, 08:54:30 am

Group name is Hogville
Group # 5242

Hope we get more contestants this year. Its pretty damn fun for those of you who have never played. Makes watching the race each week mean a lot more too :-)

We could use a few more teams. Come On. It is about 40 weeks worth of fun and heartache   ;D

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ImHogginIt on January 30, 2015, 08:54:30 am

Group name is Hogville
Group # 5242

Entry list for the 500 is up so make your picks.

Could use a few more teams.

holeinthewall

February 13, 2015, 05:55:01 am #19 Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:07:20 am by holeinthewall
Carl is not guaranteed a spot. No owner points I hope he misses the race. Ragan doesn't have any owner points either. They gave his points to Josh Wise as Front Row goes back to 3 teams for this year.  And 60% have picked Danica.   I thought this pick ems was to finish up front not first one to wreck out.

Racinray

Flying Razorback

bulldog04

I'm going to give it a shot.  I played one time years ago.  You could only start a driver so many times in a season.  Is it still like that?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 14, 2015, 03:49:58 pm
I'm going to give it a shot.  I played one time years ago.  You could only start a driver so many times in a season.  Is it still like that?

Yes. Makes ya have to think a lot  ;D

Flying Razorback

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 14, 2015, 03:49:58 pm

Absolutely.  9 starts per driver.  You have to finalize your roster of 8 prior to qualifying or the first practice each week.  Then you have to finalize your starting 4 from the 8 on the roster before the start of the race.

You still get qualifying bonus points from your 4 bench drivers if you choose not to start one of them after they qualify in the top 4.

It's a lot of fun.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on February 14, 2015, 07:28:22 pm

Absolutely.  9 starts per driver.  You have to finalize your roster of 8 prior to qualifying or the first practice each week.  Then you have to finalize your starting 4 from the 8 on the roster before the start of the race.

You still get qualifying bonus points from your 4 bench drivers if you choose not to start one of them after they qualify in the top 4.

It's a lot of fun.

Makes watching the race more fun too

PorkerOinker

Just got signed up and set my roster, ought to be fun!
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

Racinray

It's a lot of fun.
First time to do this. So you don't have to move anybody from the bench if you don't want to?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Racinray on February 16, 2015, 01:50:35 pm
First time to do this. So you don't have to move anybody from the bench if you don't want to?

Correct. They lock in your team usually on Friday. Then you can change your starters right up until race time. So if one of your starters has a couple average practices on Saturday you can change them out.

Racinray

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 16, 2015, 04:42:24 pm
Correct. They lock in your team usually on Friday. Then you can change your starters right up until race time. So if one of your starters has a couple average practices on Saturday you can change them out.
Thanks

HogScoutMaster

why wont it let me join via the link

says you are not a member.  How do I join up
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Flying Razorback

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on February 20, 2015, 08:39:07 am
why wont it let me join via the link

says you are not a member.  How do I join up

You may need to make a Yahoo email address.  That's all I had to do.  So now I have a yahoo account that I only use for Fantasy racing.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Flying Razorback on February 20, 2015, 08:48:02 am

You may need to make a Yahoo email address.  That's all I had to do.  So now I have a yahoo account that I only use for Fantasy racing.

I couldn't go thrrough the link either. I had to go to yahoo and sign in.

hoghelmet14

I picked my drivers... should finish last this week..... should be an average finish for me!

bulldog04

Racinray

It's a lot of fun.
I have Kyle on the bench, will I still get points for qualifying even though he's not in the race?

holeinthewall

Quote from: Racinray on February 22, 2015, 07:56:28 am
I have Kyle on the bench, will I still get points for qualifying even though he's not in the race?

Only starters get bonus points.   Kyle is going to be out a long time. His season is already over. I thought he got the Earnhardt experience when he hit the wall.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Racinray on February 22, 2015, 07:56:28 am

Because of the qualifying format for Daytona, this is the only week there aren't qualifying bonus points.  I believe you can actually change your bench and starters all the way up to race time this week.  But a minute or two before race time it locks in your 8 and the 4 in the starters position become your 4 starters this week.  So it'll only take away one start from the 4 that you get points from this week.

I know I was changing bench drivers last night and replacing them which normally you can't do post-qualifying.

Flying Razorback

Just checked, and you can still change any driver right now.  As long as the red "X" is still in their box then you can totally replace them for anyone else not already a starter or bench.

Normally at this point you can only swap between bench and starters.  But Daytona is the one exception.  Good thing this week too with the two Busch brothers missing the race after qualifying.

ImHogginIt

Wish I would have switched to Allgaier instead of Waltrip this am.  :(

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 22, 2015, 02:48:26 pm

Whaaaaat?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 22, 2015, 02:48:26 pm

I can't give away too many of my Fantasy strategies, but I don't like to use normal drivers at Daytona and Talladega.  Just too much is outside of the control of the driver's and teams.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on February 22, 2015, 03:32:37 pm
Whaaaaat?

Never mind. Now I'm glad I left em' alone. Now if Junior, Edwards and Biff can give me a decent finish I'll be happy with how this crap shoot turned out

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 22, 2015, 03:39:53 pm
Never mind. Now I'm glad I left em' alone. Now if Junior, Edwards and Biff can give me a decent finish I'll be happy with how this crap shoot turned out

I ended up doing ok with Mears, Bowyer, Jr, and Regan Smith.  All drivers in the top 16 is about all you can ask for on a plate track or road course.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on February 22, 2015, 03:54:16 pm

I ended up doing ok with Mears, Bowyer, Jr, and Regan Smith.  All drivers in the top 16 is about all you can ask for on a plate track or road course.

I've been disappointed the last three or four plate races with Waltrip. Watch me not select him at Dega and he'll finish top 10

hoghelmet14

Flying Razorback

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on February 22, 2015, 04:13:37 pm
Terrible.... can I just quit now?

Well the best part is that HogginIt turns on the Lucky Dog feature so we drop our lowest week.  Mine is always the plate tracks and/or Martinsville.  It's a looonnnnggg season too.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ImHogginIt on February 22, 2015, 04:09:23 pm
I've been disappointed the last three or four plate races with Waltrip. Watch me not select him at Dega and he'll finish top 10

That's always the way it goes.  I don't want the secret about Casey Mears to get out though.

10thPlanet

10thPlanet

1.Flying Pigs
HMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Not again.