Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing will satisfy

Started by RazorWorld, November 26, 2012, 09:25:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorWorld

I've been fighting the urge to post this because it is so negative but it is what I've been thinking since the April Fools joke. That we can't possibly get anyone like Bobby Petrino to come here, it was a once in a programs lifetime sorta thing. It occurred to me that the Gruden phenom was a result of people whether they knew it or not thinking the same thing. That we will only be happy if we can do something that isn't likely or possible. This leads me to conclude if we don't pull off the impossible we will not be happy.

popcornhog

Quote from: RazorWorld on November 26, 2012, 09:25:14 am
I've been fighting the urge to post this because it is so negative but it is what I've been thinking since the April Fools joke. That we can't possibly get anyone like Bobby Petrino to come here, it was a once in a programs lifetime sorta thing. It occurred to me that the Gruden phenom was a result of people whether they knew it or not thinking the same thing. That we will only be happy if we can do something that isn't likely or possible. This leads me to conclude if we don't pull off the impossible we will not be happy.

Gruden phenom?
WPS

EastexHawg

Pete Carroll would completely satisfy me.  He's the dream coach.  I would be satisfied with Gary Patterson.  I would be pretty satisfied with Chris Petersen and Mike Gundy.  Chip Kelly would be a splashy hire, but I'm not convinced his offense will work in the SEC, especially with the level of recruits he'll get at Arkansas.

Bob Stoops?  Yeah, I would be happy to have him.  Gruden would have been another excellent choice.

After those guys, my excitement level falls off pretty fast because I don't consider Saban, Urban Meyer, Bear Bryant, or most of the other great coaches with current jobs to be possibilities.

Franklin?  Strong?  Gus?  Don't give me a tall, stinking glass of cod liver oil and try to tell me it's a chocolate milk shake.

The Great Hogsby

I agree with this 100%.

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 26, 2012, 09:52:44 am
Pete Carroll would completely satisfy me.  He's the dream coach.  I would be satisfied with Gary Patterson.  I would be pretty satisfied with Chris Petersen and Mike Gundy.  Chip Kelly would be a splashy hire, but I'm not convinced his offense will work in the SEC, especially with the level of recruits he'll get at Arkansas.

Bob Stoops?  Yeah, I would be happy to have him.  Gruden would have been another excellent choice.

After those guys, my excitement level falls off pretty fast because I don't consider Saban, Urban Meyer, Bear Bryant, or most of the other great coaches with current jobs to be possibilities.

Franklin?  Strong?  Gus?  Don't give me a tall, stinking glass of cod liver oil and try to tell me it's a chocolate milk shake.
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." - Jack Handey