Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Ole Miss, GAME NO. 1- Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Started by Break & Run, May 17, 2007, 11:51:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Hrozek pops up to the 2nd baseman.....2 down!  Casey Coon will bat....
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

HogBaptist

Publius

Break & Run

Casey takes strike 1 over outer edge. around the knees.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hawgballz

Quote from: HogBaptist on May 17, 2007, 10:29:09 pm
keep fouling em....they will eventually throw a ball

I have went with that strategy before.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Break & Run

HogBaptist

Quote from: HawgBall06 on May 17, 2007, 10:30:47 pm
Quote from: HogBaptist on May 17, 2007, 10:29:09 pm
keep fouling em....they will eventually throw a ball

I have went with that strategy before.

in the 1A state championship in '76?  :)

Break & Run

Break & Run

Coon fouls it back out of play.  the final strike.

softballguy8

Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HogBaptist

watched the freaking 3rd strike...you've got to be kidding me. what a freaking moron

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Break & Run

Coon is called out on strikes to end the game!

final stats:

R  H  E
Rebs     5  6  0
Hogs     4  7  0

cmakrzrbak

"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

josh_sec33

ok, seriously, someone need to get talking to these guys about not sitting there watching strike three. too many times lately.

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 17, 2007, 10:32:20 pm
Coon is called out on strikes to end the game!

final stats:

R  H  E
Rebs     5  6  0
Hogs     4  7  0

Perfect and fitting way to end the game....
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

HogBaptist

boys..we are gonna lose another fricken series...we had to have that one

billypig

you can't just watch one that close......another K and men stranded.....

cubman

msudawgs64

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 17, 2007, 10:02:18 pm
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 17, 2007, 09:59:12 pm
Bama wins 4-3

That knocks State out of contention for the SEC West. Just us and Ole Miss now.

we were out of contention weeks ago, it was just you guys would not put us out of our misery. 
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Publius

Get the brooms out guys and say goodbye to any super regional...15 or 16 freaking K's tonight

PintailKiller

Quote from: josh_sec33 on May 17, 2007, 10:32:57 pm
ok, seriously, someone need to get talking to these guys about not sitting there watching strike three. too many times lately.

I make my 9 & 10 year olds run poles for taking strike 3.  2 per strikout looking.

Break & Run

Ole Piss has beaten Arkansas FIVE straight times!

hogman64

WilsonHog

If we're not striking out looking we're swinging through it.

Either way, we're out.

Break & Run

Arkansas has to win the next two and prolly the whole tourney to get a SR.  Fire Butler!!! I AGREE!!!

Ouachihog

Maybe it is jumping to conclusions, but I'm not even sure we have a regional host sewn up.  Last year we finished 18-12 in the SEC and barely hosted a regional as a #2 seed in our own regional.  We are 17-11 in the SEC right now. 

Schmidt has lost 2 straight starts and we have lost 4 of the last 5 games he has started.  Overall, we have lost 5 of our last 7 SEC games. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

billypig

Quote from: hogman64 on May 17, 2007, 10:34:51 pm
lost 5 of 7. super regional  gone............

That won't be an issue anyway IF Schmidt doesn't get back in his groove.  He is critical to our post season chances.

hogman64

lets just hope we can win Todd's game........except for saturday when the strong winds were blowing our fly balls over the fence , our hitting has sucked for 7 straight games.........

Ouachihog

Quote from: msudawgs64 on May 17, 2007, 10:33:40 pm
Bama wins 4-3

we were out of contention weeks ago, it was just you guys would not put us out of our misery. 

MSU is still in contention.  Still 2 games back.  If Ole Miss wins the next 2 and MSU wins the next 2, MSU would win the division by percentage points. 

chiefsfan

The little things the little things the little things.   Travis Hill pitches a gem in relief tonight, but Brian Walker couldnt field one pitch, and we lose...just like that

We get key runs into scoring position several times in the last 3 innings, and no one can come up with a hit.

We are now 0-18 when trailing going into the 9th inning this year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogman64

how many runners did we leave on base?  seems like about 27......

Ouachihog

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 17, 2007, 10:38:43 pm
The little things the little things the little things.   Travis Hill pitches a gem in relief tonight, but Brian Walker couldnt field one pitch, and we lose...just like that

We get key runs into scoring position several times in the last 3 innings, and no one can come up with a hit.

How about having Forsythe on 3rd with no outs in the first inning and not getting him home. 

chiefsfan

Quote from: billypig on May 17, 2007, 10:36:34 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on May 17, 2007, 10:34:51 pm
lost 5 of 7. super regional  gone............

That won't be an issue anyway IF Schmidt doesn't get back in his groove.  He is critical to our post season chances.

That being said, Schmidt looked better tonight.  really cruised through the early innings.  Problem is they are scoring runs when he gets into jams now...

Still not good enough to get us some wins.  Depending on how Todd throws tommorow, I say we start him in the tourney opener next week, and the Regional opener the following week
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 17, 2007, 10:39:43 pm
Quote from: chiefsfan on May 17, 2007, 10:38:43 pm
The little things the little things the little things.   Travis Hill pitches a gem in relief tonight, but Brian Walker couldnt field one pitch, and we lose...just like that

How about having Forsythe on 3rd with no outs in the first inning and not getting him home. 

I tend not to blame a loss on something that happened in the 1st inning...  It did set the tone of the game, thats for darn sure.   we had a stretch like this last year where we struck out all the freakin time.  Thankfully for us, last year's slump came in the postseason...this year's hasnt

Break & Run

Well, I'll be here to do the PBP tomorrow, hoping Todd can get us a win!

hogman64

Travis hill was a BIG bright spot tonight.........

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogman64 on May 17, 2007, 10:46:02 pm

he pitched well, the one that got by Walker wasnt his fault.  My only beef is that Travis is the kind of guy that throws alot of wild pitches, knowing that, why do we continually bring him in with runners on base?

Ouachihog

15 of our 27 outs tonight were strikeouts....yikes

hogman64

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 17, 2007, 10:48:38 pm
Quote from: hogman64 on May 17, 2007, 10:46:02 pm

he pitched well, the one that got by Walker wasnt his fault.  My only beef is that Travis is the kind of guy that throws alot of wild pitches, knowing that, why do we continually bring him in with runners on base?

He is really all that we have to bring in..........

msudawgs64

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 17, 2007, 10:37:14 pm
Bama wins 4-3

MSU is still in contention.  Still 2 games back.  If Ole Miss wins the next 2 and MSU wins the next 2, MSU would win the division by percentage points. 

yeah I know but I don't think we can win the next two..I have ZERO faith in Ron Polk and his staff right now and their ability to get it done. 

At this point we are playing with no emotion and don't seem to care so I am hoping we don't host a regional and they send us to the regional of the 1 national seed, they blow us back to the stone age and Polk leaves.  Polk has been good for State but there comes a time when you have to step aside, he is our Frank Broyles, if you will.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 17, 2007, 10:51:09 pm

Thats a Todd Butler hitting theme, you walk alot, and get hit by alot of pitches...but as a result you strike out a ton.  He encourages hitters to take pitches and work the count.  Which is why Will Kline threw 130 tonight in 6 innings.   Problem is when you are not swinging the bats well, alot of strikeouts occur

Ouachihog

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 17, 2007, 10:59:37 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 17, 2007, 10:51:09 pm

Thats a Todd Butler hitting theme, you walk alot, and get hit by alot of pitches...but as a result you strike out a ton.  He encourages hitters to take pitches and work the count.  Which is why Will Kline threw 130 tonight in 6 innings.   Problem is when you are not swinging the bats well, alot of strikeouts occur

Sounds like we have a passive hitting coach and an aggressive manager. 

Ouachihog

Quote from: msudawgs64 on May 17, 2007, 10:56:37 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 17, 2007, 10:37:14 pm
Bama wins 4-3

yeah I know but I don't think we can win the next two..I have ZERO faith in Ron Polk and his staff right now and their ability to get it done. 

At this point we are playing with no emotion and don't seem to care so I am hoping we don't host a regional and they send us to the regional of the 1 national seed, they blow us back to the stone age and Polk leaves.  Polk has been good for State but there comes a time when you have to step aside, he is our Frank Broyles, if you will.

Who the heck knows.  This western division has turned in to a race of attrition. 

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant