Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did the HogPen Sell Out Against LSU?

Started by jared2456, May 15, 2007, 08:10:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jared2456

My friends keep insisting that the hogpen sold out for at least 1 game against LSU.  I contend that there is no way it sold out especially considering how much bigger it is this year than it was last year.

We are wanting to go to the Ole Miss series and I think we can get Hogpen tickets at the stadium before the game (therefore we don't have to have a firm committment from everyone who wants to go).  My friends think we should go buy tickets tomorrow to make sure we get in.  I just don't want to buy tickets and then have people back out.

WHO WINS???? 

Help me out Hogville!
:razorback:

razorback3072

Well the second game had more fans than the first game.  The Hogpen doesn't sell out necessarily.  It's first come, first served.  I don't think there is a true number of how many it will hold because of the grass area.  If you show up early enough and get a General Admission ticket, you'll get in.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

jared2456

But I guess my question is, does anyone think there will be a chance of showing up before the game and not getting a ticket to get in?

mikeb

No way, get there early and chill until the ticket office opens  8)

BigDave70

The hogpen hold as many people can fit in there, so go on to the game you will get in
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

PrescottHog

NO, I was there saturday during the lsu series and it was not full

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

jap66

Quote from: razorback3072 on May 15, 2007, 08:28:33 pm
Well the second game had more fans than the first game.  The Hogpen doesn't sell out necessarily.  It's first come, first served.  I don't think there is a true number of how many it will hold because of the grass area.  If you show up early enough and get a General Admission ticket, you'll get in.

There is a predetermined number of tickets that will be sold for the HogPen.
It was very close to reaching that point.
If that number is reached, ticket sales will be suspended.

One thing that factors into the ticket sales is the number of students at the game.
Students get in free with IDs and the number of students entering is monitored. With school out, I would suspect there will be fewer students this weekend.

I believe this is all dictated by a fire marshall.

Just a word especially for new fans.
There are no seats provided for General Admission tickets. Bring a lawn chair or stand.
And ...... lawn chairs are not allowed on the concourse in the reserved seating area.
In addition, lawn chairs can not be brought into the stadium thru gates A - B or C.
They must be brought in thru the two gates near or at the HogPen.
1. The gate along Razorback Road (its been open all year)
2. The new gate that is next to (just west of) the Razorback Foundation Building. (this gate was just recently opened)
Anyone with lawn chairs will be refered to these two gates for entry along with anyone bringing in outside food and drink. All this is subject to change especially at the gate beside the Razorback Foundation. Fans bringing their "stuff" in might be refered to the gate along Razorback Road.

jared2456

Thanks for all the info guys!

I called the Razorback Ticket Office today and they told me that they will sell as many general admission tickets as there are people who want them and effectively they cannot "sell out". 

Thanks!

HogBaptist

Quote from: jared2456 on May 15, 2007, 08:10:51 pm
My friends keep insisting that the hogpen sold out for at least 1 game against LSU.  I contend that there is no way it sold out especially considering how much bigger it is this year than it was last year.

We are wanting to go to the Ole Miss series and I think we can get Hogpen tickets at the stadium before the game (therefore we don't have to have a firm committment from everyone who wants to go).  My friends think we should go buy tickets tomorrow to make sure we get in.  I just don't want to buy tickets and then have people back out.

WHO WINS???? 

Help me out Hogville!

are you sure he wasn't talking about the 200 chairbacks that are out there now?

BigDave70

Quote from: HogBaptist on May 16, 2007, 03:38:42 pm
Quote from: jared2456 on May 15, 2007, 08:10:51 pm

WHO WINS???? 

Help me out Hogville!

are you sure he wasn't talking about the 200 chairbacks that are out there now?
I hope that's what he was talking about and those 200 seats are awsome