Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Regional Projection

Started by Cajun Hog, May 15, 2007, 03:24:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cajun Hog

UAfan

who they got with us?  I'm on my phone so I can't check the link.

TuckFexas

Hell, I  like that set up even though we're not guaranteed to host a super. I'd take our chances w/ San Diego. I doubt there's a huge home field advantage in their small stadium.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

TuckFexas

One other note, 4 regionals for SEC teams and only one super. The SEC has beat the hell out of each other this year.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Pig Power

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 15, 2007, 04:43:25 pm
One other note, 4 regionals for SEC teams and only one super. The SEC has beat the hell out of each other this year.
Exactly..... I can see the SEC East and West winners each locking up a Super-regional. Can't see how the NCAA can deny this based on the RPI of the SEC.

BigDave70

wow that would be a great regional in Fayetteville
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

masonselby

we  have  to sweep this weekend
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

chiefsfan

switch that around, why is Louisianna Lafayette hosting a regional and why is Wichita State coming to Fayetville

WSU should be hosting their own regional and ULL should come to Fayetville.   We can beat dem der smelly cajuns.   ASU should have swept them...If UA could hit their pitching it would be over.
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: UAfan on May 15, 2007, 04:38:23 pm
who they got with us?  I'm on my phone so I can't check the link.

Lafayette, IN
Wichita State
Kansas State
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: hogapalooza on May 15, 2007, 09:41:58 pm
If LSU takes care of Vandy, why do we have to sweep?  The SEC will Get 1 Top 8 seed if Vandy is the Over All Champ.  It will get 2 if We are. 

LSU has to sweep while we Win 2 of 3. 

We need to sweep and LSU Win 2 of 3. 

If either 1 of those happen, we Win the Over All Champion and that is a Top 8 Seed!

If we can win 2 of 3 and win 2 at SECT, then will be a 7 or 8 seed. IMO

Cajun Hog

Quote from: hogapalooza on May 15, 2007, 09:55:36 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on May 15, 2007, 09:54:10 pm
Quote from: hogapalooza on May 15, 2007, 09:41:58 pm
If LSU takes care of Vandy, why do we have to sweep?  The SEC will Get 1 Top 8 seed if Vandy is the Over All Champ.  It will get 2 if We are. 

LSU has to sweep while we Win 2 of 3. 

We need to sweep and LSU Win 2 of 3. 

If either 1 of those happen, we Win the Over All Champion and that is a Top 8 Seed!

If we can win 2 of 3 and win 2 at SECT, then will be a 7 or 8 seed. IMO
I have been saying that in every post in here for the last week.  We are in a Minority w/ this thought.

It's not the first time and won't be the last time for us.   ;)

BigDave70

the thing about it is we need to win a couple in hoover
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

PrescottHog

I dont see us sweeping Ole Piss put if we can win two and then when atleast two in Hoover then i think we can get a national seed.

hogfan064

Quote from: Pig Power on May 15, 2007, 05:09:40 pm
Quote from: TuckFexas on May 15, 2007, 04:43:25 pm
Exactly..... I can see the SEC East and West winners each locking up a Super-regional. Can't see how the NCAA can deny this based on the RPI of the SEC.

The SEC will get 2 of the top 8 seeds, but Arkansas winning the West doesn't lock it for us.  If Arkansas only wins 1 of 3 from Ole Miss and USC sweeps Georgia then both would be 18-12 in SEC play.  USC and Arkansas would be on the same side of the bracket in Hoover and the best finisher of those 2 would get the 2nd top 8 seed.  USC has a RPI of #6 and is ranked ahead of Arkansas in some polls.  Arkansas just needs to take care of buisness.

zebra

That is probably about right for right now, having us the 9 seed playing the 8 if we win our series.  We can improve that this weekend and at the SEC's, here is hoping we can improve our standing.

josh_sec33

I shall remind everyone that if we end up tied with Vandy we have the tiebreak over them for the #1 seed.

Now of course I'd love to make it an outright title.

GO HOGS
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

BigDave70

Thats what I'm Hoping for a tiebreaker