Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs and Tide rubber match

Started by Publius, May 13, 2007, 02:02:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Publius

Quote from: billypig on May 13, 2007, 05:04:44 pm
If Schmidt doesn't get back into the groove, I wouldn't worry about getting out of the regionals.  Not with our bullpen...or should I say, sheep pen...
Agreed...Todd is the better pitcher with a better fast ball and a wicked slider.  If Nick doesn't get his curve over for strikes, his heater isn't hot enough to rely upon.  So, it sure would be nice to see him get his groove back.

Break & Run

2-2 to Willard and then lines it foul past 3rd.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Willard strikes out. 1 down, down to our last 2 outs.....
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Smalling is up, takes it high for ball 1.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Smalling made him throw a strike.

deucea729

Don't underestimate Baum's drawing power for a Super Regional.  I still think we have a real shot to host, barring an Ole Miss series loss next weekend.

Break & Run

Publius

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 05:07:31 pm
Willard strikes out. 1 down, down to our last 2 outs.....
Hog fan, thanks for the updates...see you guys Thursday.  Hopefully we can stop the bleeding against an Ole Piss team that is playing as poorly as we are.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Ball 4 high. Smalling is aboard w/ 1 out.

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 05:09:28 pm
Ball 4 high. Smalling is aboard w/ 1 out.

Got to start it somehow....need more baserunners.
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

Thomas Howsky hits for Robison, who is this guy????

Break & Run

Break & Run

Ouachihog

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

Howsky hits into a 6-4-3 DP to end the ball game.

coach, my back hurts

Ouachihog

good lord... why did we use him?

Break & Run

Hogs lose 2 of 3 from Bama and fall to 37-16 overall and 17-10 in conf. play.  They have a 2 game lead of Miss St and hope that Vandy loses 2 of 3 this week so they can get the no. 1 seed.   LSU is Vandy's opponent this week.

hogman64

What is the official word on Dugger being benched?

Break & Run

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 13, 2007, 05:12:16 pm

Didnt do any worse than Robison.

Break & Run

Quote from: hogman64 on May 13, 2007, 05:12:50 pm

He's a lefty bat and Bama threw a lefty pitcher today. That's why they benched him.  Nothing serious.

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 05:12:53 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 13, 2007, 05:12:16 pm

Didnt do any worse than Robison.

I'd take my chances with Dugger over a guy who only has 4 ABs all season.  That dude barely even played against Northern Colorado. 

hogman64

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 05:13:39 pm

He's a lefty bat and Bama threw a lefty pitcher today. That's why they benched him.  Nothing serious.

He has been playing against leftys, he just drops down in the order.........and he has sat out 2 days in a row, something must be up.........

chiefsfan

Played so poorly on Friday they went to Robinson for energy...  after winning yesterday, DVH decided to stay with Robinson again today
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

coach, my back hurts

This slump is either good or bad.

If we have just hit a wall and have nothing else left in the tank, then that is bad.....

Or, we could just be going through one of the slumps that a season will bring and we will get this out of us at the right time.  That would be good.

I would rather be hot in June than be tearing it up right now.  IMO

We dont need to get our panties in a wad yet fellas.  2 more weeks then the fun begins.  Lets see what these kids got then.  Piss on losing a SupReg.  I know it sucks, but i would rather us make a SupReg AT someone else's place than to not make one.

hogman64

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on May 13, 2007, 05:16:31 pm
This slump is either good or bad.

If we have just hit a wall and have nothing else left in the tank, then that is bad.....

Or, we could just be going through one of the slumps that a season will bring and we will get this out of us at the right time.  That would be good.

I would rather be hot in June than be tearing it up right now.  IMO

We dont need to get our panties in a wad yet fellas.  2 more weeks then the fun begins.  Lets see what these kids got then.  Piss on losing a SupReg.  I know it sucks, but i would rather us make a SupReg AT someone else's place than to not make one.

Definitly true this is baseball, its the nature of the game.. a team can look bad for 6 to 8 games then come out of it and look better than ever.... this could be good in the long run.......lets see how it goes next weekend...But Schmidt needs to get back to his old self next Thursda  night and get us off to a good start........

Break & Run

Tell you the truth, I dont want a Super Regional.  Our players seem to play alot better on the road anyways.  I dont think this is even a slump.  I just think the 2 last teams we have played have wanted the games MORE than Arkansas does.  That's all, not a slump to worry about.

msudawgs64

sorry man, but that may be the worst excuse in all of sports, the other team wanted it more.

If that is the case then why even play.  Bottom line is that the last two teams the Hogs have played are playing for their SEC tournament life, sure they may have wanted it more but in reality they needed it more but that does not mean the Hogs have to help them out.

Baseball is a game of streaks, both good and bad and the baseball gods determine which one your team is going to be on at any given moment and how long it lasts.  You can call it what you want but the Hogs, Rebels, and Bulldogs are not playing good baseball at all right now..could this be the baseball gods trying to even it up or are they toying with us now then let us explode in 3 weeks time?  Who knows.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Break & Run

There are no such things as "baseball gods". If anything, it's jsut karma, that is bc there is only ONE God.

msudawgs64

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 06:01:03 pm
There are no such things as "baseball gods". If anything, it's jsut karma, that is bc there is only ONE God.

you need to watch Bull Durham.. ;)  Besides, it is a rhetorical term, not literal.  Please don't turn this into a thread on only one God, contrary to your thinking, not everyone believes in that God but rather a higher power.  Just saying.

I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring... which makes it like sex. There's never been a ballplayer slept with me who didn't have the best year of his career. Making love is like hitting a baseball: you just gotta relax and concentrate. Besides, I'd never sleep with a player hitting under .250... not unless he had a lot of RBIs and was a great glove man up the middle. You see, there's a certain amount of life wisdom I give these boys. I can expand their minds. Sometimes when I've got a ballplayer alone, I'll just read Emily Dickinson or Walt Whitman to him, and the guys are so sweet, they always stay and listen. 'Course, a guy'll listen to anything if he thinks it's foreplay. I make them feel confident, and they make me feel safe, and pretty. 'Course, what I give them lasts a lifetime; what they give me lasts 142 games. Sometimes it seems like a bad trade. But bad trades are part of baseball - now who can forget Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, for God's sake? It's a long season and you gotta trust. I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball. -Annie Savoy

also I am not alone in my belief in the baseball gods..

http://blogs.nasn.com/blogs/nasn/2006/10/the_baseball_gods.html

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

WindyCityHog

Relax and lay off the preaching.

"The baseball gods" is simply a figure of speech and you are taking it too seriously....

....but thanks for the updates.  I appreciated them.

PulledPork

can I get an amen and hawgaluyah up in herah?!

Pulled out...

dakpowers

May 13, 2007, 07:02:42 pm #534 Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:10:35 pm by dakpowers
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 05:20:49 pm
Tell you the truth, I dont want a Super Regional.  Our players seem to play alot better on the road anyways.  I dont think this is even a slump.  I just think the 2 last teams we have played have wanted the games MORE than Arkansas does.  That's all, not a slump to worry about.

This is quite possibly the poorest thought out post I've read here. Leave the "other team wanted it more" excuse for Vincent Hunter. If you don't think this is a slump, then you don't know baseball. How else do you explain Schmidt's sub-par performances lately, and our dry spell of runs?

You want Arkansas to play the post-season away from home, even though they have an opportunity to play at Baum? Did I read that right?

Also, how does such a devout Christian believe in a Buddhist/Hindu belief such as karma?

Thanks for the play-by-play, but think out your posts a bit.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

mikeb

msudawgs64

Quote from: dakpowers on May 13, 2007, 07:02:42 pm

This is quite possibly the poorest thought out post I've read here. Leave the "other team wanted it more" excuse for Vincent Hunter. If you don't think this is a slump, then you don't know baseball. How else do you explain Schmidt's sub-par performances lately, and our dry spell of runs?

You want Arkansas to play the post-season away from home, even though they have an opportunity to play at Baum? Did I read that right?

Also, how does such a devout Christian believe in a Buddhist/Hindu belief such as karma?

first part is a slump, no doubt about it.

Arkansas playing away from Baum in a regional is, IMO, the kiss of death.  They are not playing well on the road right now.

good call on the karma thing.

agreed on the play by play, I gave you some positive karma for that hog_fan_08

Break & Run

Quote from: dakpowers on May 13, 2007, 07:02:42 pm

If karma is strictly Buddhist/Hindu....then hSv must be a Buddhist.......right?
Let's just forget aobut all of this!

chiefsfan

To be honest I just want to make the college world series and go for the National Championship, if we have to make a side trip to Austin, Texas or Tempe, Arizona to get there, I dont really care

Sure it would be great to host a super regional and I want it badly.  But it has been said before that this team is as good on the road as it has ever been.  That was the first official road series loss since Minneapolis.  We've actually struggled more at home of late, which is a bit strange

we will tackle whatever challenge is in front of us head on.  But for now, lets worry about Will Kline and Ole Miss.  Who we have beaten 1 time in the last 7 games
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.