Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs and Tide rubber match

Started by Publius, May 13, 2007, 02:02:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Ouachihog

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Since 1894

Hamblin up

Strike 1

Outfield is deep

1 and 1

2 balls 1 strike

1 - 2 -0 for AL

strike 2

2 and 2

long to left field

HOMERUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gone

1 to 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Publius

1-1 score on Hamblin's 20th dinger of the year

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:29:05 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 13, 2007, 02:28:21 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:28:01 pm
Hamblin is buckin' for SEC player of the year!!  

Is somebody doing pbp Publius??
I thought 1894 was, someone take it, I don't want it

Me neither, I'm going to be in and out.  Hogfan08 says he will do it. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

1-2 to Willard.
slider in the dirt...2-2.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Since 1894

Lost my conection for a bit.

Willard

2 balls, 2 strikes

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Since 1894

Out

on a hit to short

game tied

1 and 1

Break & Run

willard grounds to SS, inning over.  1-1 on HR by Hamblin, no errors, none left...going to bottom of the 2nd...

Publius

Linescore through 1 and half:

Hogs  0 1                                       1 1 0
  Bama 1                                          1 2 0

ilovepinebluff

Since 1894

Mother - In - Law just entered the building.

Someone take over for me please!

Thanks

John

Publius

Hogs can make some hay today with a win.  Even with a loss, they can do no worse than going back to Baum with a 1 game lead over MSU and 2 game lead over Ole Piss

Break & Run

Auburn up 1-0 in the 3rd.
UK leads Ole Miss. 3-2.

Since 1894

I will try to come back and do some color for you.

Break & Run

Welker throughs ball 1 to MAy.
May, Odle, Moore due up. 

2-0 to MAy now.

Break & Run

Break & Run

2-2 on a mised swing to May. hitting .194 in conf. play.

Break & Run

May lines another breakign pitch foul down 1st. 2-2 still.

woodhog14

Does anyone know what station in LR will be carrying the game?  It's normally on 101.1, but that is the Travelers station as well...in central ar when the Travs play we get their game instead of the hogs.  Is there another station in LR that carries it while the Travs are on?

Break & Run

Welker misses high with a fast ball, 3-2 to May.
May strikes out on a fast ball over inside corner.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Break & Run

Break & Run

Welker comes w/ breaking ball, fouled back. 0-2

woodhog14

Does anyone know what station in LR will be carrying the game?  It's normally on 101.1, but that is the Travelers station as well...in central ar when the Travs play we get their game instead of the hogs.  Is there another station in LR that carries it while the Travs are on?

Break & Run

Break & Run

Odle fouls another pitch off. 1-2. 1 out.

Break & Run

Hamblin leads SEC in HR's now. Welker misses low, 2-2.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Welker's first pitch to Moore is high and tight, ball 1... 1-0

Break & Run

Moore fouls 2nd pitch off, 1-1.

Break & Run

Welker strikes out Moore, 2 K's, no hits, no errors.

Break & Run

There was almost a brawl between innings!!!

Publius

Linescore through 2:

Hogs   0 1                        1 1 0
  Tide    1 0                        1 2 0

Break & Run

jawwing between Walker and Moore after the K.

Break & Run

Smalling starts the 3rd inning.  He had FOUR hits yesterday.
Stroope's first pitch is a curve in for a strike 0-1.

Break & Run

Smalling looks at a curve outside, 1-1.

Break & Run

Smalling gets another hit, up through the box for a single.

Break & Run

Robison at the plate.  He gets the bunt down, but foul.

Publius

Break & Run

First Federal Bank has donated $500 just bc of Hamblin.

Break & Run

Robison down 0-2 on two foul bunts.

Since 1894

Speaking of foul balls,

isn't AL pretty foul???

Break & Run

Robison check swing, didnt go around.  1-2 on a low fastball.

Publius

Alvarez hit a solo shot for Vandy...Dores and Tigers tied at 1 in the top of the 4th..2 out

Break & Run

Robison takes it up and in, 2-2.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Robison gets a flaring single over 1st base.

Since 1894

I keep having trouble keeping my conection. ???

Douglas must be trying to run me off.  ???

Clay, here I come ;D ;D ;D

Don't flame me ABQ (if you are still on this board)