Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs and Tide rubber match

Started by Publius, May 13, 2007, 02:02:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Salem to 3rd.
Avila ( i think) hits it to Hamblin.  After three, Hogs lead, 2-1..
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

HOLD ON!!  How are the hogs leading???? 

hogfan x

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 13, 2007, 03:02:18 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 03:00:32 pm
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:59:11 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:57:51 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:57:11 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:54:06 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:53:05 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:51:44 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:50:52 pm
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:49:59 pm
Jones gets a bunt down and Robison and Smalling are safe, only ONE out. deep fly bal will get 2 runs home now with the speed on the bags.
Not in that small park...fly ball only scores one

Not in any park

It occasionally happens where a guy scores from 2nd on a SF

Only if the outfielder falls and breaks his arm ;)
The Hogs did it against Vandy this year in game one of their series at Baum to win it when Jones scored from second on a SF

No error????????

none WHAT SO EVER.

I believe you if you say so, but i've watched lots of BB and the Vandy guy must have had a wimpy arm

Watch for yourself and draw your own conclusions....

[youtube=425,350]y229ynBDK64[/youtube]

I stand corrected.  First one I've seen without missing a cut off man or an error.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

Publius

Linescore through 3:

Hogs  0 1 1          2 3 1
 Tide   1 0 0          1 3 0

Break & Run

Break & Run

Hamblin pops it to the 2nd baseman.

Publius

Didn't Lou Brock score from 2nd on a SF in the World Series one year?

hogfan x

Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 03:06:46 pm
Didn't Lou Brock score from 2nd on a SF in the World Series one year?

Before my time by a year or 2
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

Break & Run

Walker fouls first pitch back, 0-1.

Break & Run

Walker gets a a base hit to right.  Willard now at the plate.

Break & Run

Willard hits into a 6-4-3 DP to end the inning.

Publius

Linescore through 3 and half:

Hogs  0 1 1  0                   2 4 1
  Tide   1 0 0                       1 3 0

Publius

Through 4 and half on the plains, 2-1 Tigers

Ouachihog

Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 03:05:44 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 13, 2007, 03:02:18 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 03:00:32 pm
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:59:11 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:57:51 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:57:11 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:54:06 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:53:05 pm
Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:51:44 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:50:52 pm
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:49:59 pm
Jones gets a bunt down and Robison and Smalling are safe, only ONE out. deep fly bal will get 2 runs home now with the speed on the bags.
Not in that small park...fly ball only scores one

Not in any park

It occasionally happens where a guy scores from 2nd on a SF

Only if the outfielder falls and breaks his arm ;)
The Hogs did it against Vandy this year in game one of their series at Baum to win it when Jones scored from second on a SF

No error????????

none WHAT SO EVER.

I believe you if you say so, but i've watched lots of BB and the Vandy guy must have had a wimpy arm

Watch for yourself and draw your own conclusions....

[youtube=425,350]y229ynBDK64[/youtube]

I stand corrected.  First one I've seen without missing a cut off man or an error.

No prob, but thats what we were tellin ya....it happens.
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

first pitch to Bentley is downstairs, 2-0.

Break & Run

Publius

I don't like the way Welker is getting behind

Break & Run

Break & Run

Break & Run

Howel hits a basehit down the line past 3rd. no outs.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Welker needs 2 K's.  Welker gets ahead 0-1. misses low now, 1-1.

Break & Run

Welker hasn't looked to great the last month.

Ouachihog

Bama announcers....."Logan Forsythe acting as if he is playing tennis at the french open trying to show a spot on the ground where the ball hit foul." 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Publius

Hell....get Schmidt warming up, he only threw 3 innings the other night

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 03:16:35 pm

Good point.  How many pitches did he throw? 

Break & Run

2-1 to May. May takes a strike. 2-2/

Break & Run

May hits to Hamblin, he goes home and gets Bentley out at home, 3-2 is the force. only 1 out.  Howell didnt get to third, he's still at second.  1st and 2nd.

Ouachihog

Bentley out at home!!!  Nice throw Hamblin!

Publius

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 13, 2007, 03:17:03 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 03:16:35 pm

Good point.  How many pitches did he throw? 

He's pitched on Sunday this year against MSU and then I think came back the next Friday...of course he's slated to pitch on Thursday this week against Ole Piss

Publius

Break & Run

Odle is at the plate.  1-1 to Odle w/ a strike voer outer edge.

Break & Run

Odle gets a base hit to the wall.  tied game now, 2-2.

Break & Run

Publius

Vandy changing pitchers down 2-1 in the bottom of the 5th...AU has a man at 2nd and one out

Break & Run

Moore is at the plate now. Bama leads low, 3-2 from SF from Moore.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Publius

Gotta get this guy and keep it at 1 run

Break & Run

1-2 to Pamel, slider was swung on and missed, inning over. Bama leads 3-2 through 4.

Publius

Linescore through 4:

Hogs  0 1 1  0            2 4 1
 Tide   1 0 0  2            3 5 0

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 03:23:07 pm
1-2 to Pamel, slider was swung on and missed, inning over. Bama leads 3-2 through 4.

Not great, but could've been much worse.  Still only one down.  Need the bats to wake up.

Break & Run

Who scored Arkansas' 2nd run????? i'm lost!!

Publius

Break & Run

Smalling, Robison, and Jones due up.

Ouachihog

Miss State leads UGA 2-0 in game 2 from Athens

Kentucky leads Ole MIss 4-3 in Oxford

Publius

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 13, 2007, 03:23:47 pm

Not great, but could've been much worse.  Still only one down.  Need the bats to wake up.
Yea, you knew 2 runs weren't gunna win it...need a big inning to take some of the heat off of Welker

Break & Run

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 03:25:25 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 13, 2007, 03:23:47 pm

Yea, you knew 2 runs weren't gunna win it...need a big inning to take some of the heat off of Welker

We really starting knocking the cover off the ball at this point in yesterday's game....hopefully we can do it today.