Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs and Tide rubber match

Started by Publius, May 13, 2007, 02:02:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Since 1894

2 on, no outs

Anyone say "bunt" cake?
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Publius

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:45:31 pm
Alverez is good...
Turned down a million dollar contract from the Red Sox...yea he's good

Break & Run

"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Break & Run

Publius

Through 3 and half on the plains, Vandy and AU tied at 1

Break & Run

Jones takes a breaking ball down for ball 2.   2-0.

Since 1894

What is DVH doing?

first bunt, then no bunt, then bunt, then no bunt.

?????????????????????????

Publius

Man, if Jones can get on got a chance for a big inning

Break & Run

1-2 to jones on foul bunt attempt.

Since 1894

Quote from: Since 1894 on May 13, 2007, 02:48:40 pm
What is DVH doing?

first bunt, then no bunt, then bunt, then no bunt.

?????????????????????????

Good coaching or indecision???

Since 1894

Break & Run

Jones gets a bunt down and Robison and Smalling are safe, only ONE out. deep fly bal will get 2 runs home now with the speed on the bags.

Since 1894

Break & Run

Forsythe looks at a fastball for strike 1....0-1

Publius

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:49:59 pm
Jones gets a bunt down and Robison and Smalling are safe, only ONE out. deep fly bal will get 2 runs home now with the speed on the bags.
Not in that small park...fly ball only scores one

Break & Run

Break & Run

i dont know the size of the park.

Break & Run

Logan hits it hard to the track and Smalling scores.  Robison to third.  2 down.

hogfan x

Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:50:52 pm

Not in any park
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

Break & Run

Coon at the plate, they're going to Intentionally Walk Coon to get to Nutt.
What they dont know is that Nutt is better against lefties.

Publius

Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:51:44 pm

Not in any park

It occasionally happens where a guy scores from 2nd on a SF

Break & Run

Nutt at the plate, 1st and 3rd.
Nutt takes an offspeed for strike.  0-1.

Publius

Break & Run

Nutt takes ball 1 upstairs.  1-1.

hogfan x

Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:53:05 pm

Not in any park

Only if the outfielder falls and breaks his arm ;)
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it." - Lou Holtz, Arkansas

Break & Run

Nutt takes curve outside, 2-1.

Break & Run

Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:54:06 pm

Not in any park

it's happened a few times at Baum.

Break & Run

Nutt takes curve low, 3-1 to an o-for this weekend. Hamblin on deck :)

hogfan x

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:54:59 pm

Not in any park

it's happend a few tiems at Baum.

Not without an error

razorback3072

Not in any park

Wrong.  Arkansas has scored two runners from 2nd on sac flies this year.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Break & Run

Break & Run

Nutt strikes out on a curve.  pathetic.

Publius

Not in any park

The Hogs did it against Vandy this year in game one of their series at Baum to win it when Jones scored from second on a SF

Ouachihog

Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:55:25 pm
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:54:59 pm

Not in any park

it's happend a few tiems at Baum.

Not without an error

dude, i'm not sure why you are so certain.  Arkansas beat #1 Vandy this year on a sac fly score from second.  The outfielder caught it on the track and the runner beat the throw home.  There was no error, there was no broken arm.  It happens. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

hogfan x

Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:57:11 pm

Not in any park

The Hogs did it against Vandy this year in game one of their series at Baum to win it when Jones scored from second on a SF

No error????????

Publius

Linescore through 2 and half:

Hogs  0 1 1           2 3 0
 Tide   1 0              1 2 0

Break & Run

come out to Baum this next weekend.  Pamel takes Welker deep but Robison makes an over-the-shoulder catch at the top of the wall.

Break & Run

Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 02:57:51 pm

Not in any park

No error????????

none WHAT SO EVER.

Publius

Break & Run

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 13, 2007, 02:59:17 pm
SWEET CATCH!!!

They didn't show it on razorzone.....camera missed it. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

Salem is Bama's careeer base stealer.

hogfan x

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 13, 2007, 02:59:11 pm

Not in any park

No error????????

none WHAT SO EVER.

I believe you if you say so, but i've watched lots of BB and the Vandy guy must have had a wimpy arm

Publius

Break & Run

Belcher is at the plate. Salem has drawn like 4 throws.

Break & Run

Salem is almost picked off.  Salem is safe bc Smalling dropped the ball.

Ouachihog

Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 03:00:32 pm

Not in any park

No error????????

none WHAT SO EVER.

I believe you if you say so, but i've watched lots of BB and the Vandy guy must have had a wimpy arm

Watch for yourself and draw your own conclusions....

[youtube=425,350]y229ynBDK64[/youtube]

Break & Run

Quote from: hogfan x on May 13, 2007, 03:00:32 pm

Not in any park

No error????????

none WHAT SO EVER.

Have you seen Arkansas' speed w/ Jones???  IT was hit to te wall!!