Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs and Tide, Game 2

Started by Publius, May 12, 2007, 04:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

first pitch bounced foul for strike 1. 
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

not 50, but 30.  1-1 on the batter.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Publius

Geez...no confidence at all with any of our pitchers...another walk.  Quit the freakin' nibbling crap and go get 'em, Todd

Break & Run

Howell bounces another ball foul.  1-2 on Howell.

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 12, 2007, 05:04:04 pm
not 50, but 30.  1-1 on the batter.

Yeah, it is 50.  They said Todd has 30 in the 3rd inning alone. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

Howell grounds to Hamblin.  thank goodness.
2 runs on 2 hits. leaves bases loaded (thank goodness).  2 Errors (Hamblin, Willard)
After 3 it's 3-2 Bama.

Publius

Linescore through 3:

Hogs  0 1 1
  Tide   0 1 2

Break & Run

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 12, 2007, 05:05:52 pm
ok, my bad.

No prob.  We really need Todd to get in to at least the 7th today. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

pitch count is up over 60 through 3 innings.

Break & Run

Hamblin to lead off. Hamblin, Walker, and Willard to bat.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Hamblin is only 3 away, not 6.

Publius

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 12, 2007, 05:06:39 pm
ok, my bad.

Good luck...it's 91 degrees down there in a band box ball park with the wind blowing out.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Hamblin is dowe 1-2.  He's batting .274.  Hamblin hits a high pop up to center.  Pamel cant make the play. Hamblin gets to 2nd. Error on Pamel. 

mikeb

SWEET!! Hopefully that starts bama's errors

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 12, 2007, 05:07:33 pm
ok, my bad.

Good luck...it's 91 degrees down there in a band box ball park with the wind blowing out.

Ha, sounds like the perfect recipe for our bullpen huh?

Break & Run

Walker swings and misses at the first pitch.

Publius

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 12, 2007, 05:08:22 pm
Hamblin is dowe 1-2.  He's batting .274.  Hamblin hits a high pop up to ccenter.  They cants make the play. Hamblin gets a 2B.
Here's our opening...dammit someone get a big hit!

Break & Run

Walker loops to 3rd. Caught by the 3rd baseman.

Publius

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 12, 2007, 05:09:04 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 12, 2007, 05:07:33 pm
ok, my bad.
Yep.

Ha, sounds like the perfect recipe for our bullpen huh?

Break & Run

Willard swings and misses at a change-up. 0-1.

Break & Run

Willard hits it to Center.  Hamblin goes to 3rd.

Break & Run

Smalling at the plate.  a Single would tie the game.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Smalling grounded to short at the first plate appearance.

Break & Run

Publius

This small ball is a joke!  Will someone please get a hit!

Break & Run

Smalling swings at a pitch in the dirt.  Come on!!!

UrAzoRbacKs

Gotta get some runs out of this!!

Go Hogs!

Break & Run

Smalling takes a ball. 1-2.

Break & Run

2-2 on Smalling. Took ball 2.

Publius

Auburn with a rally going in the 9th...down 5-4 with a man at 1st and 1 out

Break & Run

Smalling gets hit.  It's tied at 3!!! GHG!!

mikeb

Break & Run

nice hitting by Smalling.

Break & Run

I thought i'd nvr say it. GO AUBURN!!! COME ON!!!

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 12, 2007, 05:13:09 pm
Smalling gets hit.  It's tied at 3!!! GHG!!

Thats why it was so big for Todd to get out of the 3rd with the game at 3-2.  New game again. 

Break & Run

Robison at the plate. Jones on deck.

Break & Run

Publius

Tigers with runners at 1st and 2nd, 1 out bottom of the 9th versus Vandy

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 12, 2007, 05:14:27 pm
Tigers with runners at 1st and 2nd, 1 out bottom of the 9th versus Vandy

Thanks for those updates Publius....

Break & Run

Robison takes ball 2. pulled bat back after showing bunt.

Break & Run

Robison sent a LONG one to left, but foul.  It hit the light pole.

Publius

TIE BALL GAME AT AUBURN, 5-5, STILL BOTTOM OF THE 9TH TWO ON 1 DOWN FOR THE TIGERS!!

Break & Run

Break & Run

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 12, 2007, 05:15:54 pm
TIE BALL GAME AT AUBURN, 5-5, STILL BOTTOM OF THE 9TH TWO ON 1 DOWN FOR THE TIGERS!!

War Eagle!