Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs and Tide, Game 2

Started by Publius, May 12, 2007, 04:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Belture strikes out on a breaking ball.  5 K's for Todd today. 2 out.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Break & Run

Avila at the plate. Lefty.  Avila swings at first pitch and misses!

Break & Run

1-1 on Avila after a check-swing.

Break & Run

Publius

Going to the 9th at Auburn, still 4-3 Dores

Break & Run

fastball over outer edge. 1-2.

Break & Run

Avila has an even count 2-2.

Break & Run

Break & Run

2-2 on Avila.  Avila takes ball 3. 3-2

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 12, 2007, 04:52:46 pm
It's Belcher. my bad.

Don't sweat it....I just call 'em like I hear 'em when I do pbp....
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

Avila hits a base hit. 2 runs score.  Avila get's a double.

Publius

Merry go round with the pitch

Break & Run

Bama up 3-2 now. still 2 outs.

Break & Run

Bentley at the plate, 1-0.

Break & Run

Bentley takes a strike. 1-1.

Ouachihog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 12, 2007, 04:54:02 pm
Bama up 3-2 now. still 2 outs.

Big, big spot in the ball game right there......

2 outs and 1-2 count, but Avila comes through and gives Bama the lead. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Publius

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 12, 2007, 04:53:49 pm
Avila hits a base hit. 2 runs score.  Avila get's a double.
There's the problem with the Hogs over the past two weekends...our hitters are not getting any big 2 out hits the bad guys are.

Break & Run

Bentley's HR is the difference in the game right now. 10 on the yr.

Break & Run

Bentley takes ball 2. 2-1.

Break & Run

Bentley swings and missed. 2-2.

Break & Run

Hamblin's error is now very costly.

Publius

Hogs gotta answer NOW...if they screw around and let Bama get too big a lead, it's sweep city this weekend and you can kiss a super regional bid goodbye

Break & Run

Bama has out hit the Hogs, 5-3.

Break & Run

Bentley hits a tapper off hit foot.

Break & Run

Ouachihog

Quote from: Publius on May 12, 2007, 04:56:22 pm
Hogs gotta answer NOW...if they screw around and let Bama get too big a lead, it's sweep city this weekend and you can kiss a super regional bid goodbye

Good call....perhaps it is over-simplifying things, but any chance Ark has at a super-regional comes down to today's game, IMO.

Break & Run

Bentley popped it out foul.

Publius

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 12, 2007, 04:56:10 pm
Hamblin's error is now very costly.
Not as costly as giving up a hit to the 9 hole hitter on an 0-2 count

Break & Run

Bentley hits it to 2nd. ERROR. Willard knocked it down but stumbled.  Avila to THIRD.  2 ERRORS today, 7th on the weekend.

Break & Run

mikeb

I'm getting a headache...I need a kobeer  >:(

Break & Run

Odel swings, Bentley steals second.

Publius

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 12, 2007, 04:57:08 pm
Quote from: Publius on May 12, 2007, 04:56:22 pm

Good call....perhaps it is over-simplifying things, but any chance Ark has at a super-regional comes down to today's game, IMO.
I agree....baseball is a simple game and if they lose today they WILL get swept...and as I type another error for the Hogs this weekend!

Ouachihog

Biggest hitter of the weekend so far......need to get out of this inning NOW. 

Break & Run

Vandy leads 5-3 in top of the 9th.

razorhead69

Boys I belive the Hogs peaked to early this year.

Break & Run

Ole Miss tied with Uk 1-1 in 3rd.

Break & Run

1-1 with a pitch in the dirt.

Publius

We are a perfect example of how ridiculous college poles are...there is no way we are playing like a top 20 let alone a top 10 team.

Break & Run

2 outs, Todd needs this out.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Publius

Quote from: razorhead69 on May 12, 2007, 05:00:05 pm
Boys I belive the Hogs peaked to early this year.
I think it's the warmer weather...these guys did this same stuff last year with the old down the stretch el foldo

Break & Run

3-2 on Bentley.  Ball was in the dirt.

razorhead69

Oh well off to the H.S game.

Bring em home boys!!

Publius

And Vandy rubs salt into the wounds, now up 5-3 in the top of the 9th and still batting

Break & Run

Odel takes ball 4.  Bases are loaded.  COME ON TODD!!!!!!

Ouachihog

Sheesh, Todd's pitch count is over 50 already.