Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alabama Game 1

Started by chiefsfan, May 11, 2007, 11:17:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ballhog™

i guess I don't have to be nervous about us winning anymore
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Ouachihog

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

TuckFexas

7-0 Bama. We're playing like schit. We deserve to lose this one. I can't believe how flat we're playing. Do we not give a damn until the post-season? We're playing for a freakin' national seed!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

Ouachihog

If we lose this series, a national seed is out the window IMO.
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Ouachihog

Not only is Schmidt a concern....our bats are a HUGE concern.  We made Friday and Sunday starters for LSU look like all world pitchers and now this guy from bama looks like the next Cy Young. 

Hollywood_HOGan45

geez

looks like i can go back to not caring about baseball again

ballhog™

sometimes a good whippin will piss you off enough to get your head back on straight.

maybe grasping at straws but geez this isn't the same team as 3 weeks ago.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

TuckFexas

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 11, 2007, 08:30:39 pm
geez

We have our 1st admitted bandwagon fan.
Famous quote.

Ouachihog

8-0 bama, end of the inning

dakpowers

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 11, 2007, 08:30:39 pm
geez

We won't miss ya!

Ouachihog

ballhog™

there is getting beat and then there is getting blasted to the point of embarrassment

we have reached the latter

Ouachihog

Quote from: ballhog on May 11, 2007, 08:45:05 pm
there is getting beat and then there is getting blasted to the point of embarrassment

we have reached the latter

Yeah....bama's first batter in the 6th hit about a 430 ft home run.  The second guy grounded to third and Forsythe air-mailed the throw.   Bama has 11 hits, Arkansas has 2 hits. 

Head Dahn Hog

Just jumping on guys. 
What the HELL happened??
No excuses!  Play like a champion today!

Ouachihog

Quote from: Head Dahn Hog on May 11, 2007, 08:49:08 pm
Just jumping on guys. 
What the HELL happened??

We are going to lose for the 3rd time in Schmidt's last 4 starts...

10-0 bama, end of the 6th

ballhog™

Quote from: Head Dahn Hog on May 11, 2007, 08:49:08 pm
Just jumping on guys. 
What the HELL happened??

we've played poorly all game

schmidt got behind too many hitters and had to groove too many pitches with some walks

our hitting is nonexistant

now we are serving up pitches and making a few boneheaded plays behind that.

TuckFexas

Having to work on a saturday sucks. Having to work on a saturday after the Hogs lose (badly) really sucks.
Famous quote.

Head Dahn Hog

Wow.  Never expected this.

So far this season's been pretty smooth sailing until now.  Tomorrow's game may be the most important of the season.
No excuses!  Play like a champion today!

ballhog™

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 11, 2007, 08:53:31 pm
Having to work on a saturday sucks. Having to work on a saturday after the Hogs lose (badly) really sucks.

I hear you...just makes the weekend lose a little luster.

3kgthog

It's Bama and we never play well against them. I look for us to get swept or lose 2 of 3 this weekend. That's just the way it is against these guys.

ballhog™

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 11, 2007, 09:08:26 pm
It's Bama and we never play well against them. I look for us to get swept or lose 2 of 3 this weekend. That's just the way it is against these guys.

that's the way it has been, but why does it have to be that way?

Ouachihog

10-0 bama, bottom 8th....in case anyone still cares.

Bama announcers..."Fresh catfish and hushpuppies for dinner, and slapping the hogs around, can't be much better of a friday night." 

ballhog™

5 errors...no excuse for that.

Oliver

I hate jumping on and reading game threads anymore.  All I ever read is another K for the Hogs.

silvertip

Meanwhile:

Vandy beat Auburn, so Hawgs now 2 games back for overall title.

UGA & MSU suspended--rain--until tomorrow with UGA up 2-0 after 2 innings.

Ouachihog

Quote from: ballhog on May 11, 2007, 09:20:45 pm
5 errors...no excuse for that.

I agree.  That last one by Tschep was a teenie league grounder.  The hogs focus is sorely lacking. 

Ouachihog

Quote from: silvertip on May 11, 2007, 09:22:05 pm
Meanwhile:

We can forget about the overall title.

We better pick it up or we might not win our own division since MSU owns a tiebreaker over us. 

ballhog™

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 11, 2007, 09:23:31 pm
Meanwhile:

We better pick it up or we might not win our own division since MSU owns a tiebreaker over us. 

A week ago I thought the west was a lock...now not so much

Since 1894

I am so glad I had other things to do besides give pbp.

10 to 0

I am sick.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

chiefsfan

Meanwhile:

There is no tiebreak with MSU, because they have played 2 less league games then us

I said preseason 20-10 would be a great year in the SEC.   Now we have to win 4 out of 5 to just get that, when a few weeks ago it was a lock

Admittedly, the best time to go in a funk is right now... This isnt postseason, and we still have plenty of time to recover.   But its really worrisome the way we have played of late
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Michaelt

wow...playing well for most of the season and then tank at the end....that sounds familiar...

Will the "fire Van Horn" posts start peeking in now?
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

TuckFexas

Quote from: ballhog24 on May 12, 2007, 12:59:43 pm
wow...playing well for most of the season and then tank at the end....that sounds familiar...

Will the "fire Van Horn" posts start peeking in now?

No they won't, because I'll delete that ignorant BS.
Famous quote.

Ouachihog

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 12, 2007, 12:16:48 am
Meanwhile:

There is no tiebreak with MSU, because they have played 2 less league games then us

I said preseason 20-10 would be a great year in the SEC.   Now we have to win 4 out of 5 to just get that, when a few weeks ago it was a lock

Admittedly, the best time to go in a funk is right now... This isnt postseason, and we still have plenty of time to recover.   But its really worrisome the way we have played of late

Interesting. 

So who wins the division if Ark finishes 19-11 and MSU finishes 18-10?  If it is percentage points, MSU would be ahead.