Alabama Game 1

Started by chiefsfan, May 11, 2007, 11:17:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

Game 51

Arkansas Razorbacks @ Alabama Crimson Tide  Game 1 of 3

Time:  6:35 pm Tonight

Where:  Sewelll-Thomas Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL

Records:   Arkansas  (36-14, 16-8 SEC)  Alabama  (27-22, 11-13 SEC)

Coaches:  Arkansas  Dave Van Horn   Alabama  Jim Wells

Starting Pitchers
Arkansas  Nick Schmidt  (9-1, 2.69 ERA)
Alabama  Tommy Hunter  (5-4, 4.00 ERA)

Possible Starting Lineups (Subject to change)

Arkansas

CF  Jake Dugger
2B  Ben Tschepikow
3B  Logan Forsythe
DH  Jeff Nutt
LF  Casey Coon
1B  Danny Hamblin
RF  Jacob Julius
C   Brian Walker
SS  Matt Willard

Alabama

CF  Emeel Salem  (.347, 6 HR  29 RBI's)
2B  Brandon May  (.283  13 RBI's)
DH  Alex Avila      (.295, 11 HR  46 RBI's)
RF  Kent Matthes  (.306, 8 HR  44 RBI's)
1B  Matt Bentley   (.297, 9 HR  30 RBI's)
3B  Jake Smith    (.246, 6 HR  29 RBI's)
LF  Brandon Belcher  (.319, 2 HR  15 RBI's)
C   Kyle Moore    (.245  2 HR  9 RBI's)
SS  Greg Paiml   (.262  1 HR  15 RBI's)

I do a version of this before every ASU game, and decided I would try it out on the hogs...  Hogs Lineup is projected for today only,  I expect it to be the same or close ot it.  Van Horn mentioned he was thinking of giving Sean Jones tonight off.   If Jones does start, switch him and Tscheipkow.

Alabama's lineup and Team information courtesty the Crimson Tide Sports Information Office.

Alabama is hosting the SEC Outdoor Track and Field Championship's this weekend, so a big crowd is expected

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

spudhog

do you know why sean jones is taking the night off? he hasn't played in a week.

chiefsfan

Quote from: spudhog on May 11, 2007, 11:19:42 am
do you know why sean jones is taking the night off? he hasn't played in a week.

I dont know why, and this is Van Horn, so there are no gurantees.  But he mentioned this in his pre series press conference Wednesday.  Specifically said that he was thinking of starting Julius instead of Jones to give Jacob a chance to hit SEC pitching, and give Jones a bit of a rest
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

champ

Jones made a key base running mistake that infuriated Van Horne. He tried to steal a base on his own w/out getting the sign and got picked off.

mikeb

Hollywood_HOGan45

definitly remember Belcher from last year.

What a punk

mikeb

chiefsfan

Quote from: mikeb on May 11, 2007, 01:53:38 pm
Quote from: mikeb on May 11, 2007, 12:13:20 pm
Is Dugger 100% ?

Nobody know anything?

Dont know for sure.  I assume he is better off then he was in the LSU series...so we would have to be able to gauge at what percentage hw was last weekend

PiggyBack

I'm sure Dugger is fine with another week to rest.

Sean Jones hasn't been hitting quite as much lately, so DVH is going with Julius (probably).  And the baserunning mistake didn't help, either.

With no midweek games, DVH is going have to get some other guys in there from time to time to keep them ready.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

hogmary

When Van Horn put in Julius against LSU, he got a big hit.  Maybe that and Jones's base running mistake have something to do with it.  Sometimes, you just have to go with your gut.

VinnyW

anybody gonna do the play by play on here tonight?

UAFS-Hawg23

Lets get this thing going boys! Callin the hogs tonite in Fort Smith!

mikeb

ballhog™

Julius almost got a big hit.  LSU caught it at the top of the wall in the bottom of the 9th.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hogfan064

Auburn 1 Vandy 0 still early
UGA 2 MSU 0 rain delay
USC 0 UT 0 Rain delay

TuckFexas

Pull out the brooms hogs, Tuscaloosa needs cleaned.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

ballhog™

Quote from: TuckFexas on May 11, 2007, 06:38:34 pm

Love a sweep, would be satisfied with 2 of 3.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

rzrbckfan426

BT on 2nd and coon on 1st with 1 out

hogfan064

Quote from: ballhog on May 11, 2007, 06:41:06 pm
Quote from: TuckFexas on May 11, 2007, 06:38:34 pm

Love a sweep, would be satisfied with 2 of 3.

Just win 1 more than Vandy and MSU and we'll be perfect

Hogs have runners 1st and 2nd 1 out

rzrbckfan426

big at bat here for nutt

UAFS-Hawg23

anyway I can listen to this thing on the net my radio is scratchy here at my apt.

rzrbckfan426

rzrbckfan426

nutt strikes out on a high heater

ballhog™

Need a big 2 out hit. 

rzrbckfan426

rzrbckfan426

popped up to shallow left to retire the side

ballhog™

rzrbckfan426

Its time for schmitty to shut down some tidesmen

rzrbckfan426

salem gets single to center

hogfan064

Vandy 2
Auburn 1

Bottom 2nd

ballhog™

cmon schmidt...part of his troubles against LSU was getting behind the hitters...already started tonight.

rzrbckfan426

willard bobbled the dp ball but we got the lead runner

rzrbckfan426

Gapper to left center, triple gives bama the 1-0 lead

ballhog™

rzrbckfan426

Seems like Schmidt is having some trouble locating his pitches already

ballhog™

bobble on the dp ball cost us a run.

rzrbckfan426

There's a K for schmidt, 2 down runner on 3rd

rzrbckfan426

rzrbckfan426

ballhog™

schmidt's had trouble in the 2nd inning his last 2 starts.

having trouble in the first tonight.

rzrbckfan426

Wild pitch, runner moved up to 2nd

rzrbckfan426

3-0 on this batter as well, it could be a long night if something doesn't turn around

ballhog™

I don't remember schmitd having control problems like he has had the last 2 games.

rzrbckfan426

Another base hit, 1 run scores and Coon threw out the other runner. 
Hogs-0
Bama-2

3kgthog

He's running out of gas. He's thrown a handful of complete games. It's gotta catch up to him at some point.

ballhog™

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 11, 2007, 07:04:44 pm
He's running out of gas. He's thrown a handful of complete games. It's gotta catch up to him at some point.

that's what I was wondering...i hope that's not the case.

rzrbckfan426

Julius struck out on 3 pitches, hamblin up

rzrbckfan426

Hamblin popped up to first

rzrbckfan426

Walker with a single to center, 2 outs

rzrbckfan426