Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I talked with Van Horn at Swatter's Club today and he said

Started by Ghost Writer in the Sty, May 07, 2007, 08:38:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost Writer in the Sty

Schmidt, Todd and Welker are all gone after this year, no question, done deal.

Only good thing about that is that they are (ALL) good enough to be drafted very high and that means we have a very mean three game rotation (this season) which also means we have a very good chance to go very far in the regionals, super and Omaha!  Let's  hope this happens.

coach, my back hurts

My only hoping is that the draft is a few weeks away and maybe they will change their minds.  I'm a sure the scouts have been talkin to DVH and i'm sure DVH probably has a pretty good idea as to where these players may go.  Hopefully Todd and Welker will feel they can improve on their draft status by coming back for the their Sr yr.  Schmidt will be drafted in round 1or2.  Todd and Welker may be in the 4-7 or 8 range.  Pretty good to turn down.

We dont need to waste this talent why we have them.  Dugger and Hamblin will get drafted and Walker may also.  I hope Walker returns though.

clifflee4mvp

What is all this about Walker being drafted and not coming back? Where are you guys getting this? There is no way a big, slow, catcher with a sub par bat and good defensive skills is going to leave after his junior year! Also, Dugger did not even get drafted last year and Hamblin didn't go until the 9th round after his junior year. As for Todd, we knew when he resorted to coming here that he would only be here for 1 year if he performed well. As for Welker, I'm not sure where he'll go but Nick has been projected anywhere from mid first round to second round-supplemental.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

WhenPigsFly

I understood Dugger wasn't drafted because he let it be known he was coming back for this SR season. 

Walker may be drafted on his defensive skills alone.  That's the most important part of catching.

Guys who come back for their SR years are almost certainly costing themselves money, because they have no leverage.   What are they going to do, sit out a year?  When they do (ala Dugger and Hamblin) it's usually to play for a much improved team that has a shot to go a long way in the post season.

spudhog

walker will get drafted, just not sure how high. Schmidt is gone. Todd has pitched himself into a top 8 round pick. Welker could be back. Especially if he continues to struggle down the stretch. We still should have a decent staff coming back. Keuchel, Cox and co should provide a young but good staff.

Hollywood_HOGan45

chiefsfan

Jess Todd is being projected as being a 2nd round pick right now.   So he's gone.  As for welker, we are in a bit of a spot, if he performs poorly, he may stay for next year, but we dont win as much this year.   If he pitches well, we certainly win this year, but then he goes pro before next year.   Here's to hoping Welker gets a really high draft pick  ;)

Seibert is taking a medical redshirt, and will be back next year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on May 07, 2007, 09:37:09 pm
What is all this about Walker being drafted and not coming back? Where are you guys getting this? There is no way a big, slow, catcher with a sub par bat and good defensive skills is going to leave after his junior year! Also, Dugger did not even get drafted last year and Hamblin didn't go until the 9th round after his junior year. As for Todd, we knew when he resorted to coming here that he would only be here for 1 year if he performed well. As for Welker, I'm not sure where he'll go but Nick has been projected anywhere from mid first round to second round-supplemental.

Its a 50+ round draft, Walker will get drafted somewhere.   

Here is who I expect to be drafted this year  (May or may not go pro)

Hamblin
Dugger
Schmidt
Todd
Welker
Coon
Nutt
Walker
Hill

many of those may be late late picks, so several might return.  It needs to be said that Logan Forsythe is not eligible for the draft untill after next season, so we know he will return
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Juboar

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on May 08, 2007, 10:54:44 am
I understood Dugger wasn't drafted because he let it be known he was coming back for this SR season. 

Walker may be drafted on his defensive skills alone.  That's the most important part of catching.

Guys who come back for their SR years are almost certainly costing themselves money, because they have no leverage.   What are they going to do, sit out a year?  When they do (ala Dugger and Hamblin) it's usually to play for a much improved team that has a shot to go a long way in the post season.

You are exactly right-  the time to test the waters is your Jr. year. 

boomo26

Walker is going in the draft for sure, unless one thing happens.  Walker was picked up in the draft last year, why would he not go this year??

[/quote]

Hamblin
Dugger
Schmidt
Todd
Welker
Coon
Nutt
Walker
Hill

many of those may be late late picks, so several might return.  It needs to be said that Logan Forsythe is not eligible for the draft untill after next season, so we know he will return
[/quote]

I agree with you on every player besides Hill that is a question in my mind.

Boomo

razorhead69

Let's just win the whole thing this year and next year will not be hard to take.
Plus the recruits will come if we win!!

BigDave70

I hope we keep everyone that is not a senior, but I know the realization of that is probably not good
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

ledhead830

Quote from: boomo26 on May 08, 2007, 02:29:09 pm
Walker is going in the draft for sure, unless one thing happens.  Walker was picked up in the draft last year, why would he not go this year??

It's typically very difficult for players to get drafted when they aren't eligible for the draft. He was a tue sophomore last year, thus not drafted.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

WhenPigsFly

Actually Walker is a redshirt junior.  He sat out 2004 at Arizona St.   Thus I believe he would have been draft elegible last year.

ledhead830

May 08, 2007, 07:09:32 pm #14 Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:12:53 pm by ledhead830
Quote from: WhenPigsFly on May 08, 2007, 06:58:53 pm
Actually Walker is a redshirt junior.  He sat out 2004 at Arizona St.   Thus I believe he would have been draft elegible last year.

Yeah, I just realized that, either way, he wasn't one of the five Hogs drafted last season.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,

Texman

Quote from: hogapalooza on May 07, 2007, 08:42:10 pm
DVH will replace them.    I BELIEVE!

Hogs picked up a pitcher from Texas today.  More to follow.

arkjay19

hard to replace 5 high MLB draft picks.  But with Dugger, Hamblin, Schmidt, Welker, and Todd all gone after this season, it's hard to believe that next year's team is going to be just as good as this year's, especially with the possibility of Coon and Walker getting drafted too. 

but it is great to have the best 3-man rotation in the NCAA, just to imagine how good this team would be with Seibert . . . . .

yraciv

This is a stretch, and I'll see it when I believe it, but I heard someone really close to Schmidt say he is staying.  He loves college life, and his family is really big on academics.  I know it's a stretch and we've heard it before with good players, but how awesome would that be.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: boomo26 on May 08, 2007, 02:29:09 pm

Hamblin
Dugger
Schmidt
Todd
Welker
Coon
Nutt
Walker
Hill

I agree with you on every player besides Hill that is a question in my mind.

Boomo

mostly because he wasn't drafted last year Boomo. Hamblin, Gentry, Paker, Collis, and Maday were the Hogs taken is last year's draft.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Hawgzilla

Quote from: Texman on May 08, 2007, 07:51:10 pm

Hogs picked up a pitcher from Texas today.  More to follow.

Any news on the player we picked up.....Thanks

Sect103

Here is a link to a list of our present recruits for next year.

http://www.hognation.net/baseball/recruits.html

Courtesy of Dale and Charlie over at Hognation. (Not the message board.)

Also, letter of intent signed means nothing until the player shows up for classes on the first day of fall classes. The draft can kill a recruiting class in baseball.
Proud member of the Baum Squad!

Hawgzilla

Quote from: hogapalooza on May 10, 2007, 12:54:41 pm
Quote from: Sect103 on May 10, 2007, 12:45:10 pm
Here is a link to a list of our present recruits for next year.

http://www.hognation.net/baseball/recruits.html

Courtesy of Dale and Charlie over at Hognation. (Not the message board.)

Also, letter of intent signed means nothing until the player shows up for classes on the first day of fall classes. The draft can kill a recruiting class in baseball.
And it often does.

Referring to the post by Texman,saying we got a recruit out of Texas yesterday..........Hognation was updated on May 9.......Anyone else here of who we may have gotton?