Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taking a Look at the Pursuit of a few Arkansas Career Hitting Records

Started by WilsonHog, April 30, 2007, 05:41:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Jake Dugger is now the career leader in walks with 157.

Danny Hamblin is now second to Ryan Lundquist in career home runs and RBIs. Danny has 51 home runs, five behind Lundquist, and 209 career RBIs, 24 behind Lundquist.

Unfortunately, Hamblin is also in second place on the career strikeout record with 217, just seven behind Brian Kirby. Dugger is third all-time with 198 strikeouts.

Hamblin is second in career total bases with 485 (Lundquist has 538) and third in base hits with 268 (Lundquist has 288 and Kendrick Moore has 282).

Hamblin is second in career ABs with 879, and Dugger is fourth with 806 (Moore has 880 and Lundquist has 874).

HOG02

You sure do have a lot of time on your hands.

I don't think anyone will be able to break Kirby's K record.  Most guys get pulled before they reach that point.

WilsonHog

Quote from: HOG02 on April 30, 2007, 06:31:12 pm
You sure do have a lot of time on your hands.

I don't think anyone will be able to break Kirby's K record.  Most guys get pulled before they reach that point.

Not time...passion.

TuckFexas

While I don't know if it was the best move on his part or not, I applaud Hamblin for sticking around for his senior year when he could be playing professionally. I'm glad he's been able to turn it around the 2nd part of the season.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

BigDave70

Quote from: TuckFexas on April 30, 2007, 07:57:32 pm
While I don't know if it was the best move on his part or not, I applaud Hamblin for sticking around for his senior year when he could be playing professionally. I'm glad he's been able to turn it around the 2nd part of the season.
I agree, but I sure am glad that he did stay because I think he has one of the best glove at 1st in the country right now
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

duckhead

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 30, 2007, 05:41:24 pm
Jake Dugger is now the career leader in walks with 157.

Danny Hamblin is now second to Ryan Lundquist in career home runs and RBIs. Danny has 51 home runs, five behind Lundquist, and 209 career RBIs, 24 behind Lundquist.

Unfortunately, Hamblin is also in second place on the career strikeout record with 217, just seven behind Brian Kirby. Dugger is third all-time with 198 strikeouts.

Hamblin is second in career total bases with 485 (Lundquist has 538) and third in base hits with 268 (Lundquist has 288 and Kendrick Moore has 282).

Hamblin is second in career ABs with 879, and Dugger is fourth with 806 (Moore has 880 and Lundquist has 874).

where do you find the hogs career stats ?

BigDave70

You can go to www.hogwired.com go to the Baseball tab and click on media guide its in there
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

coach, my back hurts

Unfortunately Hamblin will break Kirbys record before the post season even gets here.  The way he has been hitting the ball lately he shouldnt have hurt his stock too much.  His avg doesnt look good, but his HR/RBI numbers are impressive.  And he is good size kid and a good athlete. 

I think size will be the downfall for the rest of our players over the course of their careers except for Schmidt/Welker.  Dugger, Coon, Forsythe, and Walker are not very big players.  Scouts are into getting size.  I guess with size comes strength.  You cant teach someone to be 6'3''.