Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shaw

Started by Hogtimes, November 26, 2012, 10:11:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtimes

I am thinking it might be Shaw.
I know he is a Stanford alum etc....  but he inheirted what Harbaugh left.   

Now he is faced with recruiting players at that level and he must do so with the academic standards at Stanford.  I do not know, but I  suspect probably half of the players on our team, or on most major football teams, would not have met the academic standards to be recruited to Stanford.       

Plus Stanford does not put alot of emphasis on football and therefore his salary is not competetive.  He could likely triple his salary at Arkansas.

popcornhog

Can't see it. Would love it though.
WPS

Hogmiser

I would take David Shaw in a heartbeat!! Look what He is doing at Stanford!! :) :razorback:
Welcome to Hog Country Brett Bielema!! We are Happy to have You as A Hog Brett. Go Hogs and WPS!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Yep would take him too.  He is not just coasting with Harbaugh's players he is maintaining what Harbaugh was able to do and we saw first hand this year that with talent but no coaching teams crash and burn.  Hell he can recruit CA kids while developing those all important Texas ties.  Also seems to fit the mold of what JL is looking for.

Shaw has shown he can coach and game plan.  Harbaugh's last two years they were 8-5 and 12-1, last year Shaw was 11-2 and this year 10-2 and could finish 12-2.  His two losses this year were @washington by 4 and @ND by 7 in OT.  He finished the season strong beating 3 ranked opponents including Oregon and 2 of the 3 were on the road.  If you can hold Oregon to 14 on the road you can coach, period.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.