Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Tennessee

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 06, 2016, 06:25:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

PORKULATOR

Looking like a home team should... Except for Free Throws... Wth man
No excuse.

Woopigs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TNhawgfan

Good first half. Don't let up hogs. I hate the vols!
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PORKULATOR

I will never understand poor free throw shooting at the college level. If we ever have a team that's the quality of this bunch, but.... BUT!!! They make their free throws and stop fouling guys with under 3 on the shot clock, then we'll have a lot of damn fun rooting for the Hogs again because we'll be like 18-4 instead of 11-11.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

PharmacistHog

I dont remember us ever being too great at free throws or rebounding. I'm sure there were a few teams here and there that were okay but seems to me we always lacked from the line and on the boards but made up for it with turnovers and fast breaks.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Bigmac2

If no one is going to question Beard not waiting for the last shot and instead jacking up a 3 then I am. What was he thinking. I love his defense and his ability to drive the land but that was an ill advised shot.

wupigsuey

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 06, 2016, 07:48:28 pm
Because we are winning maybe, I dunno

lol might be. Nothing to say if not complaining.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

alohawg

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 06, 2016, 07:45:02 pm
I will never understand poor free throw shooting at the college level. If we ever have a team that's the quality of this bunch, but.... BUT!!! They make their free throws and stop fouling guys with under 3 on the shot clock, then we'll have a lot of damn fun rooting for the Hogs again because we'll be like 18-4 instead of 11-11.

I would have every player shoot 10 ft's per % below 100% ft shooting per day. In other words, if a man is shooting 78% on the season, he should be shooting 220 ft's a day everyday in practice. Want to shoot less in practice, make a higher % when it counts.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hogfaniam

Quote from: Bigmac2 on February 06, 2016, 07:52:01 pm
If no one is going to question Beard not waiting for the last shot and instead jacking up a 3 then I am. What was he thinking. I love his defense and his ability to drive the land but that was an ill advised shot.

Mike had his "WTH" face on after that.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

alohawg

Quote from: alohawg on February 06, 2016, 07:44:01 pm
Beard needs to stay on the bench after that.

I did.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

TNhawgfan

Quote from: wupigsuey on February 06, 2016, 07:40:15 pm
Quiet in here tonight
Yeah razorbacks1 is actually getting to do a score thread without everyone's whining

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

trippigs

Hogs in control.  Outside and inside game working which doesn't happen too often. Let's keep Tenner out of sync and get a nice win. Ginger talks a lot

LA Football fan

They are missing free throws because their form is atrocious.  Stiff legs, looking at the basket at the last moment and just flicking the ball up there.  There is NO way you can be consistent shooting free throws like that.  Someone needs to show them what proper free throw shooting form looks like and then MAKE them shoot them like that.  Some nights they may shoot okay just due to the law of averages but when your form is that bad, then nights like tonight will be more often than not.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Bigmac2

Did I see a stat correct on the broadcast. We are 4th in the nation in 3 or percentage but 178th in 3 points attempt per game. I'm sure percentage may drop with more attempts (see Beard) but you might have give it a try.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

TNhawgfan

alohawg

Quote from: LA Football fan on February 06, 2016, 07:59:08 pm
They are missing free throws because their form is atrocious.  Stiff legs, looking at the basket at the last moment and just flicking the ball up there.  There is NO way you can be consistent shooting free throws like that.  Someone needs to show them what proper free throw shooting form looks like and then MAKE them shoot them like that.  Some nights they may shoot okay just due to the law of averages but when your form is that bad, then nights like tonight will be more often than not.

Not all, but yeah too many have terrible form. It's like they've not been taught.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

alohawg

-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

JHicks3636

As good as football is in the SEC, basketball is just horrible. Couldn't even ride Kentucky this year. If we can just recruit a little, it wouldn't be hard to get back on top of the conference. Getting back on a national level won't be as easy.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Agree except the drive the lane part.  With him, two bad things happen for every good thing when he does that.

TBH, I dread seeing him come off the bench.
As I said in a different thread, he's like an angry wolverine trapped in a UFC Octagon with both teams.  He's just as likely to hamstring the opponent as chew off your toe.

EDIT:
To be fair, the talent is there.  It's his decision-making that scares the crap out of me.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

alohawg

Pivotal point here. Hopefully Moses makes these ft's and we take back momentum.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

PORKULATOR

Dusty needs about 3 open looks to break their backs.
I honestly never feel like he's gonna miss.
When we had Rotnei Clark, I would feel like he was forcing sometimes, but I feel like DH is gonna make everything.

Hogfaniam

how old is Stefan Moody?  Older than Kodi Walker?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!