Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs Tennessee

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 06, 2016, 06:25:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

hogginbama

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 06, 2016, 08:50:53 pm
Yes you keep your tongue and say what you have to say but stay inside of the lines. I have been in games that turned completely around because of a statement a coach made. People can believe otherwise but officials can turn a game in a matter of a couple calls. We have the right to blast them but coaches can't. Nolan could talk to officias differently because he was as big as a grizzly bear and some of the officials thought he might kick their asses for real. Today's officials have the league, conference and NCAA behind them and they know nothing is going to happen to them

And that there is the problem. Complacency with the officiating. Enough folks start lighting their tails up and the leagues will be forced to make changes. If you were the CEO of a company would you let sub-standard employees stay on for fear that they may "change something in the matter of minutes"? The officials in today's games, in all leagues from high school to pros, already impact the outcome of games. In saying that, the question becomes, what do you have to lose.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.