Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire in the Bud

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 06, 2016, 06:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

February 06, 2016, 06:03:17 pm Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:23:20 pm by Razorbacks#1
Apparently a small fire in one of the suites.

Alyssa Orange ‏@AlyssaOrange  · 18m18 minutes ago 
Fire inside a suite at Bud Walton.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Alyssa Orange ‏@AlyssaOrange  · 12m12 minutes ago 
Fire department in BWA trying to stop the water sprinklers.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 06, 2016, 06:04:49 pm
Alyssa Orange ‏@AlyssaOrange  · 12m12 minutes ago 
Fire department in BWA trying to stop the water sprinklers.

Wow!

wheelspigharvey

Buddy is a firefighter, guess they may need to delay the game to clean the water?

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on February 06, 2016, 06:11:32 pm
Buddy is a firefighter, guess they may need to delay the game to clean the water?
From the short clip I saw on twitter. it appears to be sprinklers in the suite only

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks for posting factchecker. I have never figured out how to post a twitter post.

THUNDER!

Hogsfan1981

Possible fire...I read that wrong.

Razorbacks#1

 NWA Razorback Club Retweeted

The Arkansas Logo ‏@Arkansas_Logo  · 9m9 minutes ago 
Mike Anderson would applaud the speed at which the fire in Bud Walton was contained and water was cleaned up. #Fastest40

THUNDER!

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

factchecker

No problem.  On mobile it might be different but this is how I do it on a laptop:

go to twitter
find tweet
on tweet there are four options (from left to right): reply, retweet, like, and more
"more" is the option represented by three little dots.
click on the dots to open a drop down with multiple options
select Copy link to Tweet
a text box should appear with the tweets url selected/highlighted
You can either copy or cut from this
--- I like to cut b/c it confirms that I captured the tweet ---

simply paste the url into the hogville text box (post reply)

*don't embed tweet- it copies a whole bunch of other code and jargon

if you copy and paste you don't have to use the twitter function on hogville... just copy/cut, paste, and post

Thank you for your great play by play--- Go Hogs
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tophawg19

in the case of a bad fire , would they finish the season in barnhill ? or just play all games as away games ? wonder if this has ever happened ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: factchecker on February 06, 2016, 06:32:30 pm
No problem.  On mobile it might be different but this is how I do it on a laptop:

go to twitter
find tweet
on tweet there are four options (from left to right): reply, retweet, like, and more
"more" is the option represented by three little dots.
click on the dots to open a drop down with multiple options
select Copy link to Tweet
a text box should appear with the tweets url selected/highlighted
You can either copy or cut from this
--- I like to cut b/c it confirms that I captured the tweet ---

simply paste the url into the hogville text box (post reply)

*don't embed tweet- it copies a whole bunch of other code and jargon

if you copy and paste you don't have to use the twitter function on hogville... just copy/cut, paste, and post

Thank you for your great play by play--- Go Hogs

Thanks. I'm sure you not only helped me, but many others.

THUNDER!

factchecker

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 06, 2016, 06:39:24 pm
in the case of a bad fire , would they finish the season in barnhill ? or just play all games as away games ? wonder if this has ever happened ?

I asked one of the Foundation reps if it would be possible to play one game a year in Barnhill and they said that the way the seating and floor is configured it's pretty much not an option.

I think it would be awesome to play an old SWC opponent there once a year.  If you built it up and played a team like Texas you could have a rocking atmosphere and prime time coverage. 
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Razorbacks#1

"Sources said the suite was one used by the family of Arkansas head coach Mike Anderson."

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/feb/06/fire-department-called-walton-arena/

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

I hope they evacuated that section and it is not a sign of attendance.

tophawg19

Quote from: factchecker on February 06, 2016, 06:51:20 pm
I asked one of the Foundation reps if it would be possible to play one game a year in Barnhill and they said that the way the seating and floor is configured it's pretty much not an option.

I think it would be awesome to play an old SWC opponent there once a year.  If you built it up and played a team like Texas you could have a rocking atmosphere and prime time coverage. 
That would be awesome . there was no place like barnhill when the crowd go going. that advantage we had was amazing . that crowd could take over a game
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoggish1

You had me worried there for a minute because from the TV audio there was not fire in the Bud all through the game.

And when the camera looked around there was nobody there...

Great beat down, though!

TomBigBeeHog

Fire in the Bud! New party call for firing up the hookah.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

1 hog n eldo

They could always move the games to little rock...  ;)

Inhogswetrust

February 07, 2016, 09:28:23 am #20 Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:48:18 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on February 06, 2016, 06:13:39 pm
From the short clip I saw on twitter. it appears to be sprinklers in the suite only

I've had one of my hotels catch on fire. It is nothing to play with obviously. Some people don't know that sprinklers only go off in the vicinity of a fire. Movies that show it going off throughout a whole building are usually wrong. Some places have changed their local codes to even include some type of fire suppression systems in individual residential houses. They tried to do that in a Memphis area suburb. It didn't get past the town leaders when the local builders started to scream about it. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

woodhog14