Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who would have thought

Started by jdunhog, February 06, 2016, 01:46:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jdunhog

Bringing back 13% of our scoring we would be leading the league n scoring at 81.6 per game.  Many Haters predicted we wouldn't average 60!

MountieDawg

Quote from: jdunhog on February 06, 2016, 01:46:03 pm
Bringing back 13% of our scoring we would be leading the league n scoring at 81.6 per game.  Many Haters predicted we wouldn't average 60!

The problem is being number 263 in the nation in scoring defense.
SEC!

We are scoring more than I expected.  I also thought we would win 13 games, so we are ahead of that pace.

Atlhogfan1

A few extreme posters made comments similar to the 60 pt thing. 

Possessions per game are up this season in college basketball.  Hogs are over +3 vs last season 75.9 to 72.3 last season.  Shot clock change and perhaps some officiating emphasis favoring the offense helping.

Hogs extra scoring chances per game down to 2.8 from 5.3 last season. 

Helped by Bell finally shooting to his potential and being joined by Hannahs.  It is rare to have two shooters of this quality on the same team especially for our program over the last several seasons. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

razorbackkid

Tis a positive sign indeed.  Me thinks going away from "the fastest forty in basketball" has much to do with that.

Btw...the CrossChurch dude below looks a lot like Les Miles.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

hulk hog

I was one who had that mindset and it was a real possibility. As you stated we had 13% coming back and added only 1 newcomer that was thought to contribute(Whitt). Hannahs has been better than I expected and Kingsely and Bell have really improved. I give Mike full credit for this. I don't think because you have concerns with the program based on what you see makes you a "hater".
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 06, 2016, 02:10:15 pm
A few extreme posters made comments similar to the 60 pt thing. 

Possessions per game are up this season in college basketball.  Hogs are over +3 vs last season 75.9 to 72.3 last season.  Shot clock change and perhaps some officiating emphasis favoring the offense helping.

Hogs extra scoring chances per game down to 2.8 from 5.3 last season. 

Helped by Bell finally shooting to his potential and being joined by Hannahs.  It is rare to have two shooters of this quality on the same team especially for our program over the last several seasons.

I had thought early on that we had a chance due to having shooters... the real shame is when you finally get them and Moses steps up, the 3/4 spot is week... any 2 of Jacorey, Babb, Qualls or Kapita makes this a legit team...