Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida's last inbounds play

Started by hldstdy, February 03, 2016, 10:04:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hldstdy

Should Florida have been allowed to run the baseline on their last inbounds play? Announcer had just mentioned that FLA wouldn't be allowed to run baseline since they were coming out of a timeout. Was wondering if it should have been a turnover...

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hldstdy on February 03, 2016, 10:04:07 pm
Should Florida have been allowed to run the baseline on their last inbounds play? Announcer had just mentioned that FLA wouldn't be allowed to run baseline since they were coming out of a timeout. Was wondering if it should have been a turnover...

I am pretty sure that you can run the baseline after a made basket even after a time out.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 10:05:27 pm
I am pretty sure that you can run the baseline after a made basket even after a time out.
Correct, nothing in the status changed with a TO! Joe Dean was just bumping gums without engaging brain!

hobhog

When do the Hog baseballers hit he field......?

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: hldstdy on February 03, 2016, 10:04:07 pm

The announcers were not talking about running the baseline.  They were saying they hated how you couldn't advance the ball out of a timeout like the NBA. 

jry04

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2016, 09:52:50 am
The announcers were not talking about running the baseline.  They were saying they hated how you couldn't advance the ball out of a timeout like the NBA. 
Actually, Joe Dean did say since it was a timeout that he could not run the baseline. He was wrong, but he did say it.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 10:05:27 pm

If you take possession at the baseline, inbound the ball + it's deflected OOB, you can't move when you inbound again. I think.
[CENSORED]!

Rocket23

Correct, but there was no deflection, only a timeout.