Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sure am glad...............

Started by ShadowHawg, February 03, 2016, 08:16:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

that the bogus Tech on Moses wasn't a big factor down the stretch of the game.

Dr. Starcs

And yet aren't you the one ok with players fouling out because the players have to adjust to the officiating?

I don't want them having any more power than they already have.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 03, 2016, 08:18:23 pm
And yet aren't you the one ok with players fouling out because the players have to adjust to the officiating?

I don't want them having any more power than they already have.

Yes I am. This doesn't change it a bit for me either.

The refs have jobbed us at Fla for years. Aren't college refs local guys and not really affiliated with conferences.

rude1

Moses needs to learn to shut up and play ball, he is doing what Beard was doing at one point last season, and that is complaining about every call that goes for him or against him. Only thing he is doing is marking himself for more fouls and hurting the team.

HoopS

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2016, 08:26:14 pm
Moses needs to learn to shut up and play ball, he is doing what Beard was doing at one point last season, and that is complaining about every call that goes for him or against him. Only thing he is doing is marking himself for more fouls and hurting the team.
I said that earlier this season. Whining too much. And it draws you an extra whistle here and there

Atlhogfan1

Yep.  He has been whining all season.  Durham too.  Refs are tired of it. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

labb

He put his hands on the ref...Can't do that

ArkansasI

I can't stand Florida.

Wish we'd played better. Kevaughn looks like a player. Hate that his free throws had an impact in beating us.

Bell continues to impress me. The guy has really matured - got game.

XavierZane

There were at least three major officiating mistakes in the last minutes that I can think of: the travel that wasn't called, the final foul on Moses that should have been offensive, and letting them run the baseline on their final inbound.  That right there is the difference in the game, letting them continue three possessions that they should have lost towards the end.

Plus the phantom tech on Moses earlier and +16 fta. 

ShadowHawg

The guy that called the tech was not even being spoken to. He came from the side and both MK and a Fla player were talking, not squared off. It was one of the weirder tech calls you will ever see.

At the end of the day, you have to look and see what you could have done better as a team to win. Those are the only things that a team really has control over.

This did get to where the 2 pts that Fla got on that tech gave them would have made this a last possession game at the end.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: labb on February 03, 2016, 08:32:01 pm
He put his hands on the ref...Can't do that

after the tech.............

SemperHawg

I can't speak to the Moses tech because we don't know what he said... The no call on the back court carry on the other hand, was absolutely brutal.

rude1

Quote from: ArkansasI on February 03, 2016, 08:32:03 pm
I can't stand Florida.

Wish we'd played better. Kevaughn looks like a player. Hate that his free throws had an impact in beating us.

Bell continues to impress me. The guy has really matured - got game.
Yeah so much for the premature and early prediction that we got the better player in Whitt over KA, right now it doesn't even appear close in talent. JW is struggling mighty and providing absolutely nothing when he is on the court, while KA is looking like he is going to be an all SEC level player in this league.

Danny J

He got a T just a few games ago for doing the same thing. Coach A needs to pull him out of the game at that point and let him cool off. White was smart....they were being REALLY physical with Moses tonight and he got frustrated. I think that is why White waited to but Egbunu in the game late in the first half so that he could get rough with Moses without fouling out. He still had 4 fouls. They were being very physical and there were times we were avoiding contact. I can't remember the time on the clock but we were down 5 and Whitt gets a run out and instead of going into the contact he jumps to the side of Hill(going for the block) and totally avoided contact. We got the ball back and Hannahs scored(while the SECn was showing the "good hands play"). It is little things like that play that hurt us. We need to stop shying away from teams that are playing us physical. We start relying too much on tough jump shots.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2016, 08:34:53 pm
Yeah so much for the premature and early prediction that we got the better player in Whitt over KA, right now it doesn't even appear close in talent. JW is struggling mighty and providing absolutely nothing when he is on the court, while KA is looking like he is going to be an all SEC level player in this league.

You think Allen looked good? I thought he was smart not coming here after tonight because he isn't a good fit. He is stiff  athletically, a poor shooter, didn't notice him being much on d either.

I was actually thinking the opposite here. I think Whitt has a much higher ceiling and made more plays tonight in his limited role than Allen made with all of his.

Aside from FTs, Allen isn't that much right now. If both he and Whitt were here I don't think we would have even one more win.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2016, 08:34:53 pm
Yeah....missed on Allen big time. Whitt isn't close to being ready. He needs to add some muscle and work on his shot. He needs to spend as much time as possible with Thurman, Mayberry and Hannahs to help correct his mechanics. It can be done. As a matter of fact both Buddy Hield and Kevin Punter had awkward shots, not quite to the extent of Whitt, and worked hard during the offseason and it has made a HUGE difference in their games. I hope Whitt doesn't wait till after his junior year to start working on his shot.

XavierZane

What are the odds ESPN is going to mention a single of those non-calls in their write-up of this game?  They seemed concerned about proper officiating when we beat A&M... I wonder if that will continue?

ShadowHawg

Allen and Whitt had the exact same stat line minus FTs. The only diff being that it took KA twice as many minutes to get his.

I guess you see what you want though.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400830427

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 08:40:02 pm
You think Allen looked good? I thought he was smart not coming here after tonight because he isn't a good fit. He is stiff  athletically, a poor shooter, didn't notice him being much on d either.

I was actually thinking the opposite here. I think Whitt has a much higher ceiling and made more plays tonight in his limited role than Allen made with all of his.

Aside from FTs, Allen isn't that much right now. If both he and Whitt were here I don't think we would have even one more win.
Yeah being a homer I suppose you would see it that way. But the reality is Whitt isn't even close to what KA is right now. KA in conference is averaging double figures in scoring, shooting 56% from field, 50% from three, 86% from free throw line. Saying our guy has a "higher ceiling", just means our guy isn't nearly as good as the one they got right now. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2016, 08:45:59 pm
Yeah being a homer I suppose you would see it that way. But the reality is Whitt isn't even close to what KA is right now. KA in conference is averaging double figures in scoring, shooting 56% from field, 50% from three, 86% from free throw line. Saying our guy has a "higher ceiling", just means our guy isn't nearly as good as the one they got right now.

Are we talking about the same KA? Overall he is not shooting anywhere near those pcts. He is shooting 42% overall and 33% from 3.

Worse yet, he does average 10 pts. I wouldn't want him shooting enough to average double digits with his shooting pcts.

Rocket23

Quote from: XavierZane on February 03, 2016, 08:32:36 pm
There were at least three major officiating mistakes in the last minutes that I can think of: the travel that wasn't called, the final foul on Moses that should have been offensive, and letting them run the baseline on their final inbound.  That right there is the difference in the game, letting them continue three possessions that they should have lost towards the end.

Plus the phantom tech on Moses earlier and +16 fta. 
You are listening to announcers that don't know the rules apparently.  You can run the baseline after a made basket.  The timeout is irrelevant.  When TO is over the team still has option to run the baseline.

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 08:50:20 pm
Are we talking about the same KA? Overall he is not shooting anywhere near those pcts. He is shooting 42% overall and 33% from 3.

Worse yet, he does average 10 pts. I wouldn't want him shooting enough to average double digits with his shooting pcts.
Notice I said in conference. He is averaging 12 a game over the season. He started really slow but his numbers have jumped off the chart since the beginning of conference, averaging something like 15+ points a game. His shooting numbers I gave are for the conference season.

bvillepig

We did not miss on Allen. He never wanted to come here. There is nothing we could have done to get him here that was legal. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2016, 08:53:14 pm
Notice I said in conference. He is averaging 12 a game over the season. He started really slow but his numbers have jumped off the chart since the beginning of conference, averaging something like 15+ points a game. His shooting numbers I gave are for the conference season.

I did. He was 0 for A&M. He sucked tonight, and judging by his season stats, he didn't come in SEC ready at all. Sounds like he is getting more comfortable is all to me and Florida has had 7 of their last 9 at home.

azhog10

Quote from: Rocket23 on February 03, 2016, 08:51:04 pm
You are listening to announcers that don't know the rules apparently.  You can run the baseline after a made basket.  The timeout is irrelevant.  When TO is over the team still has option to run the baseline.
Correct. I heard the announcer say that and I was thinking to myself...a timeout doesn't kill the ball.

Danny J

Quote from: azhog10 on February 03, 2016, 08:59:24 pm
Correct. I heard the announcer say that and I was thinking to myself...a timeout doesn't kill the ball.
Give Joe Dean Jr some credit though....he said at the beginning of the broadcast we made the sweet 16 last year....I thought that was nice of him.

Hog1751

I'm so sick of hearing about how we missed on Allen. The kid didn't want to come Arkansas so get over it. Jimmy Whitt will be a nice player for us when its said and done. While officiating was bad at times what cost us this game was poor interior defense and poor free throw shooting early. The fact that we have already won more games than most people on here thought should be enough to get people off Mikes back. Were literally a dozen or so plays away from being 17-4. The fact that this team is so short handed and yet continues to win games at home and play well on the road should give everyone hope for the future.

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 08:40:02 pm

Is that Elmer's glue you are sniffing? Whitt isn't in Allen's league right now.

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 08:58:20 pm
I did. He was 0 for A&M. He sucked tonight, and judging by his season stats, he didn't come in SEC ready at all. Sounds like he is getting more comfortable is all to me and Florida has had 7 of their last 9 at home.
Your bias is clearly showing, picking one game where he scored 0,  you didn't mention the 27 he put up against Ole Miss. JW has 4 scoreless conference games by the way. KA came into the game averaging 15 points a game in conference, trying to suggest that is just ho hum for a freshman is ridiculous......

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2016, 08:45:59 pm

I just looked at each box score for that period. No way your numbers are right. Through the first four conf games he had an O for A&M and a 4-14 game while not shooting 50% in the other two and he was 2-6 tonight. He has had good games against the bottom feeders of the conference + WV and disappeared against everyone else.

He did go 9-11 against Ole Miss at home during that time but if your numbers are right, they are the bastard child of ONE aberrant conference performance.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2016, 09:12:43 pm
Is that Elmer's glue you are sniffing? Whitt isn't in Allen's league right now.

They had the exact same line tonight but it took Allen twice as long to have the same impact.

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:22:31 pm
I just looked at each box score for that period. No way your numbers are right. Through the first four conf games he had an O for A&M and a 4-14 game while not shooting 50% in the other two and he was 2-6 tonight. He has had good games against the bottom feeders of the conference + WV and disappeared against everyone else.

He did go 9-11 against Ole Miss at home during that time but if your numbers are right, they are the bastard child of ONE aberrant conference performance.

I didn't crunch his shooting stats numbers but they gave those during tonights broadcast, I did crunch his scoring numbers and yes he came into the game averaging 15pts a game. Your attempts to undermine what this kid is doing is just showing you lack any objectivity.

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:24:15 pm
They had the exact same line tonight but it took Allen twice as long to have the same impact.
I'm sure you will feel that monk sucks next year too.

MountieDawg

I am pretty sure the hogs would be undefeated if not for the refs.
SEC!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 09:27:52 pm

You are way off MildCat fan. I blame the scorebook keeper and clock operators.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 09:27:52 pm

Yes this is true. You can never win when the 5 players and the 3 officials are all anti Hog, anti Hog fans, anti Hog players and anti Anderson. Its just hopeless.  :'(

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 03, 2016, 09:31:38 pm
Yes this is true. You can never win when the 5 players and the 3 officials are all anti Hog, anti Hog fans, anti Hog pkayers and anti Anderson. Its just hopeless.  :'(

The SEC has some of the worst home/away foul ratios of any conference in America. We get the benefit as well at home, but it's hard to like it when it goes against you.

Guys like you that refuse to admit this disparity do so because you actually are anti MA.

ShadowHawg

February 03, 2016, 09:42:47 pm #37 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:53:37 pm by ShadowHawg
Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:22:31 pm

Where did the KA fan club go?

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830427

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400809416

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830418

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830418

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830407

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830398

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830391

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830385

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830376

http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400830371

Don't know how anyone can look at these box scores and see anything other than an average Frosh. Inconsistent would be putting it politely. Bipolar might be more accurate.

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:42:47 pm
Where did the KA fan club go?
Ok everyone gets it, everyone would much rather have a freshman guard who struggles in conference than one who is playing his best basketball in conference...............

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 08:16:28 pm
that the bogus Tech on Moses wasn't a big factor down the stretch of the game.

We seem to always get hosed at Florida with some very questionable calls.  But that is the SEC. Seems like Home teams get the calls.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on February 03, 2016, 09:49:19 pm
Ok everyone gets it, everyone would much rather have a freshman guard who struggles in conference than one who is playing his best basketball in conference...............

Check out the box scores. Show me the awesomeness.

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:55:31 pm

In the last month Allen has 6 games with more points than Whitt's career high, and he has higher shooting percentages in FG, 3FG and FT. He would be the 4th highest scorer on our team.

You're right, we don't need him. 

hulk hog

Funny how a thread on a "bogus tech" turns into a Whitt vs. KeVaughn discussion.  It shouldn't be a comparison between Whitt and Allen.  We had room for both but one wanted to be here and maybe the other didn't.   I have high hopes for Whitt and I'm surprised he isn't farther along. I thought unless he was a double digit scorer this year we were in deep trouble, so I give Mike his due for what he has done with this team.  You can be bias against Allen because he didn't come here but to say he wouldn't have fit our style I think is wrong.  He didn't have his best game tonight but he still had double digits. He can run the floor and score.  At this moment he's better than any of our newcomers.

If I was Kingsley I would be frustrated too because he is the only post player we have and is carrying the full load  inside. If he leaves early we may be in deep trouble next year.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 08:33:58 pm
after the tech.............
Doesn't matter by all rights he should have been ejected right then, and he runs his mouth too much!

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:55:31 pm

15 pts a game in conference speaks for itself. Trying to pretend JW is a better player than KA just makes you lose all credibility. Also is ahead of JW in EVERY statistical category including shooting %....Even on an off night out scored JW 10-2 tonight...................

Quote from: hulk hog on February 03, 2016, 10:11:00 pm
Funny how a thread on a "bogus tech" turns into a Whitt vs. KeVaughn discussion.  It shouldn't be a comparison between Whitt and Allen.  We had room for both but one wanted to be here and maybe the other didn't.   I have high hopes for Whitt and I'm surprised he isn't farther along. I thought unless he was a double digit scorer this year we were in deep trouble, so I give Mike his due for what he has done with this team.  You can be bias against Allen because he didn't come here but to say he wouldn't have fit our style I think is wrong.  He didn't have his best game tonight but he still had double digits. He can run the floor and score.  At this moment he's better than any of our newcomers.

If I was Kingsley I would be frustrated too because he is the only post player we have and is carrying the full load  inside. If he leaves early we may be in deep trouble next year.
Good point on Kingsley. I really hope he stays so we can build around him.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2016, 10:00:54 pm
In the last month Allen has 6 games with more points than Whitt's career high, and he has higher shooting percentages in FG, 3FG and FT. He would be the 4th highest scorer on our team.

You're right, we don't need him.

He plays THREE times the minutes that Whitt gets to. So you would play KA ahead of Durham, Beard, Hannahs, and Bell? Really?

KA would be a terrible fit for what we do. He is not even close to being the best athlete on the floor. Whitt would be a terrible fit for Florida because he isn't as physical as KA.

I think that both programs and kids are exactly where they belong. I think Whitt will have the better career and KA will likely have a seat if Florida lands a shooter and he isn't able to run the point, which he doesn't look like he would be a great candidate for that at all.

Tonight it took Whitt 7 minutes to do what KA took 28 mins to do. KA did double him up  on made FGs though! LOL

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 08:43:30 pm
Allen and Whitt had the exact same stat line minus FTs. The only diff being that it took KA twice as many minutes to get his.

I guess you see what you want though.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400830427
Yeah apparently you want to see that there is even an ounce of an argument between which of these players are contributing a significant amount to their team and which isn't! The one that contributes the most plays on a more talented team as well!

I mean if you want to be real a no name new coach beat us in recruiting with just kids from our state!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 10:20:02 pm
He plays THREE times the minutes that Whitt gets to. So you would play KA ahead of Durham, Beard, Hannahs, and Bell? Really?

KA would be a terrible fit for what we do. He is not even close to being the best athlete on the floor. Whitt would be a terrible fit for Florida because he isn't as physical as KA.

I think that both programs and kids are exactly where they belong. I think Whitt will have the better career and KA will likely have a seat if Florida lands a shooter and he isn't able to run the point, which he doesn't look like he would be a great candidate for that at all.

Tonight it took Whitt 7 minutes to do what KA took 28 mins to do. KA did double him up  on made FGs though! LOL

Beard.  Yes KA > Beard
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 10:20:02 pm

You really believe KA wouldn't be playing more minutes than Whitt if he were here! That's laughable, MA is playing him for 2 reasons, one is if you recruited as bad as he did last year, you have to get minutes out of your best of the bunch! 2 the guys that are players need rest!