Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anderson Ranked #1 and #3 in SEC Coach of the Year Poll by ESPN Analysts

Started by hogwood, February 03, 2016, 11:56:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

The_Iceman

So last in recruiting, first in coaching. If only we could close that gap.

azhog10

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 03, 2016, 12:10:37 pm
Some nice perspective.
Coming from two guys who don't typically give CMA a whole lot of love. I think both lists are pretty solid and at times when you fail in recruiting you have to earn your paycheck in a different way. I think CMA is doing the most with what he has, but I am not going to give him too much credit bc they have to do a better job of filling the roster as well.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 12:01:52 pm
So last in recruiting, first in coaching. If only we could close that gap.

mis·er·a·ble
ˈmiz(ə)rəb(ə)l/
adjective
(of a person) wretchedly unhappy or uncomfortable.
"their happiness made Anne feel even more miserable"
synonyms:   unhappy, sad, sorrowful, dejected, depressed, downcast, downhearted, down, despondent, disconsolate, wretched, glum, gloomy, dismal, melancholy, woebegone, doleful, forlorn, heartbroken; More

The_Iceman

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 12:15:13 pm
mis·er·a·ble
ˈmiz(ə)rəb(ə)l/
adjective
(of a person) wretchedly unhappy or uncomfortable.
"their happiness made Anne feel even more miserable"
synonyms:   unhappy, sad, sorrowful, dejected, depressed, downcast, downhearted, down, despondent, disconsolate, wretched, glum, gloomy, dismal, melancholy, woebegone, doleful, forlorn, heartbroken; More

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/8

ShadowHawg

I have been looking at your post history, wins and losses don't seem to effect your outlook.

"their happiness made Anne feel even more miserable" is the part that made me LOL and think of you as I read it.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 12:23:18 pm
I have been looking at your post history, wins and losses don't seem to effect your outlook.

"their happiness made Anne feel even more miserable" is the part that made me LOL and think of you as I read it.

Your 115 post history along with this post shows you don't know how I've felt about Mike Anderson over his 5 years here.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 12:17:01 pm
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/8

I think the point you're proving with this was addressed before you made it, which is that if 'crootin goes south, you gotta find other ways.  I think he's doing that.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 12:27:16 pm
Your 115 post history along with this post shows you don't know how I've felt about Mike Anderson over his 5 years here.

You are right. I don't. But this if this is what you look like following the best season of the last 15 years, am I going to assume that you have been a peach up until the last 15 weeks?

This is just an article about what his peers think. They don't see things the same way we do as fans. It's nice to see what it looks like to them. I already know what it looks like from OUR perspective.

Why can't you just let it ride?

ShadowHawg

I just wanted to add some perspective ICE, when Izzo and Billy the Kid blasted us for firing their boys, I could have cared less what they thought regardless of their perspective.

I just don't get the need to make any positive this year out to be as if it were bogus without any merit. Recruiting seems to be your biggest complaint, yet we have done well this year at meeting the needs going forward but you act like we just brought in Pel level talent or something.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 03, 2016, 12:45:22 pm
I just wanted to add some perspective ICE, when Izzo and Billy the Kid blasted us for firing their boys, I could have cared less what they thought regardless of their perspective.

I just don't get the need to make any positive this year out to be as if it were bogus without any merit. Recruiting seems to be your biggest complaint, yet we have done well this year at meeting the needs going forward but you act like we just brought in Pel level talent or something.

I am excited about the 2016 recruiting class. That class is ranked #25 (about the same as Bielema's 2016 class). But the 2015 class was ranked #94 and 2014 was ranked #38. Consistent Top 25 classes will get this program where we need to be because Mike can develop talent and get players to excel on the court. We don't have to be Top 10, even though schools like Bama, Auburn, Miss State, and a&m are finding ways to do it.

But you have to recruit CONSISTENTLY better, so that we don't have wasted years like right now.

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 12:50:23 pm
I am excited about the 2016 recruiting class. That class is ranked #25 (about the same as Bielema's 2016 class). But the 2015 class was ranked #94 and 2014 was ranked #38. Consistent Top 25 classes will get this program where we need to be because Mike can develop talent and get players to excel on the court. We don't have to be Top 10, even though schools like Bama, Auburn, Miss State, and a&m are finding ways to do it.

But you have to recruit CONSISTENTLY better, so that we don't have wasted years like right now.
AND 2013 was 13th, 2011 (which some credit Anderson for when things go wrong and credit Pel when they go right) was 6th. Of course the transfers of Hannahs and Thomas don't factor in anywhere.

ShadowHawg

So you are saying that you want us to be like Bama, Auburn, and Miss St?

I left A&M out because it looked like one of those Sesame St thangs where one of these things is not like the others to me.

Recruiting class rankings have a lot do with the size of the class as well. Signing a lot JUCOs will also not get you high rating but can get you to where Iowa St is.

Once you get past the obvious lottery pick type guys, the rest are as much about development as anything. If star gazing is your thing for basketball recruiting, you are a fan of the wrong school and have been for at least 40 years now.

TomBigBeeHog

But you know that a chain of events occurred that caused this down season and it is not the norm for CMA teams, still you beat this drum everyday. Even Paul Revere only had to ride one time to sufficiently warn everyone that the British were coming. I'm pretty sure that you have discharged your duty to Hogville. You can stop sounding the alarm now.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 03, 2016, 01:00:38 pm
But you know that a chain of events occurred that caused this down season and it is not the norm for CMA teams, still you beat this drum everyday. Even Paul Revere only had to ride one time to sufficiently warn everyone that the British were coming. I'm pretty sure that you have discharged your duty to Hogville. You can stop sounding the alarm now.

What about the people that tell us every day beating the drum that Mike just needs more time (5 years isn't enough) and that he won 27 games (and only got to the 2nd round) and he is doing a great coaching job (ignoring recruiting and roster management as a part of coaching) and just wait til next year (when we reasonably could have been on the NCAA bubble this year)?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 01:06:16 pm
What about the people that tell us every day beating the drum that Mike just needs more time (5 years isn't enough) and that he won 27 games (and only got to the 2nd round) and he is doing a great coaching job (ignoring recruiting and roster management as a part of coaching) and just wait til next year (when we reasonably could have been on the NCAA bubble this year)?

So you are saying that if we make the bubble, you will be happy?

Also, BigBee just spanked you in his retort. I admire your courage in trying to respond.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 01:06:16 pm

71 words with only one punctuation mark. Whew.

First off, I won't try to answer for other people. That requires too many assumptions. All I can tell you is that I like the overall direction of the program right now and I think that the way CMA is doing it will be sustainable. I wanted to be in the tournament every year from year 1 and was frustrated with the misses but I could see progress every year, this year notwithstanding.

I am not going to let my disappointment with this year cloud my overall perspective that we are trending in the right direction, although granted it is not at the pace I and others wanted. I can see much reason for optimism in the next couple of years in recruiting and look for results on the court next season to back up that outlook.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

Nice to see CMA getting recognized for doing a great job of coaching. A big part of the coaching job this year has been to keep these guys engaged during some trying times and tough losses. Some teams will quit giving their best effort when things aren't going well.

Props to Coach Anderson and staff for getting noticed for the product they are putting out on the court in spite of the challenges.

MountieDawg

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 03, 2016, 01:46:05 pm
Nice to see CMA getting recognized for doing a great job of coaching. A big part of the coaching job this year has been to keep these guys engaged during some trying times and tough losses. Some teams will quit giving their best effort when things aren't going well.

Props to Coach Anderson and staff for getting noticed for the product they are putting out on the court in spite of the challenges.

If MA is doing a GREAT job of coaching this year at 11-10, what type of job would he be doing if the team was 16-5 or even 21-0?  The circumstances that lead to this season where due to his players making bad decisions, other than Portis who everyone should have known there was a good chance he left. If you cannot blame him for what his players did, how can you blame PEL for ARP, he didn't take their tests!
SEC!

The_Iceman

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 02:38:38 pm
If MA is doing a GREAT job of coaching this year at 11-10, would type of job would he be doing if the team was 16-5 or even 21-0?  The circumstances that lead to this season where due to his players making bad decisions, other than Portis who everyone should have known there was a good chance he left. If you cannot blame him for what his players did, how can you blame PEL for ARP, he didn't take their tests!

I would much rather Mike Anderson be considered for SEC coach of the year this year because his team was sitting at 17-4, not because he is overachieving at 11-10 with a roster he assembled.

TomBigBeeHog

If MA is doing a GREAT job of coaching this year at 11-10, would type of job would he be doing if the team was 16-5 or even 21-0?  The circumstances that lead to this season where due to his players making bad decisions, other than Portis who everyone should have known there was a good chance he left. If you cannot blame him for what his players did, how can you blame PEL for ARP, he didn't take their tests!

What are you talking about? I haven't mentioned Pel or blamed him for anything. 

Furthermore, if you have an issue with CMA being recognized, you need to take it up with the guys at ESPN.

MountieDawg

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 03, 2016, 02:43:22 pm
I haven't mentioned Pel or blamed him for anything. What are you talking about? Furthermore, if you have an issue with CMA being recognized, you need to take it up with the guys at ESPN.

Sorry but you are evading the question. You said that you are glad to see MA getting recognized for the GREAT coaching job he is doing.  So what type of job would he be doing if the team was 16-5 or even 21-0?
SEC!

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 02:46:30 pm
Sorry but you are evading the question. You said that you are glad to see MA getting recognized for the GREAT coaching job he is doing.  So what type of job would he be doing if the team was 16-5 or even 21-0?

GREATer?

MountieDawg

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 03, 2016, 02:52:40 pm
GREATer?

Exactly!  I am sure that instead of participation trophies for youth sports, you prefer to hand out a Great Job trophy to every kid that played.
SEC!

The_Iceman

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 02:46:30 pm

He is doing a great on-court coaching job this year. Too bad being a head coach involves more than just that.

Mike isn't a high school coach who just lost a senior class and the 9th graders coming up aren't that good. Mike is responsible for recruiting players, managing his roster, maintaining players, developing those players, and getting production on the court that results in wins. He isn't doing so good in the first 3.

This team could be 17-4 right now if he didn't take a recruiting gamble with Kapita, mishandle Nick Babb, and maybe landed another recruit or two to help offset the offseason departures.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 02:58:27 pm
Exactly!  I am sure that instead of participation trophies for youth sports, you prefer to hand out a Great Job trophy to every kid that played.

Sorry but I can't help you with this one.

Again, ESPN guys are the ones who ranked Anderson as #1 and #3, not me.  Maybe you could send them a mean tweet. If nothing else, you might get to see them read it on Kimmel.

ShadowHawg

If MA is doing a GREAT job of coaching this year at 11-10, what type of job would he be doing if the team was 16-5 or even 21-0?  The circumstances that lead to this season where due to his players making bad decisions, other than Portis who everyone should have known there was a good chance he left. If you cannot blame him for what his players did, how can you blame PEL for ARP, he didn't take their tests!

That Qualls, what a dope! He should have known he was going to tear an ACL when he declared!

What a bad decision he made.

Sarcasm off.........................By the way, Mountie is a Kentucky, not a Hog fan. We should dog pile him anytime he wants to bad mouth our coach.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 03:08:19 pm
He is doing a great on-court coaching job this year. Too bad being a head coach involves more than just that.

Mike isn't a high school coach who just lost a senior class and the 9th graders coming up aren't that good. Mike is responsible for recruiting players, managing his roster, maintaining players, developing those players, and getting production on the court that results in wins. He isn't doing so good in the first 3.

This team could be 17-4 right now if he didn't take a recruiting gamble with Kapita, mishandle Nick Babb, and maybe landed another recruit or two to help offset the offseason departures.

Did you and Mountie read the OP? ESPN guys gave a ranking based on performance so far this season and they gave their reasons. If you don't like what they said, get out of this thread.

Breems

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 03:08:19 pm
mishandle Nick Babb

Are all players that transfer mishandled?

What did you know about Nick Babb that no one, including the coaches, knew?
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

TomBigBeeHog

Don't know why you guys are attacking me over something that a couple of guys on ESPN said. Why don't you refute the assertations made in support of the rankings given during the segment. That would make more sense.

Rawker

I realize none of our opinions matter, especially that of a CMA sunshiner like me, but I was going to post about what a great job of in-season coaching Mike has done.  When I look at this roster when they're on the floor, compared to so many decent-to-better-program teams, I think to myself, "How in the heck are these guys even competing with the teams they've either beaten or barely lost to?"  When I watched TAM vs IOWA ST the other day, I was thinking, "The current Hogs beat THOSE GUY?"  Granted, it was at home, but still....   And I'm in the minority, but I still don't lay all the recruiting woes at the feet of CMA.  Having been involved in youth basketball for the last few years and watched how recruiting occurs just for FRICKIN' 5TH AND 6TH GRADERS, I don't know how any given group ends up with a particular player except for being lured by potentially empty promises.  Why did the Hogs lose Monk or Allen or whoever?  Who the frick knows, man?  Everyone gets on here and says they know.....BS.  In the end it's up to a 17 year old who has 100 different voices in his head.  I've been around CMA a bit, and I don't see an empty promise guy by any stretch.  That's his problem?  Not to me.  Besides, with all the attempts they made at several guys over the last few years, including the highly-touted Kapita who had to leave us at the alter, it turns out all they needed was ONE GUY, not a bunch of answers at several positions.  It could have been Kapita, or Qualls could have been expected to stay when he was a FR and SO...JUST ONE GUY....and that could be the difference between 3 points with Stanford, 3 points on the road at WF, 3 points against Mercer, one point on the road against Dayton, TWO points at LSU, 3 points at GA.  Jeezuz.  Get those 15 points and the Hogs are 17-4 and on the inside looking out WITH SOME GREAT PLAYERS COMING IN NEXT YEAR!  Not trying to get lost in the shoulda woulda coulda thing, but my point is the blame for not getting the better players is highly OVERstated when you consider how lucky you have to be to get the absolute tops, especially if they actaully have the choice to go to one of the historically big 5 or 6 (Kansas, KY, Duke, NC, Indiana, etc).  We do have to hope we get the best players from Arkansas, but it's ridiculous to expect that all of those will be Hogs, especially in the case of Monk, who is the kind of kid that ends up with a little behind-the-bleacher counsel - whether he wants it or not - from agents and scouts from NY to LA.  I dunno....I like Mike.  I think he's doing fine.  We have great players coming in next year (including my fave Arkansan from the last few cycles of High School ball in Macon), and at some point soon we'll have that lucky collection of players that takes it to another level.  But I say unto ye, if you were to dump Mike for piss-poor reasons now, you'd be staring at Curse #2, and I GUARANTEE you that Mike would end up taking like a Florida Internation to the tourney the year after. while we wait out the next 3-4 years of the Hogs riding the post-season pine (well, they'd probably go the year after Mike is gone...with his recruits, like Frank Haith).         

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 03, 2016, 03:19:22 pm
Did you and Mountie read the OP? ESPN guys gave a ranking based on performance so far this season and they gave their reasons. If you don't like what they said, get out of this thread.

I have no problem with what they said. I think his on court coaching this season is worthy of attention from the national media. But his overall grade for his coaching performance this season should include more than just that, since he is responsible for the roster on the floor.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 03:32:07 pm
I have no problem with what they said. I think his on court coaching this season is worthy of attention from the national media. But his overall grade for his coaching performance this season should include more than just that, since he is responsible for the roster on the floor.

I get what you are saying but you said it a million times and NONE of this has any bearing on the OP because no one on Hogville set the criteria for the ESPN commentators. They made up their own minds.

Like I said, shoot ESPN a mean tweet or a nasty email but stop harassing us in jumpball. That's not going to make them revise their list.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Rawker on February 03, 2016, 03:32:04 pm
But I say unto ye, if you were to dump Mike for piss-poor reasons now, you'd be staring at Curse #2, and I GUARANTEE you that Mike would end up taking like a Florida Internation to the tourney the year after. while we wait out the next 3-4 years of the Hogs riding the post-season pine (well, they'd probably go the year after Mike is gone...with his recruits, like Frank Haith).         

I don't want Mike to be fired, but just don't want the fans and administration to give him a pass on this season either. We are seeing coaches step into programs like a&m, Auburn, Alabama, and Mississippi State and bring in some of the top classes in the country, and some of those top players aren't even from within their own state. And what do you hear about most of those programs? They have a dynamic assistant coach that can recruit within the AAU circuit.

Mike and his staff has done a really good job landing a Top 25 class in 2016, but that needs to be done consistently if we are to get beyond just mediocre. #94 and #38 classes in the country like in 2014 and 2015 are not going to cut it. We may pull some upsets and excite some fans here and there, but we won't be getting to the NCAA tournament.

It looks like Mike has righted the ship in 2016 and Gafford is a great start in 2017. But if we don't start recruiting consistently in the Top 25, especially with the instate talent we produce, we are going to struggle here.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 03:39:16 pm
I don't want Mike to be fired, but just don't want the fans and administration to give him a pass on this season either.

Ice, he hasn't gotten a pass on this season. Your family just renounced its continued support of the basketball team this season and you have waged digital jihad for almost a year now. What else do you have planned?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 03:39:16 pm
I don't want Mike to be fired, but just don't want the fans and administration to give him a pass on this season either. We are seeing coaches step into programs like a&m, Auburn, Alabama, and Mississippi State and bring in some of the top classes in the country, and some of those top players aren't even from within their own state. And what do you hear about most of those programs? They have a dynamic assistant coach that can recruit within the AAU circuit.

Mike and his staff has done a really good job landing a Top 25 class in 2016, but that needs to be done consistently if we are to get beyond just mediocre. #94 and #38 classes in the country like in 2014 and 2015 are not going to cut it. We may pull some upsets and excite some fans here and there, but we won't be getting to the NCAA tournament.

It looks like Mike has righted the ship in 2016 and Gafford is a great start in 2017. But if we don't start recruiting consistently in the Top 25, especially with the instate talent we produce, we are going to struggle here.

I think you are in the wrong thread. COY awards are simply about in game coaching and roster management as it pertains to your in season rotation, not what might have been.

You seem to be mad that there is anyone who thinks that in that vein of thought, anyone could think MA is doing a good job because of factors that are NEVER weighed when talking about this subject.

The article doesn't pertain in any way, shape, or form to what you are complaining about. The article is about preparation and performance on gameday. That's it. Not recruiting, not off season development, etc

MountieDawg

New Commercial like DirectTV with the Hogville version of THE SETTLERS

Rawker:            Father, How come we can't have great recruiting classes like the rest of the SEC?
TomBigbee:       Because we're settlers son, we settle for things like All-State players not McDonalds All-Americans.
Neighbor           Hey Bigbee, how is it going?
TomBigbee:      Working the land, hoping for a fertile spring.
Neighbor:         Alright
Rawker:           So we have to live with lower recruiting rankings hopefully the NIT.
TomBigbee:       I am afraid so, now go churn us some butter boy!  And then go make your own clothes!
Rawker:           YES SIR
Announcer:        Don't be a settler, upgrade from poor recruiting classes and get a real recruiter!   
SEC!

ShadowHawg

TomBigBeeHog

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Rawker on February 03, 2016, 03:32:04 pm
I realize none of our opinions matter, especially that of a CMA sunshiner like me, but I was going to post about what a great job of in-season coaching Mike has done.  When I look at this roster when they're on the floor, compared to so many decent-to-better-program teams, I think to myself, "How in the heck are these guys even competing with the teams they've either beaten or barely lost to?"  When I watched TAM vs IOWA ST the other day, I was thinking, "The current Hogs beat THOSE GUY?"  Granted, it was at home, but still....   And I'm in the minority, but I still don't lay all the recruiting woes at the feet of CMA.  Having been involved in youth basketball for the last few years and watched how recruiting occurs just for FRICKIN' 5TH AND 6TH GRADERS, I don't know how any given group ends up with a particular player except for being lured by potentially empty promises.  Why did the Hogs lose Monk or Allen or whoever?  Who the frick knows, man?  Everyone gets on here and says they know.....BS.  In the end it's up to a 17 year old who has 100 different voices in his head.  I've been around CMA a bit, and I don't see an empty promise guy by any stretch.  That's his problem?  Not to me.  Besides, with all the attempts they made at several guys over the last few years, including the highly-touted Kapita who had to leave us at the alter, it turns out all they needed was ONE GUY, not a bunch of answers at several positions.  It could have been Kapita, or Qualls could have been expected to stay when he was a FR and SO...JUST ONE GUY....and that could be the difference between 3 points with Stanford, 3 points on the road at WF, 3 points against Mercer, one point on the road against Dayton, TWO points at LSU, 3 points at GA.  Jeezuz.  Get those 15 points and the Hogs are 17-4 and on the inside looking out WITH SOME GREAT PLAYERS COMING IN NEXT YEAR!  Not trying to get lost in the shoulda woulda coulda thing, but my point is the blame for not getting the better players is highly OVERstated when you consider how lucky you have to be to get the absolute tops, especially if they actaully have the choice to go to one of the historically big 5 or 6 (Kansas, KY, Duke, NC, Indiana, etc).  We do have to hope we get the best players from Arkansas, but it's ridiculous to expect that all of those will be Hogs, especially in the case of Monk, who is the kind of kid that ends up with a little behind-the-bleacher counsel - whether he wants it or not - from agents and scouts from NY to LA.  I dunno....I like Mike.  I think he's doing fine.  We have great players coming in next year (including my fave Arkansan from the last few cycles of High School ball in Macon), and at some point soon we'll have that lucky collection of players that takes it to another level.  But I say unto ye, if you were to dump Mike for piss-poor reasons now, you'd be staring at Curse #2, and I GUARANTEE you that Mike would end up taking like a Florida Internation to the tourney the year after. while we wait out the next 3-4 years of the Hogs riding the post-season pine (well, they'd probably go the year after Mike is gone...with his recruits, like Frank Haith).       

How about the right players to fit how we want to play? 

Wouldn't be surprising to see him have success at a mid to low major where academic restrictions are fewer and competition is less.  Great system for undersized underdog programs.  Given the transfers and JC recruits, we may be setup for a similar roster turnover in a couple of years.

Congrats to Mike and the team for this recognition. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

scruf

ESPN Analysts made a huge mistake in this poll. They forgot to logon to Jump Ball, the bastion of all Hog hoops knowledge, curator of gurus, keeper of

The_Iceman

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 03:48:21 pm

Rawker:            Father, How come we can't have great recruiting classes like the rest of the SEC?
TomBigbee:       Because we're settlers son, we settle for things like All-State players not McDonalds All-Americans.
Rawker:           So we have to live with lower recruiting rankings hopefully the NIT.
TomBigbee:       I am afraid so, now go churn us some butter boy!  And then go make your own clothes!
Announcer:        Don't be a settler, upgrade from poor recruiting classes and get a real recruiter!   

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 03:48:21 pm

Boy, those ESPN commentators really got to you with their opinions. It hurts you so bad that they had something good to say about CMA. Find it amusing that this bothers you so much.

The_Iceman

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 03, 2016, 03:45:25 pm
Ice, he hasn't gotten a pass on this season. Your family just renounced its continued support of the basketball team this season and you have waged digital jihad for almost a year now. What else do you have planned?

To go to the game Saturday and cheer for the Hogs to beat Tennessee.

MountieDawg

I do like both teams, I have never denied that.  I have been to many more Arkansas games than Kentucky games.  But I try to never miss either team on at least on TV...  I have sent 3 kids to the UofA and plenty of money.  How could a hamburger lover really like pizza?  Last night I wasn't happy with the number of stupid fouls Kentucky committed!  I would love to see both teams fighting to make it to the Final Four every year! 
I don't believe MA is happy with the record this year and the state of the program this year and he would like to be a lot better, but far too many fans are jumping for joy, if you don't demand excellence....  You will never achieve excellence!!!
SEC!

MountieDawg

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on February 03, 2016, 03:55:44 pm
Boy, those ESPN commentators really got to you with their opinions. It hurts you so bad that they had something good to say about CMA. Find it amusing that this bothers you so much.

Not bothered at all by what they said.... Just laughing at THE SETTLERS!
SEC!

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 03:57:43 pm
I do like both teams, I have never denied that.  I have been to many more Arkansas games than Kentucky games.  But I try to never miss either team on at least on TV...  I have sent 3 kids to the UofA and plenty of money.  How could a hamburger lover really like pizza?  Last night I wasn't happy with the number of stupid fouls Kentucky committed!  I would love to see both teams fighting to make it to the Final Four every year! 
I don't believe MA is happy with the record this year and the state of the program this year and he would like to be a lot better, but far too many fans are jumping for joy, if you don't demand excellence....  You will never achieve excellence!!!

Go back and read the OP and you will see that your commentary is misplaced. This is the wrong thread.

MountieDawg

I am out of this thread, I hope MA wins SEC Coach of the year.  Those awards are much more comforting than NCAAT bids.  OUT
SEC!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 03:57:43 pm

You are the only "Hog" fan I know that is for both. You may get in state tuition at the U of A, but you are a Kentucky fan who watches Arkansas basketball. Don't get it confused. :P