Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Moses Kingsley is the SEC Player of the Week

Started by Hawg Red, February 01, 2016, 11:28:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

:razorback:

Averaged 17.5 PPG, 11 RPG, 2 APG, 1.5 BPG, 1 SPG in wins over A&M and Texas Tech.

phadedhawg

Breems

Can't believe how improved he looks this year. I did not expect this at all from watching him last year.

Will be glad to have him again next year.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

BRHogfan

Quote from: Breems on February 01, 2016, 11:31:52 am
Can't believe how improved he looks this year. I did not expect this at all from watching him last year.

I hope he sticks around for next year.  I saw one mock draft (probably a stupid one) but they had him at #13. 

TomBigBeeHog

He comes back next year and I think he is looking at working his way into becoming a first round draft pick. Gonna be nice to have a finisher at the rim like Barford who can also dish off to the big fella.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

The_Iceman

Its probably be best not to go look at who the SEC Freshman of the Week was.

Danny J

Qualls along with Moses needs to be CMA's opening words to new recruits

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 01, 2016, 01:07:08 pm
Its probably be best not to go look at who the SEC Freshman of the Week was.

Pretty sure it was somebody from NLR since you put it like that. Good luck to ol' whatz hiz name. Hope he falls flat in his next game and then I'll go back to not caring.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hogsolo

I like his emotion, passion, and leadership.   I'd hate to see him leave, but the NBA is a seductive lady.

Soooie21

Good for him...if he would start games the way he finishes, then we would have something special....

gmarv

that's great, good for moses.i hope he wins a bunch of those next year.

rude1

Quote from: Danny J on February 01, 2016, 01:12:10 pm
Qualls along with Moses needs to be CMA's opening words to new recruits
There's a list of them, three guys who were career single digit scorers are now 16+ per game scorers. Maybe we can forever put to bed that CMA can't develop players especially a "big man". Of course I know it won't but we can hopeful that the conversation moves along.

ShadowHawg

Rawker

Dude - that would be too much luck for this program, which is slightly snake-bit when it comes to keeping the guys who could use another year but don't seem to agree.  Kingsley is out!

BRHogfan

Quote from: rude1 on February 01, 2016, 05:01:27 pm
There's a list of them, three guys who were career single digit scorers are now 16+ per game scorers. Maybe we can forever put to bed that CMA can't develop players especially a "big man". Of course I know it won't but we can hopeful that the conversation moves along.

I actually really like this though.  Qualls, Bell, and Kingsley are all examples of guys that had little to no buzz about their NBA prospects until a few years under Mike's tutelage.

Hawg Red

Quote from: rude1 on February 01, 2016, 05:01:27 pm

The only posts about MA not developing bigs nowadays are the posts like yours above. Portis pretty much ended that speculation.

HawgHeadCheese

Am I the only one that's impressed with Moses perimeter Defense. I've see him rip a guard and take it coast to coast for a jam at least 6 or 7 times this year.

BRHogfan

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 02, 2016, 08:16:32 am
Am I the only one that's impressed with Moses perimeter Defense. I've see him rip a guard and take it coast to coast for a jam at least 6 or 7 times this year.

He almost did it three times against Texas Tech.  Finally got it on the third try. 

I don't think any of them expect him to get that low. 

Hawg Red

That kind of defensive versatility helped Portis as a draft prospect and it is a good attribute for a big man to have with the NBA's continued move towards "small ball."

BRHogfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 02, 2016, 08:45:51 am
That kind of defensive versatility helped Portis as a draft prospect and it is a good attribute for a big man to have with the NBA's continued move towards "small ball."

I mean that was one of the reasons they loved Willie Cauley Stein so much, because he would go and defend the perimeter guys, too. 

hogwood

Quote from: BRHogfan on February 01, 2016, 12:53:34 pm
I hope he sticks around for next year.  I saw one mock draft (probably a stupid one) but they had him at #13.

I think that is probably bogus. I mean his numbers are impressive but his last 2 years will not get him in the lottery even with an impressive year. It would be crazy if he gets that buzz seriously. If he does, I expect Mike´s recruiting game to blow up.

HotlantaHog

All last year I kept thinking I hate to think about Kingsley starting in the future... and he has grown into a terrific player ... I know the Hogs are undermanned this year, but the progress some of the individual players have made is nothing short of amazing.

aredwolfrazorback

The entire time he has been on this team you have not seen this coming? You are usually spot on with your analysis Mr. Breems!

I don't know too much about basketball but I do recognize talent. I've been a sunshine pumper for Kingsley since the day he put on a Hog jersey and stepped on the court.

Remember all of those posts clamoring for more Kingsley playing time over the last couple of years?

Yeah....apparently we weren't that crazy after all.  ;D

With all the beers and all the cheers, I'm a hog fan for the rest of my years.

UA 2010
ASU 2008

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: aredwolfrazorback on February 03, 2016, 04:22:49 pm
The entire time he has been on this team you have not seen this coming? You are usually spot on with your analysis Mr. Breems!

I don't know too much about basketball but I do recognize talent. I've been a sunshine pumper for Kingsley since the day he put on a Hog jersey and stepped on the court.

Remember all of those posts clamoring for more Kingsley playing time over the last couple of years?

Like you, I always thought Kingsley would come along nicely. My biggest fear with Kingsley was that he would foul out of every game. Coaches seem to have worked with him on that and he is doing much better than I anticipated in that regard.

Breems

Quote from: aredwolfrazorback on February 03, 2016, 04:22:49 pm

Nope, I did not see it coming. I figured he would be improved but nowhere near this level. His coordination and touch around the basket this year compared to last year is night and day.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

jry04

Quote from: Breems on February 04, 2016, 09:01:48 am
Nope, I did not see it coming. I figured he would be improved but nowhere near this level. His coordination and touch around the basket this year compared to last year is night and day.
Once he develops some post moves he will be near unstoppable. When a quality big man guards him he struggles to get points outside of transition or offensive rebounds. Last night is one of many examples. I look forward to when he can call for the ball and beat his man 1 on 1 like Bobby could most possessions. I think he is getting close. The fact that his post offense is average and he still puts up double digits every single game just shows how much potential he really has.